Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Tekopo posted:

One thing, the cheat sheet for the moves didn't have a botch result for cutting a promo, what is it going to be?

There's a list of choices in the hard move section of the moves cheat sheet. I'm saving it until afterwards so I can make it make narrative sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
kay I had some exams going on but I'll be free after today. I'll be posting tonight or tomorrow when I'm guaranteed-free.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Okay I admit it I am completely incapable of narrating how a wrestling match goes. I hate to be a really awful person but...

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I would also like a primer (this is why I was pretty stoked to be at the bottom of the card).

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
Same really.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Yeah, I get that.

Most wrestling sequences have two bits to them. A purpose, like showing that the two are evenly matched, that one has an advantage in one particular facet, etc. It's the reason for the sequence. This is also where working limbs, chain wrestling and things like that come into play.

The second bit is the peak, the exclamation point. It's usually either a hard-hitting move, a signature move or a near-miss of one of the two prior. The sequence I described was trying to put over Royston by having Howitzer have to scramble away, out of the submission hold, because if it was locked in, it'd be game over in the story of the match.

For this match, I'm trying to go for the speed of Reynolds vs the technical acumen of Royston.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Gonna be writing the continuation today hopefully.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Go watch a few random wrestling matches on youtube. Just see how they kind of flow, and worse comes to worse watch to see a few moves you like and you think might fit your guy and work them into your sequence descriptions.

I'm still here, had a really lovely week last week but I'll spare you excuses. I'll try to do some announcing maybe while at work tomorrow.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Speaking of sparing excuses, I've had a lovely health week last week. Did we want to keep going with me doing the next sequence?

Also, who's still around? Sorry about this, between a pair of sinus infections and work, my free time where I want to actually do things is dwindling.

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
I'm still up for it but I'm pretty sure I'm poo poo at commentary.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Present!

...I fear I'm also bad at it, but I can do what I can, I guess. Please advise.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I'm still here.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

At the end of the day, don't worry about being bad. There's a lot of bad wrestling and bad wrestling commentary -right now- that people are generally ok with. Go nuts.

I'll get something up for Howitzer tomorrow.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I've admittedly not paid much attention to the game lately since it often disappears on the deeper end of my bookmarks.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

I'm still here and interested.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
If you need a spot filled I'd like to write up a Monster or Veteran.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Finally remembered to post, sorry for the wait. Is there space for other wrestlers? Maybe we should make a head-count and do some more recruiting if necessary.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Unfortunately, due to some new changes at work, I'm probably going to have to drop running this at the moment. I'm both busier and in a generally worse mood than normal, which is making writing stuff up for this game worse than normal.

I hate doing this, but it's probably better than I cut it early than trying to force out some garbage plot and get more and more frustrated with it on a personal level.

Sorry, guys. Between this system not really being as nice for PbP and real life stomping me a bit, I'm just gonna shut things down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Hey, thanks for the effort. It forced me to learn a thing or two about wrasslin, and the content that did come of it was fun.

• Locked thread