Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
Problem description: Bios Update R2087H4 is taking over an hour to install and still going

Attempted fixes: Called Sony Tech Support. Hung the phone up after they told me to turn the computer off because I'm not risking bricking my computer

Recent changes: Nothing. Just simple install problems

--

Operating system: Windows 7 64 bit

System specs: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834127643

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

teen phone cutie fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Aug 31, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
Alt+tab around, hit ctrl+d to go to desktop, move the window around, and otherwise look for some sort of prompt or pop-up that needs to be clicked. Other than that I'm not sure what answer you're expecting other than "turn the computer off."

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
Fixed it. Just forced closed the program and restarted it successfully.

• Locked thread