Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

sadly doing predictive text locally instead of in the cloud for data-mining and targeted advertising is actually innovative these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

WaPo posted:

“Apple will become the phone of choice for the pedophile,” said John J. Escalante, chief of detectives for Chicago’s police department. “The average pedophile at this point is probably thinking, I’ve got to get an Apple phone.”

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

apple splits from u2 and partners with paramount, puts free seasons of star trek on everyone's itunes accounts

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

b0lt posted:

isn't the phone totally disabled on iOS 8.0.1

lol

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

flakeloaf posted:

apple splits from u2 and partners with paramount, puts free seasons of star trek on everyone's itunes accounts

lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

it already was

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

this guy seriously made me angry this morning before i could get any caffeine in me

that makes him my enemy

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

context?

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Bloody posted:

context?

the FBI is very mad encryption is becoming default on phones

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

power botton posted:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

power botton posted:

the nsa probably thinks its hilarious that the fbi thinks a 4 digit pin is some huge impediment

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
cia is probably all "we just waterboard the guy until he gives us his passcode LOL"

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
or gently caress it just kill them

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

echinopsis posted:

or gently caress it just kill them

but then we won't know who else to kill

thats why we leave these tough decisions up to the professionals at the via

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
hey so does the bash bug affect osx

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Blackula69 posted:

short answer seems to be "yes, but only if you use ssh so most people won't be effected"

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Blackula69 posted:

yes

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

oh poo poo I use ssh what do I do ??

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
pray

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
lol @ another Linux vulnerability. looks like people are just now starting to look at all that open sores.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
altho tbf letting a webserver run shell code is an incredibly stupid idea so anyone whos affected by this deserves it.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Shaggar posted:

lol @ another Linux vulnerability. looks like people are just now starting to look at all that open sores.

and you know the resopnse will be "but at least we can look at the source and fix it, try that with your commercial corporate whore :nsa: spyware operating system"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

flakeloaf posted:

and you know the resopnse will be "but at least we can look at the source and fix it, try that with your commercial corporate whore :nsa: spyware operating system"

Shellshock just 'a blip' says Richard Stallman as Bash bug attacks increase

GNU Project founder: ‘Any program can have a bug. But a proprietary program is likely to have intentional bugs’

• Locked thread