Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Hahaha, Naruto is one of the biggest series Shonen Jump has ever had. It's not becoming public domain anytime soon.

Yeah, I meant to frame it in a way that's just 'man it'd be cool if this happened' not that I was expecting it to work out that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
You guys mentioned that Bee uses 7 swords, and I can't let that go by without a picture of how Bee actually wields those things.

Killer Bee is the one of the best things to happen in Shippuden. Especially his :airquote:story:airquote: in UNS Generations.

ChorpSaway posted:

As for the Narutoke Up! contest, since there were only two entries (that weren't from friends/co-commentators) and both of them were cool, I thought I might as well give you both a prize! So, Level Seven and Shadow225, tell me if you want a new avatar/forums upgrade/whatever or if you'd like one of the Ultimate Ninja Storm games for Steam. Dattebayolo!

I've yet to get the platinum upgrade so that works for me. Thanks for rewarding the creations of puns that shouldn't have been made.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Not a single sword held in his hand, not one.

In combat Bee basically switches between spinning like a ball and juggling the swords while kicking, grabbing and throwing them with whatever is available. It really is a kind of weaponized break dancing and you should all watch the video because it's just wonderful to see in motion.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Neruz posted:

Not a single sword held in his hand, not one.

In combat Bee basically switches between spinning like a ball and juggling the swords while kicking, grabbing and throwing them with whatever is available. It really is a kind of weaponized break dancing and you should all watch the video because it's just wonderful to see in motion.

I've watched the video and I don't think the animation is good enough to do such a fighting style justice - after he assumes the stance it's almost all blurs and/or whirls. Also that trick with Suigetsu's sword was funny, but it really didn't make sense. The actual animation in the game seems better than in the anime (barring the occasional switch in style, like in the Pain fight), so if they really end up reusing the fight hopefully it'll look better, too.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Thanks for the LP. It was nice to catch up on one of my teenage interests, made more bearable with puns. I'll take archives, if that's cool with you. Also, I think you may have gotten my reference slightly wrong, but who's counting.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Ah, I see. It's seven and not eight because he needs a leg to stand on.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Level Seven posted:

Killer Bee is the one of the best things to happen in Shippuden. Especially his :airquote:story:airquote: in UNS Generations.
His story mode is basically the only noteworthy thing in Generations, mostly because of the cutscenes.

That said, I never really liked Killer Bee much. If one of the non-Naruto jinchuriki was going to survive, I'd much rather it had been Fuu (I think the seven-tails' design is probably the best one, it would have been nice to see a female character actually matter for once, and she seems so drat likeable if you play as her)

U.T. Raptor fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Apr 10, 2015

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Hell yes Killer B. Hell yes the game is dooone. I can't add that podcast to itunes. halp

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
This might be too much work for little reward, but would you be willing to make a video of all of the characters' special moves and Jutsus? Simply [Combo 1, Combo 2,...,Throw, etc.] many of them have been already shown in the videos, but I don't think all, and it'd nice to have a single video like that. Granted, I don't know how much work that would entail. This time I've read through the first two posts and I'm reasonably sure I didn't miss such a video!

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

Level Seven posted:

I've yet to get the platinum upgrade so that works for me. Thanks for rewarding the creations of puns that shouldn't have been made.

All puns deserve to be made, especially the bad ones.
Gift Cert code for Plat: 15901F0-47C71E7EDD-E5F2E

Shadow225 posted:

Thanks for the LP. It was nice to catch up on one of my teenage interests, made more bearable with puns. I'll take archives, if that's cool with you. Also, I think you may have gotten my reference slightly wrong, but who's counting.

Look I'll have you know I'm very cultured and am familiar with all the weed songs. (I'll fix that in the post)
I can actually send your thing through PM so I'll take care of that once this post goes up.

Szurumbur posted:

This might be too much work for little reward, but would you be willing to make a video of all of the characters' special moves and Jutsus? Simply [Combo 1, Combo 2,...,Throw, etc.] many of them have been already shown in the videos, but I don't think all, and it'd nice to have a single video like that. Granted, I don't know how much work that would entail. This time I've read through the first two posts and I'm reasonably sure I didn't miss such a video!

Thankfully, someone else has already taken care of it, at least for Jutsus and Ultimate Jutsus! That video should show off all the characters including the Tekken character we talked about once. It shows off all the Awakening animations too, even!

Herr Tog posted:

Hell yes Killer B. Hell yes the game is dooone. I can't add that podcast to itunes. halp

Despite being the world's first anime podcast, we have yet to attempt the iTunes setup. For now it's just mp3s hosted off of archive.org and some sorta janky RSS feed, but sooner or later we should be better set up in terms of hosting and all that.

Drachir D Nalem
Aug 14, 2012
Took a gander at that jutsu/awakening video and who the gently caress is Lars?

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

Drachir D Nalem posted:

Took a gander at that jutsu/awakening video and who the gently caress is Lars?

Lars Alexandersson is a Tekken character. The Naruto author designed an alt costume for him and so he made a special appearance in the game.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

This was pretty fun, ChorpSaway.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I can't wait for your Bleach and One Piece LPs.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

ChorpSaway posted:

Thankfully, someone else has already taken care of it, at least for Jutsus and Ultimate Jutsus! That video should show off all the characters including the Tekken character we talked about once. It shows off all the Awakening animations too, even!

That does help, thanks! Sorry for trying to make you do extra work without searching Youtube first, I don't know why I didn't think of that.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Please let me know when this wonderful horrible thing is on itunes.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
It's really weird that they wouldn't put in the thing about Killer B getting away in the story. I think from what I remember from the abandoned UNS3 LP, Killer B's next appearance is totally out of the blue and he's totally fine. Guess the story didn't want to ruin that "Wow isn't Sasuke cool" ending.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I can't wait for your Bleach and One Piece LPs.

Maybe when they make good Bleach or One Piece games. Fight me. (I've never seen games for either franchise so I dunno)

TwoPair posted:

It's really weird that they wouldn't put in the thing about Killer B getting away in the story. I think from what I remember from the abandoned UNS3 LP, Killer B's next appearance is totally out of the blue and he's totally fine. Guess the story didn't want to ruin that "Wow isn't Sasuke cool" ending.

It really feels like an afterthought where they needed to throw in something extra for doing the sidequests, but then didn't go through the whole scene. I mean Killer B is still rad so it's nice to see more of him but they could've at least showed his escape.

:siren: ANYWAYS NEW THREAD IS UP IF YOU WANT TO SEE ME PLAY A REALLY BAD GAME :siren:
IT'S DRAKE OF THE 99 DRAGONS

A completely unforgivable gaming experience.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

ChorpSaway posted:

Maybe when they make good Bleach or One Piece games. Fight me. (I've never seen games for either franchise so I dunno)

That said, not saying it's particularly good, but it exists.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

ChorpSaway posted:

Can you do an episode about this on the podcast?

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

ChorpSaway posted:

The only good Bleach games in my experience are the DS fighting games. Soul Carnival for the PSP was alright too.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

One Piece Pirate Warriors 2 is one of the best warriors games and managed to be good enough for me to not mind one piece

Herr Tog posted:

Please let me know when this wonderful horrible thing is on itunes.

i sent a submission to itunes to see if it can be put up, i'll keep you updated on whether we get in or not

FutureFriend fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Apr 12, 2015

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Yeah I know there's at least one Dynasty Warriors style One Piece game which looked pretty amazing, though I don't think it ever got an English release.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It did.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Sweet, well in that case there should be at least one decent One Piece game.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

FutureFriend posted:

One Piece Pirate Warriors 2 is one of the best warriors games and managed to be good enough for me not mind one piece

i sent a submission to itunes to see if it can be put up, i'll keep you updated on whether we get in or not

Thank you Future Friend

JackNapier
Jun 20, 2014

Neruz posted:

Sweet, well in that case there should be at least one decent One Piece game.

One Piece Unlimited World is pretty good

Drachir D Nalem
Aug 14, 2012
http://koei.wikia.com/wiki/One_Piece:_Pirate_Warriors_3

Seems like there were two Dynasty Warrior type One Piece games with a third upcoming. Not heard of Unlimited world before, though.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Herr Tog posted:

Thank you Future Friend

aight its up https://itunes.apple.com/podcast/choco-disaster/id984934100?l=en hope ya enjoy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Oh Hell Yes, downloading now!

• Locked thread