Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010

SHOTGUN REGULAR posted:

in a group of 67 covering my entire body from the ankles to the waist under my thermal underwear. none on my dick, had one on my taint that I didn't find until I was having some tent sex later that evening

never plant trees in northern ontario

Im pretty sure you live in a hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

BombiTheZombie posted:

Im pretty sure you live in a hell.

nah I live in one of the top ten cities in the whole world.

yes red lake ontario is hell though.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

SHOTGUN REGULAR posted:

in a group of 67 covering my entire body from the ankles to the waist under my thermal underwear. none on my dick, had one on my taint that I didn't find until I was having some tent sex later that evening

never plant trees in northern ontario

You had 67 ticks attached to you at one time?!

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

redshirt posted:

You had 67 ticks attached to you at one time?!

that wasn't even the record for the season. one guy had literally hundreds on him because his block that day was just tall grass.

other stuff I did while tree planting:

-get my tent mauled by a bear for my marijuana
-fake a sunstroke to get a break for a day
-plant through a lightning storm in knee high water
-have my lunch stolen by a raven
-grow a beard
-throw countless seedlings into ravines so I could get paid for planting them
-quit and go home

The Walrus fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Sep 4, 2014

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
yeah, ballsack here too. It sucked. Was a big motherfucker too. I'd have destroyed it with fire if not for the whole being on my ballsack thing. Instead I had to smother it.

Fun fact if you live in an arid environment you don't have to deal with ticks, mosquitoes, chiggers (gently caress these invisibile little skin burrowing bastards), and a whole bunch of other bullshit unpleasant life forms. It owns.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
burn? smother?

pinch, twist, remove.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010

SHOTGUN REGULAR posted:

that wasn't even the record for the season. one guy had literally hundreds on him because his block that day was just tall grass.

-grow a beard
-quit and go home

sounds like a good time.

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Nathilus posted:

yeah, ballsack here too. It sucked. Was a big motherfucker too. I'd have destroyed it with fire if not for the whole being on my ballsack thing. Instead I had to smother it.

Fun fact if you live in an arid environment you don't have to deal with ticks, mosquitoes, chiggers (gently caress these invisibile little skin burrowing bastards), and a whole bunch of other bullshit unpleasant life forms. It owns.

yeah but theres no water to drink or grow things with

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

SHOTGUN REGULAR posted:

burn? smother?

pinch, twist, remove.

WRONG. This is the fast way to get to infection town. Twisting is a particular no-no, it can cause the mouthparts to get stuck in the wound. Apply a heated spoon or vaseline and the tick will unlock those jaws and is then at your mercy. Or in my case, lack of mercy. No blood for the blood god.

PuTTY riot posted:

yeah but theres no water to drink or grow things with

which is why you drink the nice limestone aquifer dry every summer, and/or steal water from neighboring wetter municipalities. May all good things flow into the city.

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord
same, ballsack. found it after i went to the ocean and my balls were itching. the saltwater had turned my sack into a walnut so that thing was really dug in good.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

SHOTGUN REGULAR posted:

-grow a beard
-quit and go home

I have many questions. I, too, work in tick infested woods all the time, so:

1. How are you not prepared for ticks? How could you allow 67 or a hundred of them attaching to you in a day?

2. Why does northern ontario need trees planted?

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

BombiTheZombie posted:

sounds like a good time.

oh wait I also permanently injured my knee and wrist from thousands of times a day both kicking aside brush and top moss in my fifteen pound steel toes, and from pinging my shovel directly into canadian shield bedrock, respectively.

its good money and there's women and alcohol and campfires and poo poo but I'm not loving kidding when I say it is the worst and most strenuous job in north america. wake up at 6, ride a short bus down a logging road, get deposited by yourself here:

plant 2-4000 seedlings, go a bit crazy from isolation and exertion, get picked up at 7, go back to camp, eat a 3k calorie meal, drink, campfire, sleep. repeat 6 days. one day off.

I'm actually giving myself a mild panic attack recalling this poo poo so vividly. I'd blocked it out for the most part.

oh and I didn't even mention the flies or mosquitoes or the swamps, lol. the number of black spruces I plopped into a 3 inch thick patch of sphagnum floating in a lake is higher than 1, which is sad.

hell.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.
in my wifes vagina. stuck my dick in there and pulled it out with a dozen or so ticks on it

met her on fetlife dont kinkshame

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

redshirt posted:

I have many questions. I, too, work in tick infested woods all the time, so:

1. How are you not prepared for ticks? How could you allow 67 or a hundred of them attaching to you in a day?

2. Why does northern ontario need trees planted?

1. Because you want to make money and stopping every thirty seconds to check for ticks is not feasable. Not sure what you mean by 'prepared'. My standard dress was a pair of underarmour leggings and a tshirt. when there were ticks around (usually tall grass, not woods in my experience), I would tuck the leggings into my socks. didn't seem to stop them.
2. Clear cut logging.

veilo
Jul 17, 2010

Never posts
Tick's are like nature's own "The Happening" - you gently caress with trees, you get hosed up.

Next time you are digging out a tick out of your inflamed pleasure meat imagine there's Marky Mark looking at you with thoughtful alarm.

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

Tuxedo Gin posted:

your moms inner labia

its just a mole idiot everybody keeps saying this. tired of having to defend my mom's vagina mole

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

SHOTGUN REGULAR posted:

1. Because you want to make money and stopping every thirty seconds to check for ticks is not feasable. Not sure what you mean by 'prepared'. My standard dress was a pair of underarmour leggings and a tshirt. when there were ticks around (usually tall grass, not woods in my experience), I would tuck the leggings into my socks. didn't seem to stop them.
2. Clear cut logging.

1. Tuck in everything, friend. Leave no skin exposed.

2. Roger roger. I've been to the tree farms in Maine and I understand.

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
this movie kinda hosed me up about going into the woods for a while when i was a kid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSbk9Vn5eCU

PixieDreamGirl
Apr 29, 2014

2014; The year I whored myself out for title changes.

Yo, I don't care what y'all do,how y'all do or where y'all do it, just keep it gangsta and never pay for an av change, have someone else do it- Ya boy Pixie
I had just woken up in my car seat from a three hour road trip back from my Aunts house where I had been picking daisies all day. My thumb on my dominant was hurting and there was mad pressure on it. I froze staring at my thumb, which was now taken over by tick the size of my thumb. I screamed and reached for handle to roll down the window...with my dominant hand, CRUSHING the abomination with my toddler like grip! Blood oozed from my hand and I instantly began to cry and panic, luckily my mom was there to clean me up with a wet nap and a kiss:clint:

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
On my dick.

And it would've bitten me on the head if it hadn't been for my protective foreskinHAHAHAHAHAHA I STILL HAVE MINE AND I loving LOVE IT NERDS!!!!1!!!1!!

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax
on 53rd and 3rd

PlantRobot
Feb 13, 2010
goatse_zoom_in.gif

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

PlantRobot posted:

goatse_zoom_in.gif

post it you gay coward

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

On the head of my penis after a camping trip. Woke up in the morning and had like 5 in me that the girlfriend had to pull out. After a 2 hour drive home I whipped out my dick to take a piss and I had one buried right in the purple mushroom, it must have been in my clothes or something. I definitely wanted to just scream like a little girl and set myself on fire and end it all. But I took a moment to pull myself together and yank it out with some tweezers. I still get creeped out when I think about it.

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
Got a big one on my scalp once. That hurt to get out.

We were working outdoors all day in the middle of nowhere, so we picked a lot of ticks off each other. Not a lot of tall grass, though, thankfully, so it wasn't crazy. But the ticks out there were "paralysis ticks," known to paralyze or kill cattle and occasionally small children. (It's true what they say. EVERYTHING in Australia wants to hurt or kill you.) One of my coworkers got a dick tick. My boss was really sensitive to ticks and got tick sick. I think she had to actually go into town to a clinic to get something for it.

Ticks I can deal with. Land leeches, on the other hand...

kode54
Nov 26, 2007

aka kuroshi
Fun Shoe
I live in a hellhole, but not that kind of hellhole. So, no, I've never encountered ticks.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Frenulum. Not pleasant.

e: to clarify, mah dick.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

SHOTGUN REGULAR posted:

-grow a beard
-quit and go home

How do i get this job.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
in my armpit while camping

don't recommend it

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb

Nathilus posted:

WRONG. This is the fast way to get to infection town. Twisting is a particular no-no, it can cause the mouthparts to get stuck in the wound. Apply a heated spoon or vaseline and the tick will unlock those jaws and is then at your mercy. Or in my case, lack of mercy. No blood for the blood god.
Double wrong. If you stress the tick out (you know, by burning, smothering or squeezing) first thing it will do is puke its guts out right into your wound.
s
If you did not have lyme disease before, now you have it. Normally it will takes a day or so until an infected tick will actually start infecting you. Stressing it is the best way to shorten your grace period.

Apply the tweezers really close to your skin to get the whole tickhead, and it will come out in one piece without problem.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

my balls when i was 4. dad tried to take a lighter to it to get it out. i had none of that poo poo

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
I once jumped into a pond with some friends and got one on my dick.
Pulled the thing off, blood everywhere, and nearly fainted.
Then we went and saw a dead guy and Kiefer Sutherland was there.
Then we went home.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
Tick on ballsack goon checking in. I tried smothering it but that didn't work so I used tweezers. :shrug:

We have this tool for getting them off the dogs now that looks like a little yellow crowbar.

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP
Ticks are one bane for field archaeologists. Ticks on dick or balls - been there and done that a few times. Deer ticks are in New York and New England are easy to find as a simply stroll through one's own yard.

The real fun was when I worked in the mid-Atlantic area and hit a nest of seed ticks (babby ticks) which are the size of pin heads. I've had many hundreds of them crawling all over my clothes at one time. I've had to through away clothes because there were so many ticks. To get them off your body you can use duct tape or scrape a knife down your arms, legs, etc. To give an idea of how many ticks one can pick up from a nest of seed ticks - I had a co-worker stop counting at 5,000 ticks on him at one time. That happened in the area of Lorton, Virginia - a loving hell hole to work. I had my worst cases in the woods around Dulles Airport.

Worst actually bite - I picked up a deer tick near Stormville, New York - got me next to the belly button. Bastard was only I me for a few hours at best, but the bite site got infected and was oozy with pus. I got some meds from the docs and all is fine. No Lyme disease or worse...and oh yea there's worse tick borne disease than Lyme like Powassan.

Liquid Chicken fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Sep 5, 2014

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Some girl I went to camp with had one inside her navel.

EDIT: ^^Same with her; I don't remember whether they sent her home or what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Oberleutnant posted:

How do i get this job.

If you're serious it's actually very easy to do. Just get a temporary work visa - if you're in good shape and have a good work ethic you can go home with about 8000 bucks in your pocket for two months work.

You'll have a lot of fun and will meet a lot of people and drink more alcohol than you've ever had in your life. You'll also take five years off of your life.

Like all things it has the good and bad, but imo the highs and lows will be higher and lower than anything youv'e done. for every time you hotboxed the school bus with your crew on the way back to camp, blasting old school rap and singing along, there's five times where you looked out at the desolation of a clearcut, futilely swatted away a handful of blackflies, thought about home and cried a little.

I've never done it but from what I've heard planting in BC is a little less stressful - less of a military mindset (hence why I had to fake a sunstroke to get a day's break) and less harsh conditions - you trade bugs swamps and canadian shield for massive mountainsides.

edit: oh one cool thing is that you can eat literally whatever you want as you burn upwards of 5000 calories a day. I'm not kidding - anything. I would go through four chocolate bars a day purely for the glucose energy.

The Walrus fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Sep 5, 2014

• Locked thread