Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wizzle
Jun 7, 2004

Most
Parochial
Poster

:siren:Pics Coming:siren:

So I'm moving in with my girlfriend in 5 weeks. She's letting me remodel her kitchen.

Pics will help a lot but basically I plan to replace all of the appliances, put in granite counter tops and re-do some of the cabinets. I'm also replacing the sink.

So before I get pictures and go over the full plan I'd like to get some suggestions on appliances.

I have room for a 30" range. I'm leaning toward GE Cafe, dual fuel with 2 ovens. The 20k BTU burner really sets this one apart for me. Also replacing the dishwasher and refrigerator and I'm putting in an under-sink filtration system. I've already ordered the filtration system so hopefully it doesn't suck.

Taking suggestions on the rest of the appliance since nothing has been decided. My criteria for the range is 30 inch and at least a single 18k BTU burner. Two ovens would be nice and dual fuel is also nice but neither of those are make-or-break. I'm leaning toward stainless... because less stains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizzle
Jun 7, 2004

Most
Parochial
Poster

OK. Images.

This one doesn't show too much but here the plan is to put in a GE Cafe Range and 'fridge. We also plan to replace the counter tops with granite and put a "lazy susan" in the lower corner on the left.

Another view. The dishwasher is also slated for replacement. I was thinking of getting one of those sinks with no divider that has a slight slope to it. We're keeping the faucet and adding the filtration system.

This one shows the demolition and construction. We want to eliminate where it's circled in red and build a peninsula counter with cabinets where it's drawn in green. Given the width of some of the drawers in the kitchen we want to put some very wide drawers in the new cabinets. I also want to make sure that at least one cabinet is tall enough to hold my stand mixer.

Here's the opposite side of the wall that we want to demolish.

And links.

This is the stove http://products.geappliances.com/ApplProducts/Dispatcher?REQUEST=SpecPage&Sku=CGS990SETSS
This is the fridge http://products.geappliances.com/ApplProducts/Dispatcher?REQUEST=SpecPage&Sku=CWS21SSESS
This is the dishwasher http://products.geappliances.com/ApplProducts/Dispatcher?REQUEST=SpecPage&Sku=PDT760SSFSS

I haven't committed to anything at this point so I'm willing to take any suggestions... especially on the appliance side. But if anyone has done a remodel before I'd love to hear your experiences.

adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer
It's been over 5 weeks. Did you die when you removed the load bearing wall?

Bob_McBob
Mar 24, 2007
Is Bruce still with us? :ohdear:

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

He got radiation poisoning from radon let off by the granite :ohdear:

• Locked thread