Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jeremiah Flintwick
Jan 14, 2010

King of Kings Ozysandwich am I. If any want to know how great I am and where I lie, let him outdo me in my work.

Welcome to the greasatorium, Julian.

e: :goatdrugs:

e2: Maybe I could bring along the head of the board...

...My penis. :smug:

Jeremiah Flintwick fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Mar 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

A great season, probably better than 8 which I felt kind of made Ricky a bit too much of a parody of himself with constant Ricky-isms but they toned it down this time.

I felt bad for Lahey being hosed over by Julian, but jesus, he had it coming. Smurf Lahey was amazing though.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Aurain posted:

I felt bad for Lahey being hosed over by Julian, but jesus, he had it coming. Smurf Lahey was amazing though.

I felt bad for him too :-( Willy is the best new character.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
"Oh waddap Ice Ice Maybe"

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
I'm through 2 episodes.

Ricky and the baby goat is goddamned adorable. :3:

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

echronorian posted:

"Oh waddap Ice Ice Maybe"

that kid killed it on every line

only bitches & pussies brush their teeth more than once a day

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

SalTheBard posted:

What is season 8.5?

Swearnet.com extra poo poo. The context of Col. Dancer is placed in sharper focus and you see how the boys pass time in the pen. It is seriously worth your money. The content overall on swearnet has been getting better and better recently, a lot of the older stuff is rough and oddly wooden but there are some gems. Liquor Stories with Jim Lahey, Playing Space with Bubbles, it's good poo poo.

Egg Moron fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Mar 29, 2015

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
I think I laughed harder at the piss jug catapult than anything ever.
"Its Roman dude"

Excellent season.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I binged through this season yesterday and today and really enjoyed it. Probably the strongest late season. Julian screwing over Lahey was weird, but whatever. I enjoyed the difference in the people who went to jail this season. Laughed at seeing Barbara in there.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

facebook jihad posted:

Julian screwing over Lahey was weird, but whatever..

I think that this is a time when we see how amorally ruthless Julian can be without Ricky and Bubbles to distract and soften him respectively. After Jim betrays The Boys at the end of season 8, effectively stealing the park out from under Jules' nose, both Julian and Ricky pledge oaths to themselves over torrents of swearwords that they will have revenge. in Season 8.5 we see Ricky confront the reality of revenge and its incompatibility with his looming role as extended family patriarch while Julian sees no such resolution. Julian is on the warpath in season 9, lone commando style, diving head first into the greasiest poo poo. In the end, Bubbles' critique of Julian's decision to tacitly allow Ricky to rain piss all over the park is accurate. Julian knows he needs to utterly destroy the New Sunnyvale in order to claim what he always wanted, control of the Old Sunnyvale and he accepts that there will be collateral damage. Julian manipulates Jim in season 9 much the same way Jim manipulated Julian in season 8. I think this is true though; by the time Julian convinces Jim to sign over the park, Jim had already completely destroyed himself.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

put a kettle on posted:

I think that this is a time when we see how amorally ruthless Julian can be without Ricky and Bubbles to distract and soften him respectively. After Jim betrays The Boys at the end of season 8, effectively stealing the park out from under Jules' nose, both Julian and Ricky pledge oaths to themselves over torrents of swearwords that they will have revenge. in Season 8.5 we see Ricky confront the reality of revenge and its incompatibility with his looming role as extended family patriarch while Julian sees no such resolution. Julian is on the warpath in season 9, lone commando style, diving head first into the greasiest poo poo. In the end, Bubbles' critique of Julian's decision to tacitly allow Ricky to rain piss all over the park is accurate. Julian knows he needs to utterly destroy the New Sunnyvale in order to claim what he always wanted, control of the Old Sunnyvale and he accepts that there will be collateral damage. Julian manipulates Jim in season 9 much the same way Jim manipulated Julian in season 8. I think this is true though; by the time Julian convinces Jim to sign over the park, Jim had already completely destroyed himself.

Interesting. I've never thought of it like that. Honestly I barely remember much of Season 8 outside of Donna and the male alter-ego being friends with Randy, and Trin getting pregnant with Jacob. Might need to rewatch a few of those episodes.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

put a kettle on posted:

Agreed.
The scene near the end of S9 with everyone yelling at Jim to get the gently caress out was still a little unsettling.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

put a kettle on posted:

I think that this is a time when we see how amorally ruthless Julian can be without Ricky and Bubbles to distract and soften him respectively.

Hmmm I never thought about it like that. I forgot how badly Julian got screwed by Lahey.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
lol

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Jacob is so loving stupid

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday
Real men don't electrocute other men's cocks when they're taking a piss.

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
next season needs to feature randy dick

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

im gay posted:

next season needs to feature randy dick

its malthusian in scope

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer

put a kettle on posted:

Ricky could pronounce like five of those words.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

SA2K posted:

Jacob is so loving stupid

I actually like Cory and Jacob as a duo better than Cory and Trevor. But maybe it's just because I crack up any time there's a scene where something's going down, and Jacob is gawking wide-eyed at the proceedings. He's just got the funniest goddamn expression. Also, the Dirty Burger shirt (with Randy crossed out) made a return.

And I got a laugh out of the Samsquanch reveal.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

LadyPictureShow posted:

And I got a laugh out of the Samsquanch reveal.

Wow, I feel like such an idiot for not getting this joke. Apparently I need the characters to spell out every joke for me like Bubbles pointing out that Sam is literally a caveman now.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Samsquantch has always had "Sam" right in the name too, but I contend that if you didn't realize it was going to be Sam Tarasco from that very first forest scene where Bubbles noticed his sap was being stolen amidst shed mange & grunting + farting sounds, you haven't been paying enough attention to tpb lore

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Samsquantch has always had "Sam" right in the name too, but I contend that if you didn't realize it was going to be Sam Tarasco from that very first forest scene where Bubbles noticed his sap was being stolen amidst shed mange & grunting + farting sounds, you haven't been paying enough attention to tpb lore

As soon as Ricky stayed talking about how bad Willy smelled I knew where that subplot was headed

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
What happened to Ricky's dad?

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

SA2K posted:

At the beginning of Countdown to Liquor Day, everyone gathers at the dump to commemorate Ray dying in an explosion that happened there. By the end of the movie, Ricky receives a video tape from Ray, revealing that Ray pulled a life insurance scam and is living in Florida.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

put a kettle on posted:

Swearnet.com extra poo poo. The context of Col. Dancer is placed in sharper focus and you see how the boys pass time in the pen. It is seriously worth your money. The content overall on swearnet has been getting better and better recently, a lot of the older stuff is rough and oddly wooden but there are some gems. Liquor Stories with Jim Lahey, Playing Space with Bubbles, it's good poo poo.

Here's a list of the "shows" they have up at swearnet.com:

quote:

Ask Us loving Anything
Contests, News & Announcements
Dicker'd Up with Pug
Drunk and on Drugs
Drunk as gently caress
Extreme loving Weather
Fried on the Ferry
Guitar Lessons With Bubbles
High Fuckers
Kitty of the Week
Liquor Stories
Mailbag
Playing Space With Bubbles
Real loving Reality Show
Ricky Brown's Upliftment Hour
poo poo You Should loving Know
Shows We Can't Afford to Make Yet
SwearNet On the Road
SwearNet Skype
SwearNet: The Movie - Fan Screening Tour
Trailer Park Boys - Ask Me loving Anything
Trailer Park Boys - On the Road with Trailer Park Boys
Trailer Park Boys - Season 8: On Set
Trailer Park Boys - Season 9: On Set
Trailer Park Boys - Trailer Park Boys 7.5
Trailer Park Boys - Trailer Park Boys 8.5
Trailer Park Boys - Updates from Sunnyvale

They have a blog there as well that has a bunch of other content for their fans.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

This season was weird. Aside from the first episode, there wasn't really any confession cam stuff.

JacobinPhoney
Mar 21, 2013

JackBadass posted:

This season was weird. Aside from the first episode, there wasn't really any confession cam stuff.

What about the final 10 minutes of the season finale? And Bubbleses''s in 'Piss'

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

SweetAsselin posted:

What about the final 10 minutes of the season finale? And Bubbleses''s in 'Piss'

Yeah, I mean there were some here and there, but there used to be a lot more in previous seasons. It's not a bad thing or anything, just something I noticed.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

SA2K posted:

Do you mean the character or the actor who played him? The actor's name is Barrie Dunn and Michael Jackson (aka Trevor) wrote a long thing years ago about how big of a douchebag he was. IIRC he was like a producer or showrunner of sorts and did lots of greasy poo poo like not paying actors he didn't particularity like more than scale, including Corey and Trevor. Michael Jackson had a huge list of complaints about the show and Barrie Dunn was somehow involved in nearly all of them. Basically, gently caress Ricky's dad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

frenton posted:

Do you mean the character or the actor who played him? The actor's name is Barrie Dunn and Michael Jackson (aka Trevor) wrote a long thing years ago about how big of a douchebag he was. IIRC he was like a producer or showrunner of sorts and did lots of greasy poo poo like not paying actors he didn't particularity like more than scale, including Corey and Trevor. Michael Jackson had a huge list of complaints about the show and Barrie Dunn was somehow involved in nearly all of them. Basically, gently caress Ricky's dad.

Fuckin' way she goes, bub.

• Locked thread