Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5VyY2dTuMA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i used to work w/ a brother/sister named halen and jovi.

dont remember much about jovi but halen was fired for selling weed/pills at work.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
What's wrong with Neo and Trinity?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

redshirt posted:

What's wrong with Neo and Trinity?

if youre going to name your kid after the matrix it better be agent smith

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Millions of Crows posted:

What about Steerpike, Blackadder, Baldrick, Lister* or Belvedere? Oh poo poo, Relic! Muldoon!
Those are just male names.
I'm sitting on a goldmine.

*Can't name a kid Rimmer, maybe kryten.

Lister and Rimmer are LAST names anyway.
Lister is David Lister. Rimmer is Arnold Judas Rimmer.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Johnny Aztec posted:

Lister and Rimmer are LAST names anyway.
Lister is David Lister. Rimmer is Arnold Judas Rimmer.

haha yeah right, who'd ever name a kid "david" or "arnold"
where did you get these they're hilarious

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Tokaii posted:

Best name ever now playing for Greenbay

Ha Ha Clinton-Dix

I think Tokaii wins this thread.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ha_Ha_Clinton-Dix

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

shiksa posted:

i used to work w/ a brother/sister named halen and jovi.

dont remember much about jovi but halen was fired for selling weed/pills at work.

i'll make an exception to halen and jovi, i bet they are p cool dudes and their parents were legit probably just too stoned to remember to come up with a names for each of their children before they came out into this world.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

i thought halen was a girl name? like an actual one not some rock guys last name

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

i knew a kid growing up named "ory". he said his parents took the name from some movie. my guess is that it was actually a nickname for "orin" and they just dgaf

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
What was that pigs name? The pig with the dwarf that Tryion nailed?

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Grey Worm would be a good name

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
my initials irl spell out FAG and when i was like 14 i was complaining to my parents about how hosed up that is and how everybody makes fun of me in school and my mom smirks and goes "were we wrong?"

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
who gives a gently caress. unless they name their kid something like 'wyndstar', 'firebreathingdragonmonster william george', or 'eugene' then i don't see the problem :shrug:

ps: i'm GAY

[gary alex yu]

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think Khaleesi is kinda a pretty name anyway welp cya

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
You can give girls weirdo names but it is important to give a boy a nondescript name so he doesn't get his rear end kicked every day

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

redshirt posted:

What was that pigs name? The pig with the dwarf that Tryion nailed?

Pretty Pig, as I recall

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Mnemosyne posted:

Pretty Pig, as I recall

This is correct. And the dog was Crunch.

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
im gonna come out of the closet and admit that i don't think north west is a terrible name

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

you irl posted:

im gonna come out of the closet and admit that i don't think north west is a terrible name

In 20 years she's gonna have great marketing synergy when she introduces her fragrance north by northwest kanye is futureproofing his baby's brand

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

"Mackenzie" as a girls name is loving terrible

i knew a mackenzie who was ludicrously hot and that's the only association i have with the name, so even while i kind of see where you're coming from at a logical level the rest of me is like "uhh, nope"

now imagine this same process applied to far worse names, because it will happen

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.
Shitmouth

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

The name of a character appraised by Arya to be significantly less brutal than his comrades, to be fair to Shitmouth.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Khaleesi isn't that bad. I was at a renaissance fair and a kid ran past me then I heard his dad yelling "Anakin! Get back here!".

I would name my kid C3PO before I named him Anakin.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

When she's in grade 2 teacher gonna call her Khaleesi W. so she doesn't get confused with Khaleesi R. and Khaleesi S. and little Sansa gonna be all smug

This is literally what's going to be the case in 9 classrooms out of 10 in a decade.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Apoplexy posted:

This is literally what's going to be the case in 9 classrooms out of 10 in a decade.

I was watching a play put on by my cousins 3rd grade class. There were 3 Bellas and 2 Edwards, including my cousin's daughter. I mean her husband is Italian-american, but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Khaleesi isn't that bad. I was at a renaissance fair and a kid ran past me then I heard his dad yelling "Anakin! Get back here!".

I don't know, at least Anakin is an actual name. (Granted it's a last name that Lucas bastardized from the name of one of his friends, but still.)

"Khaleesi" is like naming your kid "Darth" or "Moff" or something.

• Locked thread