Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyst
Aug 25, 2009

The only 1000 post threads that aren't worth viewing are the anime threads because anime sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

I made up a bunch of stories about my dad in the sardine thread and it became a huge meme, everyone talking about their dads and even feeding sardines to their kids

naem
May 29, 2011

After a while I felt so commited that I now really like Sardines and eat them all the time

naem
May 29, 2011

The fact is my dad was an advertising copyrighter and he did viral meme ad copy in magazines and for commercials and I pictured a dad bonding with his son about sardines and wrote ad copy for it and them started believing it

Everyone started imitating me and I couldn't beileive it

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

yo are you drunk

12gaugelobotomy
Apr 25, 2012

Korthal posted:

Do you guys think I have hours to catch up on everything that goes on in those threads? I can't just understand what's such a draw to some of those threads that keeps them going. And I can't just stroll on in and be all like "oh what's this thread about", then I'd get shunned by the entire forum to dare to not read the thread to find out.

I'm looking at a thread right now that shows 400,000+ new posts and debating if I should X it or see if it can make it to 1 million.. and then press the little X guy.

e. 473424 to be exact

naem
May 29, 2011

Rad Tad posted:

yo are you drunk

Stone sober. I did just eat some 'dines though. Their little spines stick to my teeth

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

naem posted:

Stone sober. I did just eat some 'dines though. Their little spines stick to my teeth

Naw man, you talkin' about yo' father , you drunk.

Edit:VVVV Wise words.

Hobohemian fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Sep 8, 2014

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
sometimes i click but dont read and just post

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
yep, op. yop

naem
May 29, 2011

It's fun to be on the ground floor and check back a couple times a day in a thread that gets big, you feel like a part of something. Make a couple quips, get empty quoted,

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

same

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Sometimes it's nice to have a project thread where you get like 2-3 pages a day and after like three loving months you catch up

Then you kill yourself

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

naem posted:

It's fun to be on the ground floor and check back a couple times a day in a thread that gets big, you feel like a part of something. Make a couple quips, get empty quoted,

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

naem posted:

The fact is my dad was an advertising copyrighter and he did viral meme ad copy in magazines and for commercials and I pictured a dad bonding with his son about sardines and wrote ad copy for it and them started believing it

Yeah but like I actually did bond with my stepdad (rip) over hot sardines

Ps he's not actually dead

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
Helping this thread meet its max potential

:gas:

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
i can relate to the premise of this thread but have little to add

naem
May 29, 2011

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Yeah but like I actually did bond with my stepdad (rip) over hot sardines

Ps he's not actually dead

Mine really is dead :(

Egoist
Aug 19, 2010

Love myself today
Let you go today
Lipstick Apathy
pro tip the warhams thread is actually cool if you're a huge piece of poo poo nerd who loves skull jokes

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

October Revolution posted:

pro tip the warhams thread is actually cool if you're a huge piece of poo poo nerd who loves skull jokes

Not anymore :rip:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

naem posted:

Same.

Except replace sardines with lobsters.

yoyodyne
May 7, 2007
im gay

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

i am making a post withot reading as ingle post in thsi thread

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Broenheim posted:

Not anymore :rip:

what happened to the ham thread?

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

gonna be hosed up when this thread hits the big 1k

kode54
Nov 26, 2007

aka kuroshi
Fun Shoe
I have several thousand plus post behind topics in my bookmarks list. The only one I bothered to resume was the yospos catte thread, and I wanted to post something, so I skipped the six month backlog that I missed.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Don't those huge threads hurt the forums delicate software somehow. 450,000 posts holy gently caress

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

PUT THIS WANKSTAIN ON IGNORE

the culminator posted:

I really wanted to read that f-35 thread but its like a million pages so I just read the first three and the last 3. Whish I could read it all but its a lot

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
yeah i have.

OSHA is definitely worth the read though.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

Benedick Cuckold posted:

i can relate to the premise of this thread but have little to add

same

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Tautologicus posted:

Don't those huge threads hurt the forums delicate software somehow. 450,000 posts holy gently caress

They used to, that's why they would make new mega threads, but then the forums got upgraded specifically to appease those neckbeards so they can make their 4 digit page threads all day long.

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」

vyst posted:

The only 1000 post threads that aren't worth viewing are the anime threads because anime sucks.

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

Place : Detroit
Date : 4031 A.D.

Gaunab posted:

Yeah. Don't know what's happening in the auspol. Don't know what's happening in the celebrity nude thread.

All the celebs are nude so the magic is gone. RIP hollywood.

naem
May 29, 2011

I made really funny lists in the f-35 thread and then it vanished and was replaced by a new thread I wasnt in!!

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
the chat threads are great because they're the exact kind of poo poo you'd see on some forum that didn't cost $10 to loving register for

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Sometimes it's nice to have a project thread where you get like 2-3 pages a day and after like three loving months you catch up

Then you kill yourself

Doing this with the OSHA thread. That's a fun one.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Is nite crew a small pocket dimension of byob or fyad or a third alien race

• Locked thread