Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I watch while getting intoxicated?

Also Gypsum whatever happened with that ghost crew thing?

E
I'm thinking of making a drinking game out of it for every time they use a certain term or object. Or every time they try and explain the object to the viewers to make it seem believable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Space ghost.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Jst0rm posted:

Space ghost.

I don't think hes a real ghost.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
stay safe space ghost

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I liked the one where the fat dork blatantly threw his own bag in his face on camera when claiming to be attacked.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Wicker Man posted:

I liked the one where the fat dork blatantly threw his own bag in his face on camera when claiming to be attacked.

Which one was this? It sounds pretty bad should do the trick.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Al Borland posted:

Which one was this? It sounds pretty bad should do the trick.

I'm all but certain it was Ghost Hunters. Some old hospital episode while walking in the dark with night vision being shown on him.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Wicker Man posted:

I'm all but certain it was Ghost Hunters. Some old hospital episode while walking in the dark with night vision being shown on him.

god drat that sounds like every one of those shows lol.

Why do ghosts always appear in the dark and at night? Are they afraid of lightbulbs?

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Al Borland posted:

god drat that sounds like every one of those shows lol.

Why do ghosts always appear in the dark and at night? Are they afraid of lightbulbs?

im gonna kill myself and find out.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

im gonna kill myself and find out.

Awesome.

I said gently caress it and watched some father ted instead. Was a good choice.

MOOBS!
Dec 10, 2013

ghosts are proven to be bullshit but sasquatch may exist so you should watch white people running in the woods instead

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Al Borland posted:

I don't think hes a real ghost.

hes fully a ghost. and macho man was his dad and that dudes ghost as gently caress. cmon

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I got killed by the ghost thread

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

Watch Haunted Collector. It's about haunted objects and not houses so this guy brings his family to someone's house, waves his hands around, and robs someone of an antique.

Cuniculous
Apr 23, 2007

kill people burn shit fuck school
Take a shot every time someone gasps and screams over seeing a dust mote

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Rad Tad posted:

Watch Haunted Collector. It's about haunted objects and not houses so this guy brings his family to someone's house, waves his hands around, and robs someone of an antique.

holy poo poo that sounds amazing. That's like star citizen level scamming right there.

Cuniculous posted:

Take a shot every time someone gasps and screams over seeing a dust mote

EXCUSE ME WE CALL THEM ORBS.

Double drink if they call it an orb.

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
i used to like drinking and watching Million Dollar Listing (real estate sales) and Millionaire Matchmaker (dating services), both on Bravo. I tried watching them now that I'm sober, but it just wasn't the same :(

edit: oh - i didn't see that you specifically request a "ghost show"

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
paranormal state all the way

alternatively, make your own. go to a haunted place and take ghost pictures

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

Al Borland posted:

holy poo poo that sounds amazing. That's like star citizen level scamming right there.

yesss, it is amazing. Also if that gets boring just watch reenactments on old rear end episodes of Unsolved Mysteries.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Wicker Man posted:

Yeah, that was definitely Ghost Hunters. It was the exact moment SyFy was tired of the guys taking the show seriously and telling folks "No, you're not haunted, you just have a noisy furnace, dumbass." The guy who did it was part of the filming crew, and "accidentally" ended up on camera at the time. The show really jumps the shark once they bring in this made-up device that lights up supposedly when ghosts are near, and gets used like a makeshift Ouija board. Suddenly every place they go to becomes super-filled with activity.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Paranormal Home Inspectors.
first there's a proper home inspector who tells everyone what the actually reasons for the bullshit is, then everyone says "nah" and brings in the crazy ladies.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
the parody episodes of supernatural.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Attitude Indicator posted:

Paranormal Home Inspectors.
first there's a proper home inspector who tells everyone what the actually reasons for the bullshit is, then everyone says "nah" and brings in the crazy ladies.

oh my god that sounds fantastic.

E:
Do they bring in wiccans with dowsing rods? That's always the funniest big fat ladies with metal sticks that tell them where ghosts are.

Rad Tad posted:

yesss, it is amazing. Also if that gets boring just watch reenactments on old rear end episodes of Unsolved Mysteries.

this mother fucker just made off with an antique gun (which he probably buried under the house in the first place cau.
se it was really shallow like maybe a foot down in dirt. Also its the first episode.

Then he steals a fancy type writer from 1904 from a loving library.

Holy poo poo I love how they show him like kind of sneakily running out quickly with it after they give him the "okay" to take it to his ghost museum.

I mean poo poo he gave them no time to think about it haha. They didn't freak out about the dust though I'll give them that. I think the fucker is more interested in casing places looking for things of value to actually look for ghosts.

Claven666 posted:

paranormal state all the way

alternatively, make your own. go to a haunted place and take ghost pictures

I live in a former brothel. I figure if one place in chicago would be haunted its a place full of whores who probably were murdered. Haven't seen a single ghost. :smith:

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Al Borland posted:

oh my god that sounds fantastic.

the best part is that every episode ends with Case Closed written on the screen.

"you've got a hole in the wall to they back alley here, that's why it smells like poo poo"
"no, no. there's an evil spirit here who keeps farting and has been doing so since 1912. he was murdered by a different ghost. i can sense it in my brain"
CASE CLOSED

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

you have to take photos before the ghosts show up. in fact you should do this now, go around and take photos of the dark corners of your house.

dont ask me how i know about this... i... just don't ask...

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

Ghost Adventures is also just solid great ghost busting because the crew is supposed to be young and hip and the host is a cross between a fan of Criss Angel and Blink 182

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

lonesomedwarf posted:

you have to take photos before the ghosts show up. in fact you should do this now, go around and take photos of the dark corners of your house.

dont ask me how i know about this... i... just don't ask...

I will take ghost photos this weekend for you. Most of them will probably be me sitting there doing goatse nudes though.

Attitude Indicator posted:

the best part is that every episode ends with Case Closed written on the screen.

"you've got a hole in the wall to they back alley here, that's why it smells like poo poo"
"no, no. there's an evil spirit here who keeps farting and has been doing so since 1912. he was murdered by a different ghost. i can sense it in my brain"
CASE CLOSED

holy poo poo.

So like is the show posted as serious ghost solving? OR is the contractor the straight man and the others are the comedic relief and they want to show how dumb these ghost people are.

Rad Tad posted:

Ghost Adventures is also just solid great ghost busting because the crew is supposed to be young and hip and the host is a cross between a fan of Criss Angel and Blink 182

I have seen these guys. They are 100% that description to the letter.

E:

Also paranormal state sounds like someones really bad fan fiction.

e2:
drat paranormal home inspectors appears to be elusive. Cant find it anywhere yet besides going to certain places to download it.

I will find it though IMDB gives it a whopping 1 star and a half.

E3:

I want to be a haunted dildo collector.

E4:
holy poo poo he just stole this grieving woman's family heirloom.

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Sep 8, 2014

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Choco1980 posted:

Yeah, that was definitely Ghost Hunters. It was the exact moment SyFy was tired of the guys taking the show seriously and telling folks "No, you're not haunted, you just have a noisy furnace, dumbass." The guy who did it was part of the filming crew, and "accidentally" ended up on camera at the time. The show really jumps the shark once they bring in this made-up device that lights up supposedly when ghosts are near, and gets used like a makeshift Ouija board. Suddenly every place they go to becomes super-filled with activity.

I actually thought it was a tolerable show originally, because they were debunking everything. Like that was the whole point.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Al Borland posted:

holy poo poo.

So like is the show posted as serious ghost solving? OR is the contractor the straight man and the others are the comedic relief and they want to show how dumb these ghost people are.

i think it's supposed to be a serious, we believe in ghosts, thing. but the whole show is so loving inept on every level it's hard to tell.
I'm pretty sure I watched it on netflix US.

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

Rad Tad posted:

Seconding this. I watched it when I had bronchitis and there was nothing on. In my delirious brain it really seemed like they found ghosts. I watch it every week now because it's entertaining enough when you don't want to use your brain. I'm probably dumb but some of the episodes are genuinely creepy.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Para "Norm"al Activia

spacemountain
Apr 10, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8H_v8cM9CQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Jst0rm posted:

Space ghost.