Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Kwyndig posted:

No that was the other guy that got hit twice. Caviziel was only hit once. He did get basically and I think actually tortured during filming though.

How the gently caress do you actually get hit by lightning and not loving die? :psyduck:

In other news, I tracked down and watched Outlander the other night. That movie was dumb as gently caress but also a thoroughly enjoyable (if you like dumb cheese) retelling of the grendel story. Ron Perlman with dual hammers popping heads like grapes was great. :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

WarLocke posted:

How the gently caress do you actually get hit by lightning and not loving die? :psyduck:

It happens more than you think.

My father got struck by lightning once when he was holding on to metal bars at a zoo, the lightning went through the bars, he was fine.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
The clearly didn't get struck by lightning. The bars did. :colbert:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

WarLocke posted:

In other news, I tracked down and watched Outlander the other night. That movie was dumb as gently caress but also a thoroughly enjoyable (if you like dumb cheese) retelling of the grendel story. Ron Perlman with dual hammers popping heads like grapes was great. :haw:

The mechanics of lightning strikes are more than a little crazy, and whether you survive has a lot to do with a bunch of different factors varying from where you're standing to how much body fat you have to even what you're wearing. For one thing lightning doesn't actually want to pass through humans, we're poor conductors.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

SpookyLizard posted:

The clearly didn't get struck by lightning. The bars did. :colbert:

True, though I'm sure there's plenty of cases where it was direct.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Longbaugh01 posted:

True, though I'm sure there's plenty of cases where it was direct.

Most famously, The Human Lightning Rod, as recognized by Guinness.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Hello It has been almost one year since poi s4 ended

Our evil corporate overlords at cbs have seen fit to grant us 30 seconds of hype: http://tvline.com/2016/04/19/person-of-interest-season-5-trailer-final-cbs-shaw/

On a related note. I have the OP for S5 written up but VDay has started a new job so if anybody has good gif-making in them, please hit me up here or in pms. I'm looking for a similar layout of complex gifs for the main characters(I can detail what I'm looking for in pm) and more simple gifs for the rest of the roster, all taken from s4 much like the ones for this thread were all from s3. Thanks in advance to whoever might be interested.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Also some minor spoilers in that article about what the first few episodes are about, but who cares! POI is back!

Man I am trying to get through S4 again before S5 starts.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*Warning* Hard spoilers in that article.*Warning*

The video is fine, but don't scroll down.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

we have a Season 5 cover:

Fusco's face has been consumed by photoshop.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
Have an extended trailer, friends:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/04/21/person-of-interest-season-5-extended-trailer-previews-the-final-chapter

(Probably spoiler-loaded, click at your own risk)

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

xeria posted:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/04/21/person-of-interest-season-5-extended-trailer-previews-the-final-chapter

That smirk on Root's face when she's leaning out of the sunroof with some that giant gun :allears:

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

xeria posted:

gently caress YEAAAAAAAAAH BOIIII

everyone being shot is a clear misdirect

omg root and shaw oh my *faints*

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Fusco saying Fustercluck :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

ITS TIME TO GET HYPE WITH A FINAL SEASON THREAD.

• Locked thread