Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kalli posted:

Because it's such a great idea to hire a guy to run a scheme not suited for your best, face of the loving franchise, player.

Well when he is the only guy willing to work for you, you take what you can get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Kalli posted:

I love the idea that Jay Gruden's offense will run better with Kirk Cousins.

Because it's such a great idea to hire a guy to run a scheme not suited for your best, face of the loving franchise, player.
Come on, now. Look how well Mike Vick worked out when Jim Mora forced the West Coast offense on him!

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton

Sorry if I don't believe an opinion piece written by Mike Wise.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Volkerball posted:

Yeah, I have no idea. I don't hold it against Gruden that he sees Cousins as a better fit for the offense he's trying to run, but why on earth would you hire someone who isn't jumping at the chance to work with RG3? And from Gruden's standpoint, why would you refuse to adapt to the players you have? It seems like they're determined to try and jam a square peg into a round hole.

Because you want to be a ~coaching genius~

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

A SOURCE YOU SAY?!

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
http://www.sbnation.com/2014/9/15/6154763/fan-press-conference-giants-fan-thinking-after-week-2 this is me irl

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

I've been defending Eli so much over the last 2 weeks I don't know which way is up anymore.

Strasburgs UCL
Jul 28, 2009

Hang in there little buddy

commy gun posted:

A SOURCE YOU SAY?!

Oh hahaha I didn't realize that was from a "Washington Post source". They don't have any sources.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

N: Raiders officially sign Vincent Brown

V: :geno:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ostentatious posted:

N: Raiders officially sign Vincent Brown

V: :geno:

I am so loving mad

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

I am so loving mad

His two best career games were against the Raiders.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The Raiders have two of my favorite Aztec players ever and it's infuriating

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

JoeCL posted:

Oh hahaha I didn't realize that was from a "Washington Post source". They don't have any sources.

It's loving Mike Wise, everything he writes is click bait

Yeah Cousins is more comfortable as a pocket passer but realistically he's not as talented as RG3. It's not surprising that he would pick up a scheme better suited to pocket passers faster than RG3 but seriously who thinks Cousins is as talented or has the upside of RG3? Maybe RG3 flames out cuz he can't stay healthy or he can't comfortably adapt to be more of a pocket passer, but I'm pretty sure Gruden would rather Griffin pick up the offense and learn to run it effectively than to lean on Cousins and hope he can outperform his talent

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

at least they both suck

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Maybe if your favorite Aztec players were any good, they wouldn't have to play for the Raiders

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

What about Escobar?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Was it already known that AP beat up 2 kids, or is this new?

http://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-star-adrian-peterson-accused-in-another-abuse-incident-2014-9

quote:

This son is from a different mother, reports KHOU. The incident is said to have happened in June. The station says that the boy was visiting Peterson in Texas when the football star texted his mother with a picture of the son with injuries to his head and bandages. They also report that other photos are said to have been taken weeks later showing a scar.

KHOU reports that they were able to get information about the texts sent from Peterson to the mother. Here's what they note on the site:

Mother: "What happened to his head?"

Peterson: "Hit his head on the Carseat."

Mother: "How does that happen, he got a whoopin in the car."

Peterson: "Yep."

Mother: "Why?"

Peterson: "I felt so bad. But he did it his self."

Mughe
Mar 17, 2007

I'll tolerate you until I can replace you.
It's in the AP thread. A different article states that the kid suffered the scar not from AP, but from the car seat (while receiving the whoopin').

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

LmaoTheKid posted:

I've been defending Eli so much over the last 2 weeks I don't know which way is up anymore.

He did play quite well on Sunday, except for that one pick. He was like 14/16 at one point. Unfortunately Cruz and Randle dropped 5 passes and the special teams took a big runny dump

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

blue squares posted:

What about Escobar?

I like Escobar a lot but Brown and Burris are my #2 and #3 guys after Ronnie Hillman.

Who's a loving Bronco.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

RASHIBA WALLACE posted:

He did play quite well on Sunday, except for that one pick. He was like 14/16 at one point. Unfortunately Cruz and Randle dropped 5 passes and the special teams took a big runny dump

Yep. Then I see Jernigan is hurt and got real sad because I loving hate Randle and want J to take his place.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Mughe posted:

It's in the AP thread. A different article states that the kid suffered the scar not from AP, but from the car seat (while receiving the whoopin').

Oh hey, I didn't realize it was open.

Andio
May 10, 2004

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind
Withering my intuition leaving opportunities behind
Jeff Tedford is still not cleared to return full time. It could result in our QB coach calling plays for the third week running.

This is the reaction of Jeff Tedford when the QB coach called a run play on 3rd and 7 from the Rams 9 yard line:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Andio posted:

Jeff Tedford is still not cleared to return full time. It could result in our QB coach calling plays for the third week running.

This is the reaction of Jeff Tedford when the QB coach called a run play on 3rd and 7 from the Rams 9 yard line:

Tedford finds out his career has been tethered to a McCown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Good week 2 everybody!

• Locked thread