Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord
Happy 10th Anniversaryyyyyyy :waycool: woooooo :nyan:
Congrats, Shmorky!

I do remember the first Flash Tub like it was yesterday (meaning, I am old). I was a huge Newgrounds fan, so I was happy to see more cartoons on SA. When I finally bought a forums account, I did it partly because I loved Flash Tub and felt it was time to finally give SA :10bux: in exchange for my laffs.

Who would have thought 10 years ago that mobile devices would show up and make Flash obsolete, and that Steve Jobs would personally try to eliminate it? But it's all good since most Flash Tubs are MP4s and not SWFs. (Which kinda sucks since SWF render in super sharp 2D polygons and are artifact free in HD, but whatever.)

I actually have made some crappy flash cartoons on Newgrounds and I have some experience with using Flash. That's how I know that the stuff Shmorky does is really quite hard. Even trying to come up with ideas is hard, let alone his fantastic animation. He hardly ever uses motion tweens. You have never used Flash, you don't understand how amazing that is :stare:

So here's a PYF Flash Tub thread just for the poo poo of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I watch all of the Flash Tubs and they make me happy :toot:

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Ema Nymton posted:

I actually have made some crappy flash cartoons on Newgrounds and I have some experience with using Flash. That's how I know that the stuff Shmorky does is really quite hard. Even trying to come up with ideas is hard, let alone his fantastic animation. He hardly ever uses motion tweens. You have never used Flash, you don't understand how amazing that is :stare:

I like the Wacky Housemates series he did which is such a dead-on parody of crappy newgrounds schlock from 1999 to whenever that one was made. One of the characters had individually animated limbs that moved with motion tweens and you'd only really find that funny if you ever tried doing anything with flash

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

That's a lotta animations. Thanks for all the fun stuff to watch, Shmorky! You're really cool, and so are all the other folks involved in your animations!

Mush Man
Jun 25, 2010

Nintendo announces Frolf means Frog Golf.
Oven Wrangler
Uh, yeah, I have a question. Is Dracula still coming?

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I still can't believe that Cobra Commander lost to John Kerry.

Throwdini
Aug 2, 2006
Here's to another ten years and maybe eventually learning how to tell a story, in cartoon form

naem
May 29, 2011

Flash tub is my favorite.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

There was a time when Flash Tub was a solid third of what cool short-film stuff there was to see being regularly released online. Back in MY day we had Shmorky, The Brothers Chaps and Dan Harmon AND THEY WAS PLENTY ENOUGH FOR US YOU DANG KIDS.

Flash Tub Forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
I have fond memories of the Kansas City Worldskippers, and RON PAUL

• Locked thread