Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maestro81
Sep 4, 2014
September 9th 2014 8:00 am

Another long night unloading trucks at S-Mart. Seems like every day we get slammed more. I skipped my first break because the truck was late. Went to lunch late to get everything into the fridge, and the milk delivery showed up in the middle of all this chaos. So while I'm already an hour behind schedule the milk guy and the warehouse manager are trying to kill each other. Took a half lunch and skipped my last break to get everything done in time so I could leave at 7 am.

Anyway the purpose of this journal isn't solely for me to bitch about work. My therapist said I would be a good way to keep track of my moods and record my thoughts, whatever the hell good that's going to do me. But, I agreed to try it. So...

First thing I like to do when I get home is grab some coffee and catch up on the news. There some bad crap happening in Africa. U.S. troops are still having issues in the Middle East. I've seen this weird story pop up a few times. Something weird going on in Alaska. A research team disappeared. The governments been sending in search parties. Seems like a story I'd see for like two seconds in the afternoon but they've been reporting on it all week. Weird.

Anyway, time to grab some shut eye. I have to leave here at 9 in the evening to get back to the store. I'll have time for another entry. Later.
SC

September 9th 6:44 pm

Good sleep. My hands hurt from the extra work last night, but no big deal. As usual the media shifted around on that news story I was interested in. Now that team was part of a research site in Northern Alaska that they've lost contact with. Apparently they're sending in units of the national guard to assist local authorities. Why so much interest in freaking Alaska? You'd think they would just send a rescue team or something. I hope my unit doesn't get called up because of all this poo poo, I was going to go fishing this weekend.

I got a call from Rose. My wife and daughter are doing well. I'm currently separated from her, but we're talking about getting back together. I have a job now and have cleaned up my act. Everything else in my life's been going better, so why not this.

I'm going to grab some food before my next shift. Later.
SC

September 10th 9:48 am

Well that was a hell of a night, on all fronts. Some food was left out at work, and they decided to blame me. I got verbal counseling, and then my boss told me how great I was and enquired about promotion. Working in that drat place gives me a headache.

I overheard a customer talking about the situation in Alaska, and then I caught it on the news this morning. Now some of the national guardsmen sent to investigate the area around the research site have disappeared. Along with the research team they're now trying to find twenty people, another fifty staff members from the actual research station.

Well that's all I can think of for now. Later.
SC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread