Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wolvorine
Nov 15, 2011

I am not drawing that.
I have to say, having just watched the episode... Edge did a great job of acting like Gloria in Dwight's body, lots of little mannerisms thrown in. I'm impressed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

Wolvorine posted:

I have to say, having just watched the episode... Edge did a great job of acting like Gloria in Dwight's body, lots of little mannerisms thrown in. I'm impressed.

Loved it when he grabbed his crotch when they first switched.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

SpannerX posted:

Loved it when he grabbed his crotch when they first switched.

That's the first thing anyone would do, both sexes.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

This 6pm pm on Friday is bullshit :mad:

New Episode

The Old Switcheroo Part II

Conclusion. As Mara capitalizes on the fallout from the latest trouble to strike Haven, Nathan and Duke are forced to take a desperate and dangerous gamble to get Audrey back before she's lost forever.

klf11
Aug 17, 2014
Great ep, that ending, holyshit, didnt expect that

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Yeah, so why did Audrey pop out and not any of her other personalities? I'm sure they'll tell us.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
I'm guessing because Duke was focusing on her specifically. Would be hilarious though if there are like 20 of them around Haven now.

Also interesting that the Colorado Kid is somewhat important again. I thought that plot line had been shuffled aside and considered wrapped up.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

GreenNight posted:

Yeah, so why did Audrey pop out and not any of her other personalities? I'm sure they'll tell us.

As I recall, the normal "Mara-cycle" was "Audrey" comes to Haven, spends a year or so helping the Troubled and then disappears into the Barn for 27 years. Presumably the Barn erases the previous lives and personalities and then writes new ones. Thus, Sarah becomes Lucy becomes Audrey, etc. However, because Nathan damaged/destroyed the Barn and Agent Howard, the rewrite never occurred, so the Audrey personality wasn't destroy when Mara rose, but just submerged and intact. When Duke did his thing, it released Audrey, body and soul.

Now we get a dozen fanfics about Nathan, Audrey, Duke and Mara double-dating. And not a few other about Audrey and Mara getting frisky as well.

Woden
May 6, 2006

johntfs posted:

Presumably the Barn erases the previous lives and personalities and then writes new ones.

"Why do I always go for the shy ones". There's definitely some cross over between the personalities and hopefully they cover it.

The sheriffs sister died off screen after her power activated but I thought only the eldest living family member had a trouble at any one time? I'd guess it's foreshadowing something that Eureka dude is up too off screen but Dukes brother also go activated somehow that I forgot so maybe not?

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Is Haven fanfic really a thing?

I don't know why I bother asking. Of course Haven fanfic is a thing.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Woden posted:

"Why do I always go for the shy ones". There's definitely some cross over between the personalities and hopefully they cover it.

The sheriffs sister died off screen after her power activated but I thought only the eldest living family member had a trouble at any one time? I'd guess it's foreshadowing something that Eureka dude is up too off screen but Dukes brother also go activated somehow that I forgot so maybe not?

I don't remember anything about eldest members being the only active ones. It might be because I've forgotten it. However, Dwight's daughter had his trouble along with him when it led to her death.

William was thrown into the thinny dimension at the end of last season. I doubt he's doing anything. I think Dwight's sister dying because of her trouble is foreshadowing a grieving, desperate, now runs the Guard Dwight taking unwise actions to try to end the Troubles (and likely Mara) once and for all.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Last season had a whole plot about a dad choosing to die because his child had gotten their family's trouble. There's no eldest ones only rule. And yeah that was (I think) a William kickstarted one I also recall them saying that the trouble was only started too early and that all the men in the family had it. I seem to remember other ones where siblings had them in the past and they weren't always the eldest ones.

X-O fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Oct 21, 2014

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Don't think too hard about the "rules" of the Troubles, or you'll start wondering what happens when members of two different Troubled families have kids together, or why specific Troubles are still only affixed to people with the same family name more than 10 generations after they started. Didn't they have daughters that married into other names?

I can't wait to see where they take the show based on the end of the last episode. Mara is way more interesting than Audrey.

Woden
May 6, 2006
Dunno where I got the eldest thing from, been binging through this and was drunk for some episodes so I'll put it down to that. Think it was the two sisters that could raise the dead ep.

Almost gave up on this show early on as it was too formulaic and didn't really care about the characters, but when that dude died of boneitis in ep 7 or so I was hooked. The Clue murder mystery one was so good too and was where it really seemed to turn around.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

klf11
Aug 17, 2014
just saw this posted, http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/10/haven-season-5-wwe-superstar-christian.html

quote:

NEW YORK– October 24, 2014 – Jay Reso, also known as WWE Superstar Christian, will reunite with his lifelong friend and former tag team partner Adam Copeland, aka WWE Hall of Famer Edge, for a recurring guest arc on Syfy’s fan-favorite series, Haven, which airs Fridays at 7 p.m. ET/PT. Reso will appear in an all-new episode airing November 28, and will reprise the role for two additional episodes airing later in 2015.

Life imitates art with Reso portraying McHugh, one of Dwight’s (Copeland) oldest and closest friends. McHugh is smart, with ice water for blood, hammers for fists and a dogged sense of loyalty. McHugh and Dwight served as Army Rangers together, as well as members of The Guard. But McHugh left this life for a simpler one, determined to remain out of the line of fire. Dwight knows he could use the help of his fierce friend, but respects McHugh’s desire to live under the radar.

When Dwight finds himself in a romantic conundrum in the episode “Chemistry,” McHugh is the first one Dwight turns to. McHugh counsels Dwight through the challenge, while also considering joining forces with his old friend to once again defend the town of Haven, Maine.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

New Episode

Nowhere Man

A paranormal trouble strikes just as the guys bring the Mara threat under control.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

New Episode

Exposure

Audrey is forced to call in some outside help to cope with the harsh new reality that she is no longer immune to the troubles and Nathan may be lost forever.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Well if nobody else is posting in the thread I will, just to say that I watch this show and like it a lot. Too bad there wasn't much Dwight the last two episodes.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
I just realized that Lara Jean Chorostecki was in this week's episode. Awesome

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

So next week they're going to try a quarantine in Maine? :laugh: That'll go well.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

New Episode

Morbidty

A mysterious illness strikes Audrey and dozens of Haven citizens; at the same time, a dangerous newcomer comes close to discovering the town's secrets.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

This was one of my favorite episodes in a long time. Enjoyed seeing Nina from Alphas. Also liked them bringing back Brody. His charm trouble is the best. Also I've said it before but Edge continues to surprise me on this show. I really enjoy him as an actor.

X-O fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Nov 8, 2014

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'd have him on the short list for Shazam! He's got got comedic chosp and he's a beefcake. Plus lets face it, you need a wrestler up against The Rock.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'm loving this extended season if only for all these multi-part episodes. It's really letting the stories breathe a lot.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Yeah, the show has really been clicking for me lately. Mara has been an amazing addition.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

New Episode

Mortality

The gang are unsure how to handle an inquisitive CDC scientist, who could hold the key to curing their troubles, that is, if she doesn't expose their secrets to the rest of the world first.

klf11
Aug 17, 2014
Great episode, nice twist at the end!

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

New Episode

Reflections

Duke's roiling troubles and a new threat to Audrey leave the pair with no alternative but to turn to potentially dangerous allies for help.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Holy poo poo, what?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/william-shatner-books-arc-syfys-751147

quote:

The Star Trek legend has booked a four-episode arc on Syfy's Haven, the NBCUniversal-owned network announced Friday.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
The Duke/Mara romance/partnership/con game is way more interesting to me than Audrey/Nathan.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

New Episode

Chemistry

Divided loyalties put the gang at odds; and a terrifying revelation changes everything.

Woden
May 6, 2006

johntfs posted:

The Duke/Mara romance/partnership/con game is way more interesting to me than Audrey/Nathan.

Well that didn't last long, only 5 episodes to go so glad to see the pace picking up again.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

The look on Dwight's face when the Doctor said she was Audrey's mother was the best. :stare:

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

New Episode

Chosen

The revelation of Mara's endgame spurs Audrey and Nathan to pursue a plan to stop her once and for all.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Preppy bitch likes Kalua.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Welp, that's it until 2015. Sweet ending though.

• Locked thread