Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i think i'm going to expand my petition that if you do not Do Labor you should not be allowed to vote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
i would be a professional sex-haver and i would love it, but i would also be ignorant of the world of programming

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

i'm not a programmer and a woman does touch me so theory confirmed

same

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The Leck posted:

they live in canada. no, you can't talk to them on the phone.

throughout all of grad school i was for real in a long distance relationship with the girl i left back home in canada and i only saw her in person at christmas, spring break and over the summer so i don't think anyone in my lab ever met her. i had pictures but you know, photoshop. i wonder if they thought i was just making her up

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
I want to be a farmer but not like the hardworking, get up at 5am and slop the chickens kind, I want to be the kind of farmer that pays some other slob to do that poo poo while I sleep in until 10, then drink beer and write my memoirs and pinch the maid.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

but u cant be moo cow for obv reasons

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

i'd probably just sit on my front porch all day shooting cans and napping

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!
i have no other job worthy skills, op

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i'd be a mechanic, or a carpenter, or a crazy hermit

e: well i'm not really a programmer as it is so i guess i'd be a college professor

Wolfman Nards
Apr 5, 2011

who the gently caress wants to sit at a desk all day? gently caress programming

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

I hate sitting at a desk all day but I really enjoy cashing the checks

.lnk to the past
May 3, 2005

psoting while drunk

bump_fn posted:

« YOSPOS › if i were not a programmer, a _woman_might_touch_ me

pretty sure it's not being a programmer that stops them

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006

Wolfman Nards posted:

who the gently caress wants to sit at a desk all day? gently caress programming

i wonder if someone had said that to me 5 years ago i would have listened

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
id be a pastry chef
okay im not a programmer but still i really wish i were

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010
I think i would have been a graphic designer or lick jony ive's shoes as an industrial dseigner. It probabyl would have been much harder than what I do now.

also i stand at my desk
when i'm not on the couch or in a conf room

raruler
Oct 5, 2003

“Here lies a toppled god —
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.”

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

id be a pastry chef
okay im not a programmer but still i really wish i were

pâtissier

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010
scratch that, i want to profesionally review anime and games

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

i would be a professional sex-haver and i would love it, but i would also be ignorant of the world of programming

so the exact opposite of being a programmer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Sagebrush posted:

throughout all of grad school i was for real in a long distance relationship with the girl i left back home in canada and i only saw her in person at christmas, spring break and over the summer so i don't think anyone in my lab ever met her. i had pictures but you know, photoshop. i wonder if they thought i was just making her up
i was the nerd in high school who really did have a girlfriend who went to another school. i don't think there was too much doubt of her existence, but it did make me laugh whenever i saw nerds on tv saying that.

• Locked thread