Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

So how do I start a custom game? The "find games" tab says that I should "mouse over icons for descriptions and double click to start a game", but here's what my FAF launcher looks like:

And from googling around it looks like there should be icons for SC/SCFA and any TCs I have installed to the left, and a list of games to the right. How do I fix this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I haven't seen that before.

Some times the server wigs out and you don't see any games listed, but create custom game is normally there.

Try on their official forums, but I can only think that some how the game isn't tied to the FAF client.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

ToxicFrog posted:

So how do I start a custom game? The "find games" tab says that I should "mouse over icons for descriptions and double click to start a game", but here's what my FAF launcher looks like:

And from googling around it looks like there should be icons for SC/SCFA and any TCs I have installed to the left, and a list of games to the right. How do I fix this?

Maybe you pointed it at the wrong folder and it can't find your install? Try looking at what directory it's pointing at in the options.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

DatonKallandor posted:

Maybe you pointed it at the wrong folder and it can't find your install? Try looking at what directory it's pointing at in the options.

Directory was fine. :iiam:

In the end, completely nuking its settings and cache and reconfiguring it from scratch fixed things, but by the time I figured that out the baby had woken up and it was too late for gaming.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Are we still playing this? I finally got tired of ArcheAge being poo poo.

Edit: I'll be hanging out in the clan lobby all day today (from now till whenever) to lose badly at video games.

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

I'll give you a definite maybe.

Rhjamiz posted:

Are we still playing this? I finally got tired of ArcheAge being poo poo.

Edit: I'll be hanging out in the clan lobby all day today (from now till whenever) to lose badly at video games.

I'm sucked up in all the other game releases of late (plus puppy acquisition!), but once I'm through my log jam I plan to return.

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009
Game owns hardcore, I've been playing since the game first came out and I'm still dreadful, FAF has really changed the game up for the better since GPG shutdown and stopped releasing balance fixes.

Considering the game is 6-7 years old, it still looks amazing. Those of you playing, grab the rk_explosions mod from the vault, it's a explosion-graphics overhaul made by RK4000, one of the better-known players in FAF and it is just fantastic, makes unit death a lot prettier and unique, plus I think they are more efficient than the default ones. Most amazing thing is that RK4000 is still in highschool and is already more accomplished than I am :smith:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

We should get a bunch together and play sometime, maybe this weekend.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Yeah, I'll install the game on my new PC for some games Sunday. After playing lots of SupCom 2 I think it's a much more fun game, but FA is more rewarding and interesting. Plus, you get Experimentals much faster and the research system is simpler in a good way.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
everyone who has applied has been accepted unless you joined a different group

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Actually, I can't make Sunday, maybe next week.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I am down for a weekend thing. Or whenever, really, until the 14th.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I'm down for some FA right about now if we can get 4ish people rounded up for some team games or FFA.

Gay Hitler
Dec 11, 2006

I'm gay as heil!

just got this

had only played supreme commander 2, like this way better

ive been doing 4vs4 skirmishes with ai, but all of a sudden the teams i set them to arent working. i set 4 on each team 1 and team 2, but when I enter the game, diplomacy shows everyone is my enemy and I dont share anyones los

any ideas? reinstall?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009

Gay Hitler posted:

just got this

had only played supreme commander 2, like this way better

ive been doing 4vs4 skirmishes with ai, but all of a sudden the teams i set them to arent working. i set 4 on each team 1 and team 2, but when I enter the game, diplomacy shows everyone is my enemy and I dont share anyones los

any ideas? reinstall?

did you set teams as locked? if they aren't, the AI can decide to leave the alliance.

• Locked thread