Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

but did you get bread?

why you throw chip?

that's all i remember from the olden days. what else was there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

ACES! Another lovely thread! :cawg:

Nameless_Steve posted:

poo poo, let's bring back "vapid oval office".
this is very problematic. check your temporal privilege

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Tuxedo Gin posted:

but did you get bread?

why you throw chip?

that's all i remember from the olden days. what else was there?

'Hay Guys, what's going on in this thread?'

Redleg
Jul 7, 2003

What an odd looking.....Figurine
bbab today, bbab tomorrow, bbab forever

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

a nigga fart in he own mouth, a shameful nigga

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Penis in ear = dance all night

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

im pooping! posted:

a nigga fart in he own mouth, a shameful nigga

this is actually true, though

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

http://dagobah.biz/flash/bigpeeler.swf

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
this thread is like being made to sniff old poeple poo

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
Remember Awful Fantasy? game was so full of 2000-2003 catch phrases

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
gently caress the dwarf.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

hey guys do you have any stairs in your house huehue

like you need a catchphrase to identify a fat smelly goon

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

Junk posted:

Remember Awful Fantasy? game was so full of 2000-2003 catch phrases
I tried to watch a let's play of that once and it was just embarrassing.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
how many people used to be browsing gbs back in th day because now its around 700... i think it used to be more

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Inevitable posted:

Scorpion

Scorpion is a white trash graphic design hack who defrauds his clients by exaggerating his hours.

He admitted to it in a FYAD thread recently and forums poster Rorschach left a message on the machine of a potential client of his telling him that he's a known liar and cheat. Rorschach also gave them the names of two more talented graphic designers that would do the work for far less than Scorpion was charging.

He hasn't posted in the thread since and has frantically edited out all his posts admitting that he defrauds his clients.

Posted by Scorpion on February 24, 2005

In actuality Scorpion makes around $40,000 a year and lives semi-comfortably in the Orange County area. He does not scam his clients. It is assumed that the white trash rumor came from the nature of the photo he posted of himself – which in actuality was taken in Canada, not in his sunny Southern California home of Irvine.

The FYAD thread posts made by Scorpion were made to excite FYAD fourm posters. Scorpion enters gimmick-mode once in thread.

Outside of FYAD he regularly posts in Games, GBS, SH&SC, and D&D

Posted by geombear on August 16, 2005

he also talks in the third person for some strange reason

and flames like hocus

Posted by Clem Laffopolis P.I on February 3, 2006

As of Feburary 3 2006 he is still a fag.

Posted by Scorpion on March 10, 2006

Scorpion has always been straight, and since FYAD is so interested in his earnings, they will be glad to know that as of March 21st, 2006, he will be earning $64,300 a year.

Posted by pantsfish on March 11, 2006

The humanitarian that he is, Scorpion has decided to donate almost all of his annual $64,300 to a local fat camp. He was quoted to say "it obviously didn't work for me, so I'm giving them the facilities to do a better job."

Along with a small stipend in McDonald's gift cards, his only other request for the donation was unlimited access to the camp's computer lab, where he can aggressively defend his Internet reputation when not designing ugly fliers for the local chili cookoff.

Posted by Prodigal Sun on April 13, 2006

Scorpion is an internationally renowned longstanding FYAD poster whose occupation pays well over $100,000 a year (excluding benefits) and consists of checking the SAclopedia nightly for any updates to his own personal SAclopedia entry and concocting witty rebuttals. If at any given time Scorpion is found to not be actively monitoring his SAclopedia entry, please report the information to radium so that he may take advantage of the extra available bandwidth.

Posted by LambChowder on April 17, 2006

Ugly yet narcissist, 20 something, bitterly insecure, die hard conservative who prides himself on a pseudo-career he only has through the grace of his father.

Posted by Scorpion on April 17, 2006

FYAD doesn't know that most of what I post in FYAD is complete and utter bullshit.

Posted by CaptainWinky on April 17, 2006

Scorpion doesn't know that he is an epic human being regardless of which forum he has decided to pollute on any particular day.

Posted by pantsfish on April 21, 2006

Scorpion doesn't know the meaning of the word "backpedaling" because "pedaling" infers a bike might be involved and the only bikes Scorpion likes are the ones that use the chain to fire a mechanism that fires cupcakes into his neckbeard for later consumption

Posted by rigamarock on April 21, 2006

FYAD knows that most of what Scorpion posts in any forum is complete and utter bullshit.

Posted by maxnmona on April 25, 2006

I don't know anything about Scorpion but this is clearly the place to be in the SAclopedia.

Posted by Yzzerdd on April 28, 2006

Scorpion was featured in this edition of Daily Dirt http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=3747

Posted by Scorpion on May 4, 2006

I am a millionare and gently caress supermodels

Posted by Scorpion on May 4, 2006

My posts in this entry were made solely to prevent the libel of the previous entries. I can make an accuate entry if that is needed.

Posted by Grinded-Nig on May 5, 2006

Scorpion supports the euthenization of homosexuals as well as the handicapped. Also he likes boys.

Posted by McPaine on May 5, 2006

I will attempt to remain completely unbiased in this entry, despite any personal feelings I may have towards Scorpion.

Most of the up-to-date information regarding Scorpion can be found in this thread:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...40&pagenumber=1

The thread was started when Scorpion posted an E/N thread in FYAD detailing an encounter he had with a young woman. He commented on how he had conversed with a woman who had made overtures towards him, but he had failed to get her phone number to continue to get to know her.

What followed was a common reaction whenever Scorpion chooses to post in FYAD, filled with off-the-cuff insults and inquiries into his sexual orientation. Scorpion proceeded to put on a visage of nonchalance in regards to the flaming, continuing with his long-held tradition of claiming any posts he makes in FYAD are solely an attempt to rile up the posters there.

As information was dredged up from Scorpion's past* and the flames became more and more derisive, Scorpion changed his tactics from appearing apathetic to outright retreat. He proceeded to edit all of his posts to "waffles!", despite the fact that he is quoted within 3 lines of every one of his postings by another forum member, rendering any attempt at censorship moot. There was also a link posted to his personal journal (http://proteus8898.livejournal.com) that was taken down by Scorpion soon after the link was posted.

This was interspersed with his various postings in the space above, which he also appears to be distancing himself from. All of the editing and subsequent posts under his SAlopedia entries are a direct result of his fear that Pantsfish would follow through with his threat to report him for abusing SAclopedia. Scorpion failed to realize that the poster in question has no ability to flag posts at all, adding to the overall spectacle of the meltdown.

*This information includes his quote that homosexual babies, like fetuses with Down Syndrome and other genetic disorders, should be allowed to be aborted before birth as genetic profiling becomes more exact and prevalent. It also includes the oft posted picture of a moderately overweight individual (http://i.somethingawful.com/mjolnir...h~Scorpion2.jpg) that is commonly help to be Scorpion, and information regarding less than ethical practices involving his business.

Posted by Marxux on May 5, 2006

Here's a nice little quote from Scorpion that sums him up as a person:

I'll say this: If I was bullied like that, and had access to the guns I have here now, I would loving blow thier heads off. Of course, I would be smart and use my M4 Suppressed with a scope and do it from about a mile away.

I was bullied, but durring that time I grew 7 inches and gained 50lbs. The next time I was bullied, I threw a guy into a river (it was a slow-moving one). No one messed with me ever again.

Posted by Scorpion on May 13, 2006

I can confirm that my posts and comments in FYAD are in no way indicative of my behavior or beliefs in the rest of the forums or in real life.

Posted by Indian War Chief on June 6, 2006

As of this writing, Scorpion has posted six updates to the SAclopedia entry about himself.

Posted by Casao on June 25, 2006

A thread was posted in GBS asking the question "At what point does a poster become truly hated?", and used Scorpion as the main example.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...hreadid=1926824

--

Scorpion was also featured in the anti-SA webcomic, Rape in the 21st Century - http://awfulsomething.blogspot.com/...s-scorpion.html

Posted by P-Funk on March 8, 2007

Changed his name and avatar out of shame. Now known as Gaius Baltar.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/me...fo&userid=13770

Posted by Gaius Baltar on March 29, 2007

Yeah, because changing my name and avatar completely masks my identity! Nevermind that friend lists, ignore lists, and previous posts are updated with the new name. If I wanted to hide I'd create a new account.

Posted by Bier Beware on April 16, 2007

Was the inspiration for the hilarious character of "Fat Bastard" in Mike Meyer's hysterical "Austin Powers" movies.

Posted by Sewer Adventure on March 30, 2008

Also published a hilarious "portfolio" which later turned out to be mostly Office clip art [1]
[1] http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...hreadid=2811146

Posted by Prodigal Sun on March 31, 2008

Wes Butan has since changed his moniker from the enigmatically magnanimous "Gaius Baltar" back to the tragically quagmired "Scorpion." Whether he did this as an act of backpedal panic shortly after it was made common knowledge via the SAclopedia is anyone's guess, although the answer is yes.

Posted by Scorpion on November 23, 2008

Myth: As a Graphic Designer, Scorpion overcharged clients for services.

Truth: I charged for services based on the budget and locale of my clients. During the real-estate boom, I charged agents and mortgage brokers more, and those just starting a business less. Most of the clients were in Newport Beach and Irvine, CA, the going rate for designers in the area at the time of all of FYAD’s internet detective work (2002) was around $100-$150 per hour.

-----------------------------

Myth: As a Graphic Designer, Scorpion used free clipart when designing.

Truth: From 2001-2002 I utilized a several sets of clip art books. This was my first Graphic Design job that wasn’t strictly boring web stuff (Intel). It was a copy shop and I worked in the back office doing design and running a HP2800. I was paid $13 per hour, and was supplied these books to show customers. At times I would recolor or modify the artwork. Never were the customers unaware that this was pre-made art. I did not care much for this job but it was the only design work I was doing, so in the 2002 Portfolio (the one leaked on Something Awful), there were a few items that indeed contained clipart and college work.

Myth: The leaked portfolio and photo of Scorpion is recent and indicative of his current abilities/attitudes.

Truth: The leaked portfolio (the one with the blue background, clipart, school work, ‘guru’) is from 2002 and not representative of my previous design work in 2008.

Myth: Scorpion seriously tried to convince people he makes six figures per year.

Truth: If I made 6 figures I certainly wouldn’t be driving a 350Z and living in a 1-bedroom apartment. I made this assertion in FYAD to rile up trolls, which was amusing at the time.

Myth: Scorpion once pushed a bully into a creek when in 6th grade.

Truth: Yes, I described this creek as a ‘slow moving river’. I had a fight with a kid while in middle school. Hilarious.

Posted by Scorpion on November 23, 2008

I don't care at all if FYAD makes fun of my 2002 portfolio or other threads, but when they start trolling in serious threads in other forums it's pretty pathetic.

Posted by RBC on March 5, 2009

SCORPION WINS
FATALITY

Where be the milk up this piece, son?

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

I am Toni Lippi posted:

gently caress the dwarf.

my one regret in life is that i did not (and now likely will never) gently caress the dwarf

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Liface

Posted by Og Oggilby on April 8, 2007

After generally annoying the mods/admin, starting on April 1, 2007, all of Liface's posts on the forum are editable by all members. This has followed to much humorous tampering of his posts, especially in BYOB. However, almost a dozen users have autobanned themselves by changing his threads' tags to those only for mods (like HOT, BANME, and ATTENTION). Things that are bannable/probationable are still off-limits and can result in discipline against those who edit, rather than Liface.

lol this needs to come back

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

The Hissing Butt posted:

lol this needs to come back

Og Oggilby's Og Ouse

also yeah that'd be awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahuum Aqoha
Jan 15, 2004

SHEPARD!
Do it for the universe!
Fun Shoe
http://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=1747
http://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=1746
http://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=1745

Three separate entries for one old GBS thread about a jerk who almost burned his neighborhood down trying to get revenge on a cable TV thief.

• Locked thread