Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

Game_Whino posted:

Crusts are easy once you get to working with yeast. All you need to do is, on your day off, make and pre-bake (cook until solid, as opposed to done) a bunch of pizza crusts. Freeze the ones you're not going to use right away.

My recipe:

3.5 cups flour
1.5 cups warmish water
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon yeast
2 teaspoons salt (I prefer kosher salt, but I think regular will work)
1 cup cornmeal

Mix your water and sugar together, then proof your yeast in it until it starts to bubble a little. Then in a separate mixing bowl mix your flour, salt, and a quarter cup of cornmeal. Form the flour concoction into a volcano like shape. Pour your yeast into the center of the flour-cano. Next you fold your flour over the liquid until its thoroughly mixed together. If its still to wet at the end, just add a quarter cup of flour at a time until its the consistency you want. Set the other three-fourths cup of cornmeal off to the side, cover your dough and place it in the fridge overnight. Punch your dough down slightly and divide it into 2 balls.

The next day, sprinkle the remaining corn meal on a clean work surface, flop a dough ball on it and work it into a pizza crust. Check that the bottom of the crust is well coated with corn meal. From here you can either make your pizza and transfer it to oven (425F until the cheese on top is golden brown, about 15 minutes) or you can precook your crusts (425 for around 7 minutes, until the top solid but still white) and freeze them for later use.

Edit: I've also got a sauce recipe if anyone is interested.

Yeah, like who's doin' that?

Microwave some hot pockets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

OctoberBlues posted:

Hey, I get that joke you just made.

what joke

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
make some chili in a crock pot toss it in a bread boule and bam you got chili pizza.

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

Let's drink until we can't feel anymore!

redshirt posted:

Yeah, like who's doin' that?

Microwave some hot pockets.

I do that. I like to have a pizza night for my kids once a week and this is the cheapest way to go about it. Besides, hot pockets and most ordered pizzas taste like hot crap.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Game_Whino posted:

I do that. I like to have a pizza night for my kids once a week and this is the cheapest way to go about it. Besides, hot pockets and most ordered pizzas taste like hot crap.

I don't know man.

"Flour". Scary stuff.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Has anyone here ever had a tuna pizza? I am thinking of experimenting with a frozen cheese pizza and adding some drained canned tuna on top with a couple minutes of cooking time left. If that is decent then I will go more professional the next time. I think the world is ready for tuna pizza.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

OctoberBlues posted:

Has anyone here ever had a tuna pizza? I am thinking of experimenting with a frozen cheese pizza and adding some drained canned tuna on top with a couple minutes of cooking time left. If that is decent then I will go more professional the next time. I think the world is ready for tuna pizza.

Why not? Just make sure it's well drained and dry as gently caress before putting it on the pizza.

I'd cook it the whole pizza cooking time too.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
why not just use anchovies.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 252 days!)

take my hand

right off to tuna- tuna land

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I get pizza from a pretty good locally run joint because I'm a massive yuppie fuckwit who has too many monies.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
i like red baron supreme pizzas i might get one tonight nom nom nom nom nom nom

Drad_Bert
Jun 26, 2013

by Smythe
shove it up your rear end. I can eat for a month straight for less than 20 bucks

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
homemade pizza puffs also relly good

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
making pizza dough and in fact your own pizza is really easy you guys

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I could go for a tostino's pizza right about now

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
You went wrong because you got Tony's, op.
Get some real loving pizza.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Frostwerks posted:

homemade pizza puffs also relly good

its hilarious that in chicago nearly every take out place has pizza puffs

sandwich shop? pizza puff
middle eastern? pizza puff
burgers? pizza puff
i wouldnt be surprised to find a chinese place with god drat pizza puffs.

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
how prevalent are pizza buffets, cuz there was a decent one in phoenix/mesa(?) or something when i'd was down there.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

why eat pizza when you can have a hot pocket

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012
1. tombstone
2. freschetta
3. red baron
4. digiorno
5. tony's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU