Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Keith Stack posted:

You are going to become that one old parent/relative who is afraid to do new things and becomes a major inconvenience to everyone around you because you insist on doing everything the old fashioned way.

yeah but at least he won't be homeless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Keith Stack posted:

You are going to become that one old parent/relative who is afraid to do new things and becomes a major inconvenience to everyone around you because you insist on doing everything the old fashioned way.
My computer cost more than your car you prole

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

if you post on anything other than a desktop w/ keyboard and mouse you're dead to me.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i ahve a desktop setup command center w/ three monitors each displaying gbs, lowtaxs twitter feed and the secret mod forum respectively

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

nice

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

THS posted:

b/c i like to easily access all my local pics and links and tabs and upload photos and copy paste stuff and quote a lot of stuff and do weird poo poo

all of which is possible on a phone but takes like 5x longer

yes this is true but Im always posting between bites of food and sets of lifts and when using the bathroom

Wertjoe
May 10, 2007

Why don't you just change your phone browser to desktop mode?

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!

ITT scrubs don't know how to install apps

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

i use the awful app on my phone while in the car because driving with a laptop up would be irresponsible

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Tweet Me Balls posted:

i use the awful app on my phone while in the car because driving with a laptop up would be irresponsible

Uhh the police do it all the time so it's obviously not

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Prettz posted:

Maybe if you guys weren't homeless and poor as poo poo you could look at websites on a... oh I don't know... computer?

hahahaha

ok grandpa

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
gj lowtax

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
loving lol

I thought they hosed up the awful app or something, but apparently people view the site on their browser on their phones? wtf??

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Yeah Awful App is pretty great, I can browse the forums while I lay in bed and I don't have to get my lazy rear end up to go turn on the computer. It's awesome.

Plus I can browse at work without having to remember my password or log into their computers, and they can't see the forums in the history.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
lmao @ you if you're not using an app to read SA. There's two of them alone on Android and at least one on iOS i'm pretty sure.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Didn't anyone tell Lowtax about the Awful app? should've saved him all that work

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Why would you use this?

lol

lol?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

lmao @ you if you're not using an app to read SA. There's two of them alone on Android and at least one on iOS i'm pretty sure.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

King Vidiot posted:

Yeah Awful App is pretty great, I can browse the forums while I lay in bed and I don't have to get my lazy rear end up to go turn on the computer. It's awesome.

Plus I can browse at work without having to remember my password or log into their computers, and they can't see the forums in the history.

Also handy for the occasional goatse thread.

And for shitposting while pooping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
I mean it's cool that they want to add features to the forums and stuff but really, these days a dedicated app usually blows away a mobile layout. I think Lowtax said the reason why they didn't go with an "official" app is because he couldn't guarantee that it would be maintained properly.

• Locked thread