Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
they should legally require cell phones can only make and receive phone calls and only if the phone isn't moving, they could cut traffic accidents way down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

texaholic posted:

As for all the fanboy fapping, grow up guys, you might as well be arguing Coke v Pepsi.

Coke v. Pepsi is a good example of a laughable argument; only an idiot would like Pepsi better.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Applewhite posted:

Coke v. Pepsi is a good example of a laughable argument; only an idiot would like Pepsi better.

do what i did for science mix coke and pepsi together and make your brain confused.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
i phones are pretty good i guess.....good at doing everything an android phone can do except flash and have anormal charger port BWHAHA :twister:

Foogs
Nov 26, 2005

TOILETLORD posted:

you just buy one nice set of clothes and don't get fat.

How dare you tell me what to do. I paid the initial one time startup fee of 10 dollars, plus the one time setup fee for forum search AND I pay 80 dollars a month on this forum just like you do. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdUHDDj7fhk&t=101s Grow up.

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012
when ya think about it, crushing debt is really not that big of a deal. creditors conned society into thinking it was to scare them into quick repayment. if it's manageable, good to pay it off. if it isn't, run it high as you can and file bankruptcy. you won't be able to buy a new car or a good house ever, but you wouldn't be able to anyway if you were paying off unmanageable debt. and if you have debt that you can't discharge (student loans, child support, back taxes), well, they can only garnish a reasonable percentage of your wages anyway.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
I know some idiot who just paid $900 for a new iphone out of pocket. just because it was a new iphone. it was even a fuckin pre order and has no idea when he'll get it

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
my last phone cost me 0 dollars.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Has anybody seen my phone? I thought I left it on the toilet...

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012

TOILETLORD posted:

my last phone cost me 0 dollars.

look at this daddie's boy! did u get a phone for your birthday, big boy?!

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

You don't write any postcards when you're on the road to self-discovery

texaholic posted:

Awful waste of money. Why do ppl these days always feel the need to get the latest iStuff? There is barely any difference between the very first iPhone and the latest model. A touch screen phone with internet... WOW!

You shouldn't be able to complain about the economy or your own personal financial situation if you blow your money on trivial Apple crap.

Many American have a steak taste on a hamburger budget . That's part of the problem we now face from a long time ago. Barrow to the max and then whine about now having enough money . Nice house , car or truck and boat. Can you afford them or does it really matter at this period of time?

I'm just gonna make smart decisions with my money so I don't end up with an empty bank account:

1) Paying off my debts as they come to me. Never holding a credit card balance longer than a month. If this means living in a small studio apartment and eating ramen, rice, and beans, so be it.

2) I will always buy small, fuel efficient and durable cars. I drive a 2006 Honda Civic now. It costs me nothing to fill up and next to nothing to insure ($25/month from Insurance Panda… woohoo!). I will not drive when I don’t need to, and use public transportation whenever possible.

3) Developing multiple revenue streams. Doing side jobs. Building up small businesses. Doing contract work. Basically doing whatever I can to generate income from multiple sources.

4) Grow my revenue and assets no matter what. Make sure I am always expanding and develop them to the point that they consistently generate reliable cash flow.

5) The most important one - make as much as I can. Save as much as I can.

iPhones... ecigarettes... Starbucks... Chipotle Burritos...new clothes.. organic lipgloss... expensive yoga classes. Why not try living in your means for once? No wonder we have a debt crisis.

is this weak poo poo maddox

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

jarjarbinksfan621 posted:

look at this daddie's boy! did u get a phone for your birthday, big boy?!

free upgrade, on a old rear end plan that gives me 100 minutes a month for like 6 dollars.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Fuckin poor people complaining about how poor they are but over 90% of them own a refrigerator what kind of bullshit is that

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Educate yourselves, poors:

http://www.atlassociety.org/poverty-capitalism-and-class

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

Fuckin poor people complaining about how poor they are but over 90% of them own a refrigerator what kind of bullshit is that

that stat is not even true. think about all the poors who are renting their refrigerators (apartment and townhouse fridges).

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Guancho posted:

is this weak poo poo maddox

no looking into getting a new phone and was reading about the iphone on some tech sites, someone posted that in the comments section and I thought it would make a GBS post.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

texaholic posted:

no looking into getting a new phone and was reading about the iphone on some tech sites, someone posted that in the comments section and I thought it would make a GBS post.

you ruined my immersion

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

texaholic posted:

Lol, this same argument rages every year, and it just keeps getting more insane. "Grr..Apple R bestest cuz look how many buy even when it not out" "Argh...Apple morons stupit cuz Apple stupit and lines are stupit" and other such rot. Look, I don't quite understand why anyone waits in any of these day one release lines for anything. I don't get it for video games, phones, music cds(people still buys those right?) or any other thing people line up more than an hour in advance of. Heck, I don't understand people who wait more than a hour for an amusement park ride.

Simple answers are simple, Apple only releases once a year, and if you want the new Apple whatever on the first day that badly then I guess you'll wait. As for the actual line waiting you're daft. I mean hey, if having the new iPhone on day one is that important to you be my guest, but I'd have to question your priorities. Not because it's an iPhone, but because it's just another smartphone.

As for all the fanboy fapping, grow up guys, you might as well be arguing Coke v Pepsi. Apple guys want Apple, Android guys want Android and the guys on the fence won't change their minds based off of your infantile drivel.

This is really funny if you read it in Hank Hill's voice.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
(I work in the call center for a national fast food restaurant. We don’t accept ideas about new or modified products from guests, and we especially don’t pay for them. Any time a guest starts to give a suggestion, we have to read them a legal statement to that effect.)

Caller: “I wanted to tell you that I love your turkey burgers, but I really think you should start serving them on gluten-free—”

Me: *interrupting* “Ma’am, I’m sorry, but I do have something I need to read you real quickly.”

(I then read the legal statement stating that we can’t accept her idea, and won’t pay for it.)

Caller: *long pause* “Well, I don’t know what that means, but it doesn’t sound very nice, so I’m going to hang up on you.”

(And she did!)

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
voted 1 on this copy pasta OP

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
voted 3 tbh

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
Some Walt flannigan bullshit is what this is.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

Applewhite posted:

gloves are comin off

Janderbuilt
Mar 7, 2008

WoOt
Is "I don't even own a cell phone" the new "I don't even own a tv" ?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
this thread

it's poo poo

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Janderbuilt posted:

Is "I don't even own a cell phone" the new "I don't even own a tv" ?

no it is the new "i dont even have sex"

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

1gnoirents posted:

I know some idiot who just paid $900 for a new iphone out of pocket. just because it was a new iphone. it was even a fuckin pre order and has no idea when he'll get it

I nearly paid $500 out of pocket for a Motorola RAZR.

Think about that for a second.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I had to discreetly comfort one of my students today. They happened to see the story and a picture of the shirt in question while they were checking their phone before class. They started to hyperventilate and shake, and I had to take them into a quiet and empty area to see if they were OK. This student, who I will not name for obvious reasons, has PTSD and had been triggered by the image.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Copley Depot posted:

I had to discreetly comfort one of my students today. They happened to see the story and a picture of the shirt in question while they were checking their phone before class. They started to hyperventilate and shake, and I had to take them into a quiet and empty area to see if they were OK. This student, who I will not name for obvious reasons, has PTSD and had been triggered by the image.

naem
May 29, 2011

I knew lots of people who ran out and bought cars they couldn't afford, like BMW etc, when I went to grad school for half the cost.

Their cars are aging now and aren't the latest model, and they are cursing life as I cruuuuuuise around town, holding my two diplomas over my head in a feable attempt to stday dry

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
sounds like you sure love capitalism

ill let you do all the work and live off your dime, thanks

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
debt is good.

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

You can save money on gas by borrowing someone elses credit card and using that in the pump instead

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I wanna party with the op, sounds like a blast

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsAVIpTwAP4

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
your old av was better

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
replying and voting 1 using awful app itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

jarjarbinksfan621 posted:

when ya think about it, crushing debt is really not that big of a deal. creditors conned society into thinking it was to scare them into quick repayment. if it's manageable, good to pay it off. if it isn't, run it high as you can and file bankruptcy. you won't be able to buy a new car or a good house ever, but you wouldn't be able to anyway if you were paying off unmanageable debt. and if you have debt that you can't discharge (student loans, child support, back taxes), well, they can only garnish a reasonable percentage of your wages anyway.

"Reasonable" is 25% in some states. They can also directly pull money from your bank account with a court order!

• Locked thread