Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpaceRangerJoe
Dec 24, 2003

The little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
We use Google Apps at my company and are pretty happy with it. For compliance reasons, and my peace of mind, we are looking into backup solutions for this. The primary concern is email, but Drive and Calendar stuff would be nice too. Google Apps Vault seems to be the Google solution for this. I kind of like the idea of a different provider hosting the backup compared to Google hosting the live data and the backups.

I have found a whole stack of vendors who offer cloud based backups running on Amazon servers. I've trialed Spanning Backup, and it seems to work as advertised. Does anyone have experience with other cloud based Google Apps backups? Not that it matters for most of the cloud based stuff, but we have 300 something Google accounts to backup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TVGM
Mar 17, 2005

"It is not moral, it is not acceptable, and it is not sustainable that the top one-tenth of 1 percent now owns almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent"

Yam Slacker
We use Backupify and it's pretty good. It also uses AWS for storage.

Spanning's bullet points look very similar to Backupify, except I don't see details about retention. With Backupify, you tell them how long of a retention you want at the beginning, and it's not user-changable. We're currently at 3650 days.

SpaceRangerJoe
Dec 24, 2003

The little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
I looked at the website for Backupify. I know spanning has retention settings that admins can change. I haven't tested the software in a while so I'm not sure of the specifics though.

I'll probably end up calling a few vendors and see what they can do to sell me.

• Locked thread