Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

DoctorX posted:

He was in a special they did, but not in the actual Christmas special. It's a parody played by the same actors and it's great, you should look it up on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryo7fqdmcGQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO4UMQIsCW0

Here they are, for those who can't be bothered to look them up themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."
So is it Mrs. Hughes or Carson that gets accused of murder next season?

Also, I'm glad they're giving Mary a love interest who can drive this time.

ghostwritingduck fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Dec 29, 2014

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe
Isobel: I don't want to come between you and your children, and they have written me this letter which says they don't like me.
Lord Elderly: I will never forgive my children for this. Things will never be good between me and my children again.
Isobel: So I can't marry you, because I don't want to come between you and your children.
Lord Elderly: bitch what did i just say

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Nude Bog Lurker posted:

Isobel: I don't want to come between you and your children, and they have written me this letter which says they don't like me.
Lord Elderly: I will never forgive my children for this. Things will never be good between me and my children again.
Isobel: So I can't marry you, because I don't want to come between you and your children.
Lord Elderly: bitch what did i just say

It was really handled in the worst way. Merton was so pissed at that point that he'd have disinherited his sons and left his estate to charity if she married him.

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe

pentyne posted:

It was really handled in the worst way. Merton was so pissed at that point that he'd have disinherited his sons and left his estate to charity if she married him.

Presumably Violet could have sorted it all out if she wasn't making her staff deathmatch for kicks.

Namirsolo
Jan 20, 2009

Like that, babe?

Nude Bog Lurker posted:

Presumably Violet could have sorted it all out if she wasn't making her staff deathmatch for kicks.

I agree with this. I really like their friendship and how it evolved this season, but I wish it had ended with one of them in a relationship. Isobel's reasons for ending things with that guy who she was obviously still in love with were really contrived and dumb.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

The Anna murder storyline was wrapped up in the most unsatisfying, anticlimactic way ever, even by Downton Abbey standards.

spronk posted:

The guy that Mary was totally macking on, he was on Boardwalk Empire wasn't he? He looks super familiar. Mary certainly loves her bad boys.

He was just in The Imitation Game (along with Branson). He also played Ozymandias in Watchmen.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I do like this show, but the last season was a little tiring. I binged it all in the last month. I'm glad I'm not the only one who notices how many times they have scenes where the actors say the exact same thing, just with the words a little different. The plotting on this show is so bad.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

ghostwritingduck posted:

Also, I'm glad they're giving Mary a love interest who can drive this time.

I'm going to place a bet now that the new love interest is gay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeJune
Dec 3, 2007

"We're dead. Bartowski's got a gun."

Octy posted:

I'm going to place a bet now that the new love interest is gay.
Oh man a Thomas-Mary-Random Dude love triangle would be the BEST thing.

• Locked thread