Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
barfoid 4
Aug 21, 2014

by XyloJW
Every loving headphone fails at the end near the jack. So what the gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
My jacks tend to last only a few minutes, and aren't very violent. Perhaps use lotion?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Don't good headphones usually have a completely removable jack/cable, so you can replace it when that happens?

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

AKGs break pretty fast but you can open them up and fix them if you can solder at all they'll probably last decades.

Sennheisers are okay and and last a while but always looked hard to fix.

Audiotechnicas I have on my head now are light and comfortable but the cable is starting to pick up some cracks. But they are very good and not that expensive.

hth that's all the headphones I can remember having.

barfoid 4
Aug 21, 2014

by XyloJW
Fuckin A

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Sony heaadphones are the fuckin bomb for the price, just get some sony ear buds

TZer0
Jun 22, 2013
Currently using Sennheiser HD25-1 II.

My advice is basically finding headphones which are have no flex near the plug and gradually go from no flex to flexible as opposed to a sharp cut-off like on Porta Pro or other crap.

If you notice that the segment close to the plug is getting more flexible or if the headphones have a sharp cut-off to begin with, then you might want to consider preemptively reducing the flex using electrician tape.

Edit:
My headphones have now lasted 2.5 years.

TZer0 fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Sep 19, 2014

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

If you're breaking your headphones you really need to refine your technique a bit.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

XK posted:

If you're breaking your headphones you really need to refine your technique a bit.

i like to think this is the sequel to the 'gently caress skrillex once or listen to skrillex music forever' thread becuase its about loving skrillex music (for an indeterminate amount of time)

mrlego
Feb 14, 2007

I do not avoid women, but I do deny them my essence.

http://gradolabs.com/headphones/prestige-series

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
I promise not to fail at the jack point.

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
i am jack's point

one of the cool things about faggy dj headphones is a lot of them just have 1/8" outputs so you can replace the cable anytime they break (or take it off so it doesn't break at all)

John Denver Hoxha fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Sep 19, 2014

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

grados are so uncomfortable i don't know how anybody uses these things

it's a shame cause i auditioned a set of sr-325s once and they sounded A1 real good

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Get some westones or ultimate ears and stop loving around

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
KRK headphones have a replaceable cable, as do most high end headphones. Stop buying garbage

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.
i like my ath m50s

had em for two years now and still look pristine

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

chiming into say ill jack your point

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

only correct answer

WilltheMagicAsian
Dec 11, 2011

I've had DT880s for 4 years, they own

Meursault Horny
Sep 9, 2003

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer
I have a set of Etymotic ER-4i earbuds which are going on 4 years old

I use them p much daily

No issues with breakage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
beyerdynamic, AKG, Audiotechnica

Sennheiser is trash unless you're buying their high end stuff.

• Locked thread