Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Didn't watch the prelims.

The high point of the Horiguchi fight was him running to high five all the girls in the front row and having to be pulled back by security.

Kunimoto is bad at most aspects of fighting but somehow a good fighter. The decision was bad but not inexcusable.

Nakai vs Tate set WMMA back 10 years and I hate Miesha so loving much. She deserved to lose 29-28 because at least Nakai was trying to do something with her ineffective back takes.

Where the gently caress was this Akiyama vs Shields? What we've learned about Shields since they fought is that a judoka who hits hard can beat him.

Gomi should probably retire and Jury is still a forgettable dink.

It was kind of surreal to see Roy Nelson win a round and then get KO'd after walking into the exact trap he sets every fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerome Louis
Nov 5, 2002
p
College Slice

1st AD posted:

I'm the Japanese woman in tears

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Cool walk off KO for mark hunt, myles jury is a beast, and a Korean guy hapa elbowd somebody. 6.5/10

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Rin was fighting like a Clay Guida who knows even less what he's doing

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Rin was fighting like a Clay Guida who knows even less what he's doing

I like the part where she clings to mieshas back like a terrified koala, I found it inspiring

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
The Rin/Miesha fight was bad and Miesha is also bad.

Also is it possible that Alex Caceres is also bad? He didn't look very good.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

Also is it possible that Alex Caceres is also bad? He didn't look very good.

He looked really flat out there to me and not at all like himself, but he also took a really hard shot in the first so maybe that played a role. He's been a solid bantamweight for a while though so it's probably a bit unfair to write him off at this point.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
I didn't get to see this live so just finished watching it instead of going to a birthday party. The Nakai/Tate fight was sooo awful. It really seemed like Tate was just fighting in a practice dojo in guilty gear vs AI just to test her abilities. Nakai literally had no strikes in that entire fight of note. What a sorry rear end fight and Tate proved she can't finish even someone who is doing nothing but huddling up and absorbing any attacks that come their way. I was looking forward to this fight and I kinda wish I just didn't watch it.

Hunt tripping over Ray after he face planted was pretty amazing. Jury knocking out Gomi was pretty amazing too. I liked some of the knock outs and the first main card fighter (Hirguochi or something) was sick and I can't wait to see him fight some of the other flyweights because that was pretty slick.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Just watched it now, hilarious stuff. Walk away KO of Nelson, only Hunto can do such a thing. Great fight before that as well, I liked how both were actually throwing kicks.

Rest of the card was ok. Tate vs Rin wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but Rin sure can't strike.

I was shocked by how well Akiyama did. He also looked juiced.

Bumpy Johnson
Oct 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHLEfhF85f8&t=654s

:stare: "Really?"

Neeber
Nov 29, 2007

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Mark Hunt is the greatest man to ever live and burning my Fight Pass free trial on one fight was totally worth it.

They need to add a Fight Metric stat for walk-off KOs so that Mark can be #1 on one of their silly charts.

He's tied with JDS for having killed both the fattest and the tallest trashweight fighers.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I'm not at all comfortable saying Roy won the first round. He landed a single leg kick, admittedly a good one, but still only one. And he got stuffed a bunch looking for takedowns. They were both feeling each other out standing and working on their timing, but Hunt had two good kicks and the stuffs.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
One thing I'm happy about is after every loss Roy Nelson usually says he would do better in a rematch. Like he said he would beat Cormier in a rematch and JDS in a rematch and Werdum in a rematch because they "only won on points," and that always irritated me. Finally he was beaten by definitive cool as poo poo walk away KO. No disputing that. Thank you Mark Hunt.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Bubba Smith posted:

One thing I'm happy about is after every loss Roy Nelson usually says he would do better in a rematch. Like he said he would beat Cormier in a rematch and JDS in a rematch and Werdum in a rematch because they "only won on points," and that always irritated me. Finally he was beaten by definitive cool as poo poo walk away KO. No disputing that. Thank you Mark Hunt.

He's going to complain it was an early stoppage, you know.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

fatherdog posted:

I'm amazed it took this long for someone to notice.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

fatherdog posted:

I'll be disappointed if he does

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

fatherdog posted:

If he does i'll laugh at him on twitter.

TastyAvocado
Dec 9, 2009
I saw him say about the Arlovski fight "I won one round, he won one round."

Same thing Tate said about zingano.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Wasn't Nelson real close to locking in a kimura in that Arlovski fight and then the ref stood them up?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

MassaShowtime posted:

Wasn't Nelson real close to locking in a kimura in that Arlovski fight and then the ref stood them up?

The ref stood them up immediately after Roy cranked on it and lost the grip. He had full side control.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cmr9hYu8v4Q&t=154s

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
So did Hunto get a bonus? Did he get two bonuses?

Did he get injured for another year or come out unscathed?

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
Yeah, he got a 50k bonus for performance of the night. I don't think he injured anything. He really wants to fight on the Sydney card and I hope he gets his wish.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

TastyAvocado posted:

So apparently to kill Nelson you have to hit him hard enough in the head to knock out his shields first, then follow up with a shot just as hard.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.

Marin Karin posted:

Yeah, he got a 50k bonus for performance of the night. I don't think he injured anything. He really wants to fight on the Sydney card and I hope he gets his wish.

I don't know if I want to see Mark Hunt vs Soa Palelei.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Soa and Hunto are buddies so they won't fight

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Unless they're on record saying they won't fight I don't think you can count out a couple of Polynesian's being willing to punch each other, especially if it's for money.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

maffew buildings posted:

Unless they're on record saying they won't fight I don't think you can count out a couple of Polynesian's being willing to punch each other, especially if it's for money.

ray sefo/mark hunt being a great example of this

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing

TastyAvocado posted:

That guard rip Arlovski does with his left is fantastic, especially for the time

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TastyAvocado posted:

Didn't Tate imply she won two rounds and the stoppage was early so she should've won the fight? I remember thinking the judges that gave her two rounds were pretty dumb.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

vainman posted:

That guard rip Arlovski does with his left is fantastic, especially for the time

I would like to take this moment to remind everyone that Arlovski is actually a pretty good striker. His porous defense on the feet has led to him getting hit with some loving murder punches. Example - Fedor, Datsik, Rodgers.

The Johnson fight showed he certainly still has a chin.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Captain Log posted:

I would like to take this moment to remind everyone that Arlovski is actually a pretty good striker. His porous defense on the feet has led to him getting hit with some loving murder punches. Example - Fedor, Datsik, Rodgers.

The Johnson fight showed he certainly still has a chin.

I wasn't around for young Andre in his first UFC run. The first Arlovski fight I watched was against Sergei and it still holds in my memory as one of the most brutal KO's I've seen.

Biafraid
Jan 31, 2008

yeah.
Remember when he fought Travis Fulton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

Tezcatlipoca posted:

The ref stood them up immediately after Roy cranked on it and lost the grip. He had full side control.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cmr9hYu8v4Q&t=154s

gently caress that is terrible. Joe Rogan would still be screaming about it if he was commentating.

• Locked thread