Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
You know, sometimes I think we're doing good in the world with LPing, but then a newscaster refers to her as "Catgirl" and it makes me want to hang up the microphone.

Oh. We're streaming Duck Dynasty the game, in case you missed that. I guess I can't post the recordings here because it'd violate a rule, and I follow all the rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

judge reinhold posted:

You know, sometimes I think we're doing good in the world with LPing, but then a newscaster refers to her as "Catgirl" and it makes me want to hang up the microphone.

Oh. We're streaming Duck Dynasty the game, in case you missed that. I guess I can't post the recordings here because it'd violate a rule, and I follow all the rules.

They will be posted to your youtube channel though, right?

Please remind me because I forgot, the URL for your youtube channel is https://www.youtube.com/user/MenDrinkinCoffee/ correct?

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

bhlaab posted:

They will be posted to your youtube channel though, right?

Please remind me because I forgot, the URL for your youtube channel is https://www.youtube.com/user/MenDrinkinCoffee/ correct?

That's it. Man, that channel vid is good.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

judge reinhold posted:

That's it. Man, that channel vid is good.

Hey, speaking of y'alls classy taste in music, what is the song used in the beginning of the Men Drinkin' Eggnog saga?

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Chieves posted:

Hey, speaking of y'alls classy taste in music, what is the song used in the beginning of the Men Drinkin' Eggnog saga?

Which year, my man?

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

judge reinhold posted:

Which year, my man?

2014. The Shazams and tools of the internet have failed me.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Chieves posted:

2014. The Shazams and tools of the internet have failed me.

It's #6 from this, and I definitely purchased it.

http://us.audionetwork.com/production-music/winter-playground_73020.aspx

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

FreeKillB posted:

I really enjoyed when you discovered the camera controls after beating the game.

Often times in LP threads, people will discover new features of a game they had no idea about.

I don't think it's ever been the OP's crew, at least not so gloriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

judge reinhold posted:

The Nightstalker posted:

I'm not sure how this works. Is Catwoman's shadow a separate 3d entity, much like her inverted puddle-word doppelganger?

You asked this a while ago and no one answered, but: not exactly. Yes, but no. That shadow is almost certainly created via a shadow map which effectively renders the scene as if it were viewed from the point of view of the light source. Which means that it can be the same 3D model being rendered for the shadow map, or it can be a different lower-res version depending on how accurate you want the shadows to be.

Best guess here is that her torso managed to clip through something so that the majority of her upper half isn't being rendered into the shadow map, leaving the result you see here. Especially since it's likely that the game only bothers rendering shadows for dynamic entities and then (hopefully) does something to merge them into the static light map calculated for the level.

• Locked thread