Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
hotcake house got all hip 'n poo poo round about the time i left tho so i got no idea if its still cops & hookers at 4am

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Inzombiac posted:

There are tons of good bars and micro brewreies, sure, but try to see some of the botanical gardens. Late spring and early autumn are the best times.

Went to some all night breakfast place at 3am in downtown portland and outside some dude came up to my buddy and told him he was going to molest him. I waved a toothpick at him and told him to be careful, I'm armed, and he hauled rear end out of there.

Weird city, fun city. People in portland are really non-confrontational, too.

felinelvr
Mar 8, 2007

[quote="Hooters Etailer" post="435421135"]
What kind of things are you in to? There's a lot to see and do, narrow it down some!

I like site seeing. Mountians, caves, abandon buildings and animals. Oh let's not forget drinking lol. And good food!

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Going to have be here (Hillsboro) for a year next week. Still happy with the idea, if only cause I don't live in loving Virginia anymore. Holy poo poo this place is so much better by comparison so I don't even care if it's actually meh.

Also still not sick of taking the train everywhere. I think it's effecting my driving abilities.

The arcade place we just went to was neat enough

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
why would you live in hillsboro when you can live in portland

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Ok guys off the top of my head, a fun weekend in Portland.

Mt tabor is great for a sunset on a clear day.

From Powell Butte you can see Mt Hood, Mt St Helens, and Mt Jefferson.

Get a buffalo wrap at The Sweet Hereafter. Its soy curds and it is amazing.

Sushi at sushi Ichiban is delicious and cheap. It circles on a choo choo train that everyone puts notes on.

Try to hit Booty Bassment at holocene.

See a funk show at good foot (also free pool)

Go to migration brewery on Tuesday for 2.50 pints of their delicious beers.

Try the beef marrow soup complete with neckbone at sok Sab bai. It's loving amazing and very authentic cambodian.

Get drunk as gently caress on 54th and Hawthorne. There are about 8 bars within two blocks. It's called the barmuda triangle. If you can't get laid there, you're damaged somehow. In a bad way.

Things to not do:
Only Drink downtown (East side all around owns)
Eat voodoo donuts (Annies donuts are better)
Pay more than 30 bucks for an eighth of chronic.
Give the homeless money

EDIT stay at the Doug Fir if you can. Now I just gave you gold, do with it as you wish.

Donovan Trip fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Sep 26, 2014

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

It's quiet, and I can be naked in my back yard. She didn't have any interest in actually being in the city proper too. I only get out sporadically I'd rather stay home and get smashed in my media room that has its own bar

Rap Songs From Anime
Aug 15, 2007

felinelvr posted:

[quote="Hooters Etailer" post="435421135"]
What kind of things are you in to? There's a lot to see and do, narrow it down some!

I like site seeing. Mountians, caves, abandon buildings and animals. Oh let's not forget drinking lol. And good food!

The abandoned buildings are all torn down or gutted and boarded up. There's some cool lava caves near Bend but they're already closed for the season lol. Ride the MAX to the Oregon Zoo and enjoy the deepest transit station in North America, then wander around and look at animals and maybe some other stuff in Washington Park afterwards (especially if you like plants).

Also this person knows what's up:

echronorian posted:

Ok guys off the top of my head, a fun weekend in Portland.

Mt tabor is great for a sunset on a clear day.

From Powell Butte you can see Mt Hood, Mt St Helens, and Mt Jefferson.

Get a buffalo wrap at The Sweet Hereafter. Its soy curds and it is amazing.

Sushi at sushi Ichiban is delicious and cheap. It circles on a choo choo train that everyone puts notes on.

Try to hit Booty Bassment at holocene.

See a funk show at good foot (also free pool)

Go to migration brewery on Tuesday for 2.50 pints of their delicious beers.

Try the beef marrow soup complete with neckbone at sok Sab bai. It's loving amazing and very authentic cambodian.

Get drunk as gently caress on 54th and Hawthorne. There are about 8 bars within two blocks. It's called the barmuda triangle. If you can't get laid there, you're damaged somehow. In a bad way.

Things to not do:
Only Drink downtown (East side all around owns)
Eat voodoo donuts (Annies donuts are better)
Pay more than 30 bucks for an eighth of chronic.
Give the homeless money

EDIT stay at the Doug Fir if you can. Now I just gave you gold, do with it as you wish.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
If you want to see an abandoned building, visit Mall 205

Rap Songs From Anime
Aug 15, 2007

echronorian posted:

If you want to see an abandoned building, visit Mall 205

Goddamn that place is depressing.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
You could die in mall 205 and no one would know for a few days.

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
I always like to take the dog to laurelhurst park. It gets crowded at times but it's a beautiful park.

Hair of the dog brewery. If you like big beers like barley wines and Belgian quads go here. It's just across the river from downtown

naem
May 29, 2011

This all sounds p good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

Otto Von Jizzmark posted:

I always like to take the dog to laurelhurst park. It gets crowded at times but it's a beautiful park.

This goons knows what's up. Laurelhurst is absolutely fantastic and I'm consistently really pleased with myself for finding a place not too far from it.

• Locked thread