Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The whole "Lara is now the Witness" was a weird cop out.

Also the distribution of magic weapons seemed really stupid. Give the knife to a person who has no combat experience and give Jenny a gun. Also, it seems really weird they had that subplot of maybe Jenny takes a side job and it went absolutely nowhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Maybe they were trying to float out a possible spinoff where she travels the world looking for artifacts?

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost
Yeah, that ties things up neatly enough for this show to die. Shame, too, because had they just goddamned stuck to working through the Horsemen and the Biblical plagues with MotW episodes interspersed, they would have done just fine. But nooooo, we need his wife, and his kid (I love John Noble, but surely they could have come up with a better role for him), and The Hidden One, and blah blah blah blah.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Remember when many people were blogging and making memes about the show. Orlando Jones with the great twitter responses.
The calls for fanfiction and Nicole Beharie saying something to the effect of "You guys are..."
When the show made you think "Holy poo poo, that was stupid but fun as hell"?
The banter, amazing banter, between Abbie and Ichabod with her teaching him the ways of the modern world?

:sigh:

I've been paying attention very sporadically since the end of S2, has Hawley made another appearance?

And should this be the end of the series*, I can still always watch S1 - first half S2 and still have a fun time. My personal turning points are the heavy focus on Hawley's character in S2 and then Katrina's sudden evil turn and sudden death at the end of S2. They should have let her become the big bad or at least temporary antagonist going into S3 if they wanted to make her do a 180 so quickly. Maybe it was the extended order that did them in? The show worked better on tighter pacing and faster plot lines.

*I realize it made a pact with the devil to get S4, but not even Satan can save them after scoring the lowest ratings compared to almost EVERY other show on the network. If the Bones lead-in wasn't there, I shudder to think how low it could've gone.

e1: Actually, could this show get one more season for clear syndication, or have they already passed that bar?

Postal Parcel fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Apr 14, 2017

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hawley has not shown up since Season 2. They actually brought back Joe (from the Wendigo episode) to be Jenny's love interest.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
lmao

gently caress is "You, The Jury"

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

lmao

gently caress is "You, The Jury"

Take 1 part American Idol, 2 parts Judge Judy, add in some Fox News judges for flavor, shake and serve over poop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Sleepy Hollow has been unsurprisingly cancelled.
At least they got to wrap it up enough.

• Locked thread