Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
there are still video game magazines?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.
PC Gamer

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

sorry. you retards still pay for pc gamer magazines?

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

there are still video game magazines?

it was more of a nostalgia thing, games journalism is pretty much dead

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

sorry. you retards still pay for pc gamer magazines?

Actually my mom buys them for me.

FartRomancer.EXE
Jun 26, 2012

whatever comes with demo discs

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Thug Lessons posted:

Actually my mom buys them for me.

that's pretty cool. I wish my mom would buy my stuff too!

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

do they really still use demo discs? thats rad

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

d0s posted:

do they really still use demo discs? thats rad

No. not for like 15 years.

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
Next Generation was the greatest videogame mag ever and the only one not intended for middle-school retards.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

I had a subscription to PMS the first year it was out. They came with lid-stickers.

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Give Pat a Job posted:

Next Generation was the greatest videogame mag ever and the only one not intended for middle-school retards.

holy poo poo I totally forgot about that one, during the psx/n64/saturn wars that mag was the poo poo

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

I had a subscription to PMS the first year it was out. They came with lid-stickers.

yeah I covered my psx with their stuff and then regretted it

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I have a bunch of issues of Game Zone from Britain that I got when I was there for my like fourth grade year. I liked them because they a had a rude tude and were pretty zany and stuff. Also it was funny how they go games years after us and there were some bizarro systems I never heard of.

There was a section in the back called Twilight Zone and I thout they were all hilarious and also sometimes the reviews would just be like short stories and barely talk about the game at all. I should dig them back up and put them in my bathroom again.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
mines "go outside virgin" magazine its about camping (enemy spawns)

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

ilikedirt posted:

mines "go outside virgin" magazine its about camping (enemy spawns)

Man I wish i whish saw that!

Linnear
Nov 3, 2010
I read Retro Gamer because it makes me feel young and vital again for a brief time. And mildly British too.

MadMattH
Sep 8, 2011

d0s posted:

it was more of a nostalgia thing, games journalism is pretty much dead

They were dead when the game companies started paying them for good reviews. So that means they died probably in the 70's or something.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
Nintendo power was good. Also maybe it was Mac-Gamer? They were terrible, they had a terrible coconut monkey as an icon. The only thing that wasn't terrible about them was the freeware games they came with, which was literally the only way to get games for the Mac.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

i still have a copy of that around.

do people actually still make/buy gaming magazines?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Which magazines were responsible for handing out free demo discs? I remember one that came with Metal Gear Solid and Legacy of Kaine: Soul Reaver (that automatically quits after like, 3 minutes or something).

• Locked thread