Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

OFF CAMERA

Taking his cue, Royston quickly barges in, giving Viper a nasty look and snatching the microphone out of his hand before he can continue.

"I have a few things to say about Riker too. Well..."

There seems to be a pause as Royston tries to think about what to say next. It is obvious that he hadn't thought too far in the future in terms of what he was going to say. That and the fact that he hadn't really cut a promo in the MMA and in the British amateur circle in front of a live camera largely meant that the weight of the situation was proving to be too much for a wrestler who didn't have promos as a strong suit.

"...well...I've seen him spreading rumours about the management and, well, I don't like that. I think he should be quiet and stop spreading these rumours and I will bloody well make him stop if he doesn't first. If you continue, Riker, I will come for you, you can be sure of that!"

Cut a Promo; 2d6=6 - 2 is a miss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!
ON CAMERA - BACKSTAGE

June listens to Royston's input, feeling that she needs to do something to help this segment. She pulls the mic back from Royston, looking between the two men. "It looks like both men have some strong opinions about our resident marine. Now, back to the ring. Take it away, guys."

She looks between the two men as the screen fades to black.

Botch for Royston will be held onto until after his match.

ON CAMERA - RINGSIDE

The crowd seems to be a little confused about the promo, a small chorus of boos but otherwise not much of a reaction.

"Welcome back, everyone. Our next match will feature The Surgeon, the man you just heard from, against a PCW mainstay known to you at home as Howitzer." Stanton trails off as the voice of the ring announcer goes over the PA system in the small arena. "Welcome back everyone. The next match is scheduled for one fall! Introducing first, from Los Angeles, California..Howard, The Howitzer... Reynoooooooolds!"

Some generic-sounding rock music plays as Howard makes his entrance. He makes a few big fist pumps for the crowd as he jogs to the ring. After getting some time to hype the crowd up, the announcer continues. "His opponent.."

Go ahead and finish this one up Tekopo, however you'd like. As far as the match goes, it's Tekopo vs Unknown, with.. Well, whoever's not had a go at announcers bringing that side in.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

ON CAMERA - RINGSIDE

"...hailing from Manchester, England, Riiiichard, The Surgeon, Roooooyston!"

Royston, still kind of annoyed that his promo didn't go as intended, enters the ring, wearing his usual MMA trunks, coloured green and black, and a pair of MMA gloves: the latter are just for show, as Royston usually removes them before the match starts. The music itself is from a relatively unknown band from Royston's own hometown, Manchester. This had been his entrance music since he had been in the MMA circuit, a choice made in order to promote a friend's band, and he had never seen a reason to change it. Although he liked the song, the music was kind of generic metal and nothing that would really make the crowd pop.

On the way to the ring, Royston doesn't even bother to look at the audience, trying to create an image that they are beneath him. After sliding through the ropes, Royston immediately snatches the microphone from the announcer and then stands in the middle of the ring.

"I'm glad I'm here to finally show you what REAL FIGHTING is. Although I guess you dumb american wrestling fans would still be unable to spot it. Well, have I got a show for you tonight!" A moderate amount of boos descend on Royston: he has to get that cheap heat when he can though! After handing back the microphone to the announcer, Royston moves to his corner, ritually taking off his gloves much like he has done in all of his other wrestling matches. After carefully placing them on the corner rather than flinging them away, Royston then turns, staring at Howitzer intently, waiting for the bell to ring and signal the start of the match.

I'm the Talent in this, so I think i get the first move, but its late for me so I'll post it out tomorrow: maybe the announcers can do some commentary just before the match starts as well. I have audience +1 and got some cheap heat, so that's 2 momentum for me.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

ON CAMERA - RINGSIDE

As the bell rings, Royston immediately advances and he and Howitzer tie up collar-and-elbow. Before Howitzer can do anything, Royston wraps around the back, changing his hold in order to attempt a rear choke but an elbow blow from Howitzer sends Royston reeling back. As Howitzer turns around, Royston immediately charges towards him, hitting him with a clothesline, making him fall to the ground. Royston raises up his arms, a grin on his face, heeling it up for the fans, but this allows Howitzer to stand and deliver a blow to the back of Royston. As Royston crumples to the ground, Howitzer grabs him and forces him to his feet, but before he can do anything, Royston sends a sickening slap to his midriff.

Royston quickly performs a side headlock and immediately turns it into a headlock takedown, ending up with Royston on top of Howitzer and still holding him in an headlock. As Howitzer struggles to escape, Royston makes it appear like he is putting pressure on the headlock, but after a few seconds Howitzer pushes him off. Both wrestlers then slowly stand up, giving themselves a small respite while they square each other up.

2d6 +2=6 Was using work, gonna spend one momentum and then gain one to give control to Howitzer

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

On Camera

The two wrestlers lock up, leading right into a high-speed sequence. Howitzer starts with an Irish Whip on Royston, followed by a series of leapfrogs, into a waistlock by Royston. A go-behind by Howitzer, shoving Royston into the ropes, following up with a high-impact diving clothesline. Howitzer tries to follow up with a headlock, but gets pulled into a chain wrestling series, nearly getting locked into one of Royston's famous submission holds before breaking the hold and getting back to his feet.

Both men stand up, each going to one of the corners for half a second before meeting back in the middle of the ring.

No rolls by NTCs, just trying to get this moving again. Go ahead and take control here.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

On Camera

The two wrestlers approach one again and Howitzer attempts to strike Royston as soon as he is in range, but the Surgeon ducks the blow and using Howitzer's momentum against him, he takes him into a fireman's carry. Waiting for a few seconds, Royston nods and smirks to the ground, before slamming down Howitzer on his back hard against the mat and immediately covering up for a pin. The referee is quick to react and immediately starts the count, but only gets to two before Howitzer manages to escape the pin.

Royston slowly stands up as he waits for Howitzer to rise: it's obvious that something with more impact is on his mind, but what?

2d6+1=8 Using Power, will retain control. Will post another post tonight when I have time.

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
- ANNOUNCING -

"Royston's quick with that fireman's carry, that MMA strength is really working for him for now, and - OH, HE'S GOING FOR THE QUICK PIN! That's not gonna work out, though, that training isn't gonna help him lock down the Howitzer.

But he's backing up, Howitzer's on his feet, and the Surgeon is looking very thoughtful here. Ref had better be on his guard here, it's looking like things are about to get real rough, real fast."

Not sure if this is good commentating but I'm gonna try taking over that spot.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

ON CAMERA

Inciting Howitzer to come at him, Royston seems to be backing away, but Howitzer doesn't seem to be advancing. Suddenly, Howitzer suddenly charges at Royston: the British wrestler has just about enough time to dodge away, sending Howitzer crashing against the turnbuckle. As Royston approaches, the turns Howitzer around and then sends a series of blows at the mid-section of Howitzer. After finishing doing his so-called 'MMA punches', Royston turns around and rises his hands in the air as boos crash against him. Howitzer crumples to the ground and Royston grabs him, dragging him away from the corner, quickly applying a figure-four footlock on Howitzer with him facing down.

As Howitzer struggles in pain Royston keeps 'pumping' the leg-lock to make it appear like he's applying pressure to the lock. At the same time, Howitzer seems to be reaching for the ropes. The ref, meanwhile, gives a convincing showing that he's asking Howitzer if he's giving up, while the wrestler shakes his head while still selling the pain. The lock is kept for no more than a minute before Howitzer finally manages to reach the ropes.

Royston seems to be ignoring this however, even as the refs tries to get him to stop the hold. When Royston finally gives it up, he turns away from Howitzer and starts arguing with the ref.

2d6+2=7 Gonna gain +1 momentum and give control to Howitzer

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

ON CAMERA

After a few beats pass of Royston arguing with the ref, Howitzer goes for a quick rollup, getting a near-fall from the exchange. Howitzer follows up by putting Royston in the corner, giving him a few chops to the chest for the crowd. He whips Royston across the ring, letting him bounce out of the corner before following up with a lariat. Howitzer points to the top rope as Royston is down, quickly jumping up to the top rope and perching himself there for a moment, gesturing for the big elbow drop.

As Howitzer goes flying, Royston barely moves out of the way, leading Howitzer to a big miss, rolling on the ground grabbing his elbow.

The ref comes over, patting Royston on the shoulder, signaling him and Howitzer to go into the finish.

FLASHBACK - OFF CAMERA

"Royston's going to win. Don't worry, you're gonna be in the tournament too." Glover speaks up, giving out the finish ahead of time, patting the other man on the shoulder. "Just don't hurt him, alright?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

ON CAMERA

Royston is quick to take advantage of Howitzer's misfortune and quickly goes to down, taking the arm of his opponent, the one that got hurt from the elbow drop, and putting it in his 'Operating Table' hold. He doesn't put the pressure on as per his prior pre-match plan with Howitzer, but after a few minutes, Howitzer still doesn't seem to give up. Royston tries to whisper to him to give up, but it almost looks like his opponent wants to get out of the hold. Deciding to finish it then and there, Royston puts on the pressure on the arm and finally, after realising that Royston was not going to let him get up, Howitzer finally taps out.

Royston, without waiting for the referee to announce him the winner, storms out of the ring and once in the backstage area, waits for Howitzer to come out as well.

"Howitzer, what the gently caress was that?"

2d6=7 Going for +1 heat with Howitzer

• Locked thread