Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
dumb q but how could the russians ever fire ICBMs? like 0% of their territory is inside that zone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Guys every single atom of our being could house a universe on the same scale is the one we live in. I think that's neato

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
That chart is for space elevators. Even far north you can launch into an inclined orbit, but ICBMs are suborbital anyway, so they shoot them north assuming they are aimed at the US.

edit: And for manned missions Russia launches from another country (Kazakhstan I think).

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
oh okay thanks

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Red Suit posted:

Guys every single atom of our being could house a universe on the same scale is the one we live in. I think that's neato

our universe doesn't really behave like a particle so there's not much reason to suspect that we are one, but the multiverse theory might prove some validity to a similar concept.

Robo Reagan fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Sep 25, 2014

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Red Suit posted:

http://orteil.dashnet.org/nested

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Obscure 60's factual space documentary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGVwreJNWlk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Red Suit posted:

no your fat

• Locked thread