Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.

JustTheWorst posted:

Was that Shearer voicing Flanders in the Rick and Morty couch gag? I haven't watched a new one in a while, so maybe he just sounds that way all the time now, but it sounds... off.

Do you think they voices are done live?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Mustached5thGrader posted:

Do you think they voices are done live?

It's quite the strain on the animators' wrists.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Echo Chamber posted:

Any more than this?

That was weird, but had its own internal logic. It didn't throw characters at the audience and make them wonder if they were supposed to know who they were.

Both of those couch gags are among my favorites. I like when they get weird! Like mini Treehouse of Horrors.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Two things about the couch gag.

1) I am willing to bet that most Simpsons viewers didn't know what the hell was going on, who those guys were, what they were doing, and so on. They would have realized that it was a reference to some other show they'd never watched, and hopefully they'd get curious enough to check it out, but it was probably just another BLAM couch gag as far as they were concerned.

2) The couch gag was very well done, like a micro-episode of Rick and Morty. I loved every second of it, especially Rick going on and on and on about how huge of a mistake Morty had just made. He was just rubbing it in for all it was worth. "Oh God, look at the baby one! Oh my God, Morty!"

I thought it was great. At least they kept the crossover confined to the couch gag this time.

tarlibone fucked around with this message at 00:50 on May 21, 2015

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Man I wish you could buy an a la carte subscription to Simpsonsworld without having to pay for cable.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

tarlibone posted:

Two things about the couch gag.

1) I am willing to bet that most Simpsons viewers didn't know what the hell was going on, who those guys were, what they were doing, and so on. They would have realized that it was a reference to some other show they'd never watched, and hopefully they'd get curious enough to check it out, but it was probably just another BLAM couch gag as far as they were concerned.

2) The couch gag was very well done, like a micro-episode of Rick and Morty. I loved every second of it, especially Rick going on and on and [i]on about how huge of a mistake Morty had just made. He was just rubbing it in for all it was worth. "Oh God, look at the baby one! Oh my God, Morty!"

I thought it was great. At least they kept the crossover confined to the couch gag this time.

I had never seen a single second of Rick and Morty before that clip and the way Rick keeps on repeating Morty's name throughout his sentences is killing me. "Oh, gently caress, Morty, you did this, what the gently caress did you do, Morty, you need to fix this Morty!"

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Timby posted:

I had never seen a single second of Rick and Morty before that clip and the way Rick keeps on repeating Morty's name throughout his sentences is killing me. "Oh, gently caress, Morty, you did this, what the gently caress did you do, Morty, you need to fix this Morty!"

Oh boy, do I have good news for you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJkWRObZbHw

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Bad news, folks! https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/homer-marge-getting-legally-separated-032400380.html tl;dr: Homer and Marge are getting legally separated! Among other things.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
It's probably going be like one episode and that's it yet it's trending on Facebook despite people's insistence they don't care about new Simpsons.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Ugggghhhhhhhhhh

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I did appreciate how they told everyone that Bart dies.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

"Homer falls in love with his pharmacist, who’s voiced by Lena Dunham"

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Echo Chamber posted:

It's probably going be like one episode and that's it yet it's trending on Facebook despite people's insistence they don't care about new Simpsons.
One episode? Given the awful plotting of recent seasons I doubt it will be longer than one act.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
I really don't understand why this is such news when it's gotta be at least the 10th "Homer and Marge break up" plot they've done.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

OldSenileGuy posted:

I really don't understand why this is such news when it's gotta be at least the 10th "Homer and Marge break up" plot they've done.

Somebody needs to do a breakdown of how many times they've covered the same subjects: Homer & Marge break up, Bart falls in love, Homer gets a new job, etc.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

OldSenileGuy posted:

This time they're getting LEGALLY separated. Like that time they got divorced!

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Hey guys!

Remember SPIDERPIG?

He's BACK!

In TV form ..

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Harry Shearer is returning after all.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/15/harry-shearer-simpsons-returns?hootPostID=c9207bc716489e677082ac3971988718

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

That Ted Cruz video scared everyone enough.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Al Jean has an interesting statement on his Twitter:

Al Jean's Twitter posted:

I would like to clear up a misunderstanding. I have recently been told that during a period where Harry Shearer believed he had a five week free period from the Simpsons, I was unaware of this fact, and did in fact request material from him. If so, my bad. I am truly glad he is returning to the show.
So I guess we're to infer that Harry quitting the show because he wanted "the freedom to do other work" was all due to some dust up over him being asked to read lines during a supposed break period. I wonder if extracting a public apology from Al was a condition of his coming back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Homer goes on another wild adventure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz7_JP7ROvA

• Locked thread