Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

It started with a slideshow called "Faces of America" some really American orchestral music played, can't remember what it was, some stuff you've probably heard a highschool band play badly. It was a video of a bunch of ethnic people looking only slightly terribly hosed up from poo poo lives (as they do not usually have a good selection of pictures) and then ended up progressing into the future with like, pictures of modern people that looked like stock photos you see on a website for chronic depression meds.
The rest of it was pretty boring, just getting called up for certificates, what new rights and stuff we had, voting, blah blah.

The ending was the worst though.
They played this video, the best way I can describe it is like one of those truck commercials, it had all these American environments in it, fields of grain, some idyllic field with sunflowers, people being rugged and American, working and poo poo, hands all tough but masculine. People doing happy things and being American and like flags and poo poo flying and soldiers saluting. Some poo poo that would be in a truck commercial after 9/11.
But they were playing that "Proud to Be An American" song over it.
This one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q65KZIqay4E

Needless to say I was very embarrassed. I would not recommend the Citizenship Ceremony to anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
lmao that lee greenwood song would make me want to renounce my citizenship on the spot and join isis

congrats for sticking it out

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
wanna trade

England Sucks
Sep 19, 2014

by XyloJW

JebanyPedal posted:

It started with a slideshow called "Faces of America" some really American orchestral music played, can't remember what it was, some stuff you've probably heard a highschool band play badly. It was a video of a bunch of ethnic people looking only slightly terribly hosed up from poo poo lives (as they do not usually have a good selection of pictures) and then ended up progressing into the future with like, pictures of modern people that looked like stock photos you see on a website for chronic depression meds.
The rest of it was pretty boring, just getting called up for certificates, what new rights and stuff we had, voting, blah blah.

The ending was the worst though.
They played this video, the best way I can describe it is like one of those truck commercials, it had all these American environments in it, fields of grain, some idyllic field with sunflowers, people being rugged and American, working and poo poo, hands all tough but masculine. People doing happy things and being American and like flags and poo poo flying and soldiers saluting. Some poo poo that would be in a truck commercial after 9/11.
But they were playing that "Proud to Be An American" song over it.
This one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q65KZIqay4E

Needless to say I was very embarrassed. I would not recommend the Citizenship Ceremony to anyone.

GET OUT OF R CUNTRY

Digi_Kraken
Sep 4, 2011
Hey gently caress you, you loving immigrant piece of poo poo. Can I speak to your employer? HABLO ME NO SPEAK-O ESPAN-YOLO

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
death to america

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Also it's going to sound like I'm trying to be edgy but there was something weird and awkward about hearing "God Bless America" like 50 times in a room that was full of people from like India and China and all these different countries that probably aren't all Christian.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

JebanyPedal posted:

Also it's going to sound like I'm trying to be edgy but there was something weird and awkward about hearing "God Bless America" like 50 times in a room that was full of people from like India and China and all these different countries that probably aren't all Christian.

"seperation of church and state" is hilarious when you think of it.

like, we didn't even get close.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
satan bless america

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

gettin an american citizenship is like getting a home loan without getting the house after

• Locked thread