Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Not Today Satan
Apr 18, 2007

http://news.kron4.com/news/woman-busted-for-possession-of-spaghettios-sauce-may-sue/

quote:

GAINESVILLE, Florida (KRON) — A Florida woman may pursue legal action against police and prosecutors after she spent more than a month in jail for possession of SpaghettiOs.
Police say they arrested 23-year old Ashley Gabrielle Huff after they found a spoon covered with a suspicious residue inside the car she was riding in.
From the beginning Huff insisted that she wasn’t using, selling, or making methamphetamines.
The woman spent more than a month in jail while her attorney tried to arrange a plea bargain. That’s when the crime lab report came back confirming the spoon was encrusted with spaghetti sauce.
She was then released from custody.
Police say they were acting in good faith. Huff may now pursue legal action against the police departments, the jails, and the D.A.’s office for malicious prosecution and unlawful arrest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digi_Kraken
Sep 4, 2011
is she a darkie?

Not Today Satan
Apr 18, 2007

It's Florida, so there's a 99.99999999% that she is a minority.

Digi_Kraken
Sep 4, 2011

Not Today Satan posted:

It's Florida, so there's a 99.99999999% that she is a minority.

It certainly makes the story much more plausible

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
To be fair you shouldn't buy spaghettios to begin with

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Shes white with red hair.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

who the gently caress eats spaghettios in their car.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrUGosaQMRE

Not Today Satan
Apr 18, 2007

Well lookit that!

http://www.nuttynewstoday.com/2014/09/woman-busted-for-possession-of-spaghettios-spends-a-month-in-jail/

Hayburner
Jan 29, 2005

hi
no way. no f-ing way.

spaghettios??

holy shitballs this can. not. be. real.

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009

Hobohemian posted:

Shes white with red hair.

Progress!

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

hemale in pain posted:

who the gently caress eats spaghettios.

fixed that up a bit

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Police Chief Boyardee hasn't even commented on the incident yet.

orangesampson
Nov 22, 2012

by Ion Helmet

hemale in pain posted:

who the gently caress eats spaghettios in their car.

Besides the sodium count, it's better than MD's

http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-spaghettios-i98035

http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-mcdonalds-double-cheeseburger-i53968

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

quote:

GAINESVILLE, Florida (KRON)

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Minorities are the majority in Florida

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
how jail works: if yo u cant bail yourself out you have to stay in jail until your court date.

i mean id sue too because it sounds ridiculous on the surface with a wacky headline but if it looked like a meth spoon it looked like a meth spoon, sorry... the only way she'd stay in jail is

- she already had a history of meth charges so the bail was set super high where even the fees were a financial strain
- she was really poor and couldn't afford the fees of what was likely a normal bail
- staying in jail for exactly this reason

id be interested in why they found the spoon in the first place (why was the car searched), why did she as a passenger get this charge instead of the driver (something wonky going on there), why wasnt the spoon field tested which seriously what cop in florida wouldn't have that, and how old exactly was this spoon for the spaghettios to rot to the point of looking like burnt meth ?

orangesampson
Nov 22, 2012

by Ion Helmet

1gnoirents posted:

how jail works: if yo u cant bail yourself out you have to stay in jail until your court date.

i mean id sue too because it sounds ridiculous on the surface with a wacky headline but if it looked like a meth spoon it looked like a meth spoon, sorry... the only way she'd stay in jail is

- she already had a history of meth charges so the bail was set super high where even the fees were a financial strain
- she was really poor and couldn't afford the fees of what was likely a normal bail

id be interested in why they found the spoon in the first place (why was the car searched), why did she as a passenger get this charge instead of the driver (something wonky going on there), why wasnt the spoon field tested which seriously what cop in florida wouldn't have that, and how old exactly was this spoon for the spaghettios to rot to the point of looking like burnt meth ?

You can't bail yourself out with money in your pocket either.

It's evidence.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

orangesampson posted:

You can't bail yourself out with money in your pocket either.

It's evidence.

Yeah I know you call a bails bondsman. That's the fees I'm talking about.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
uh oh

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-KNZs4Z87c

watch this and then tell me spaghettiO's aren't drugs

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

She may not be black but she sure does look like a meth head

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Yaldabaoth posted:

Yeah, if you're 23 and look that rough I could see assuming there's some meth in the mix.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
most people possessing spoons covered in spaghetti-o-looking residue are cooking meth op

can't really expect patrol officers to bust out their chemistry sets

Jeffrey of YOSPOS fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Sep 29, 2014

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Yaldabaoth posted:

basically a 1 in 3 chance if you're not a student there

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

Jeffrey posted:

most people possessing spoons covered in spaghetti-o-looking residue are cooking meth op

can't really expect patrol officers to bust out their chemistry sets

actually you can because that's why they carry them though?

likely it tested positive because she's a meth head but the spoon itself was just a dirty spoon so she will walk

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

IRQ posted:

Yeah, if you're 23 and look that rough I could see assuming there's some meth in the mix.

florida is just that rough on people

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Yaldabaoth posted:

wash that greasy-rear end hair holy poo poo

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

comes along bort posted:

florida is just that rough on people
We get like 340 days of brutal unrelenting sunshine a year. Florida is rough on gingers.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
so the plan from here out is let her win a $10k lawsuit and tail her for the approximately nine minutes it'll take for her to throw a big crank party
seize the money back
boom done
brilliant

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
thank goodness for chef boyardee

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Serves her right for eating garbage food for poor children

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
23? jfc, her face is probable cause

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
There is no Gainesville Hall County in Florida, that's Georgia. Gas thread, ban op and imprison for a month.

Donovan Trip fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Sep 30, 2014

snuggle baby luvs hugs
Aug 30, 2005
Not criticizing just observing - this is a a spot on reproduction of a 1.0 thread

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

never trust an elf posted:

Not criticizing just observing - this is a a spot on reproduction of a 1.0 thread

Can you be trusted

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
Don't Drive With an Open Container of SpaghettiOs in Florida

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

echronorian posted:

There is no Gainesville Hall County in Florida, that's Georgia. Gas thread, ban op and imprison for a month.

send op to gainesville georgia, fate worse then death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

never trust an elf posted:

i'm gay

• Locked thread