Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
indoflaven
Dec 10, 2009
If you haven't listened to Led Zeppelin on weed, you haven't heard Led Zeppelin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

really stoned and In My Time Of Dying comes on the first time i ever heard it and it was like the guitar strings were plucked synapses in my mind triggering all kinds of euphoria.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

ArbitraryC posted:

As lame as it is OP the answer is "it varies". I find weed and music work amazingly well together, I love music when I'm not stoned too obviously but when I smoke it's like I'm not just listening to the music I feel it. I get more into the mood of the song and am more likely to pick up subtle things I might not have noticed if I was just treating it as background noise. When I'm stoned I usually can't multitask as well so I tend to get more into whatever it is I'm doing, even if that's just zoning out and listening to music. I like finding new bands and such when I smoke because I find I tend to be more accepting of different sounds and less likely to skip to the next track or whatever. When it comes to movies though I like smoking and watching comedies but I'm not the fondest of action or romance when stoned because everything just seems so silly and contrived. I tend to be more aware I'm watching actors if that makes sense.

Alcohol doesn't really affect my enjoyment of art in any direct fashion. It's a nice social lubricant and I do have some minor social anxiety issues though so it does sort of help me relax and enjoy myself at like concerts or whatever.

Psychedelics (like shrooms/acid) have really tangible and profound affects on how you perceive art and I attribute a specific acid trip where I ended up wandering around an art building on campus with friends as when I really started appreciating visual art. It was the first time I really looked at a painting and not only cared enough to wonder why the artist painted it the way they did, but thought about it enough to come to some reasonable conclusions about their subject and style.

just smoke reefer you dumb bitch

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
ecstasy improves everything

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

including your desire to kill yourself the day after

• Locked thread