Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Asproigerosis posted:

I forgot how horrifying roundabouts are. There's a reason we don't have any of these stupid things in the great state of Delaware. If I ever came across one in my life I'd probably have a panic attack.

They're around once in awhile in Maryland, I've seen precisely one. What surprised the gently caress out of me is up in Greencastle, PA there's a bigass "square" there in town. 4 2-lanes just sort of feed into a bigass boxy town-square thing. It isnt really marked as a normal road at all. Every single time I've gone through, its been me and all passengers/driver screaming in terror.

And yet ingame, I guarantee it'd work better for the AI than a roundabout :(
VVV

MikeJF posted:

I have a theory that Americans don't do roundabouts but British are fine is because it's basically all about obeying the queuing rules and not shoving in. And queuing is what they're all about. :haw:

Seems exactly right :P

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Mar 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Tambaloneus posted:

But they're so easy! You only have to care about one single direction, not what other people are doing in every other lane - only the one that is directly in your path on the right (or left). Then once on you can happily drive having the right of way until your exit. No sitting in an intersection until the light goes orange hoping not too many people blow through before you can turn, no worrying whether the guy turning across your lane opposite is going to gun it before you get there.. nope you just sidle on in the first gap and cruise happily around. Mind you I am quite used to them, having to go through 5-6 on my way to and from work everyday. The only awful one is the one where it has multiple lanes but is far too small to easily loving change into one while you're on it unless you like going around and around.

Although if the person in front of you refuses to enter the loving thing until it's entirely devoid of traffic it can make you want to lob a grenade out the window.

I have a theory that Americans don't do roundabouts but British are fine is because it's basically all about obeying the queuing rules and not shoving in. And queuing is what they're all about. :haw:

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib
:siren: For those who haven't noticed, there's a new thread. :siren:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3706710

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Alpine Mustache posted:

Anyone running this on a Q6600 CPU? how terrible/good is it?

Running well enough for me at 65k pop, with 8 city squares unlocked.
CSL will max out all 4 cores, it actually is properly multithreaded so you can probably throw even more cores and CPUs at it for even better performance.

Also go post in the other thread.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Wrong thread

Mills fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Mar 17, 2015

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

SynthOrange posted:

You know, why bother with interchanges? Surely I could replace them with roundabouts?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTLp8cJ2Mdo
A city of nothing but roundabouts.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I believe in the U.S. federal money is now tied to roundabouts in some areas so you should see more in new land development.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

The Deadly Hume posted:

Do I look like Robert loving Moses?

If this wasn't so regionalized, I would love Cities: Skylines - Do I look like Robert loving Moses?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3
Wrong thread too D:

• Locked thread