Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!

Kerrow posted:

N:

V: Voracek owns, gently caress Corey Perry

Corey Perry is certainly an offensive leader.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Right, boneitis is the reason that signing Lupul to big money and term was hilarious.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Apparently Hull sold all that stuff because he moved back to STL for good and didn't want to put it in storage or something.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

"Something" :tinsley: :420: :okpos: :shroom: :lsd:

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Rotten Cookies posted:

I saw the Isles lost 5-0 to Colorado and i didn't see the game. I have no desire to see highlights or anything. Blegh.

- Corey Conacher is the worst player to ever play on a line with Tavares, which includes the corpse of Brad Boyes

- Isles goaltending is guaranteed to give up 1 (usually 2) absolutely horrific goals every game

- Varlamov is really good at abusing people in both goaltending and everyday life

- Jack Capuano bad

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah loving lol Isles. Avs are 2-2 in their last 4, putting up 7 goals against the nucks, and that big win against the Islanders. And in their losses they've looked solid enough, hopefully this poo poo is turning around.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Brent Severyn and Craig Ludwig.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Ryan Johansen now has points in all 10 games this season (ties a franchise record set by Umberger in 2010), and in 16 straight overall. :stare:

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

He sure won't repeat his 60 point season from last year. loving primadonna. gently caress him. - CBJ Management

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Boy, it's almost like I've heard that joke before

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

darkwolf220 posted:

He sure won't repeat his 60 point season from last year. loving primadonna. gently caress him. - CBJ Management

Between this guy and Rick Nash, I think the CBJ organization are masters of developing guys fueled by double cheeseburgers.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

darkwolf220 posted:

He did just what we wanted him to. Go out and prove it wasn't a fluke. Let's consider the third year of the deal as an advance and make sure we have the entire City of Columbus fleet of dump trucks ready to back up to his house full of hundreds in 2017. - CBJ Management

Zodijackylite posted:

Between this guy and Rick Nash, I think the CBJ organization are masters of developing guys fueled by double cheeseburgers.

Wendy's did sponsor them for a number of years...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Do you even remember what you were saying about them before they signed him?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Blah blah blah Gustav Nyquist blah blah unsustainable blah blah I sniff glue blah.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
I don't know what to do about this Dallas team. They are worse by every statistical measure in every category than last years team, which just barely snuck into 8th place.

Unless things drastically turn around (like everyone that isn't the top line suddenly re-learns how to play hockey) this team is going nowhere.

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil! LET'S GO PRED-A-TORS!
I don't think Nashville should've lost tonight. Hot take right there. But the Flames blocked 36 shots. It was pretty impressive and half of their players will be broken in the morning.

Neal had 2 goals on 16 attempted shots. 7 on net. He's doing just fine.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

For that being a Columbus loss, it was a fun game, with a fun atmosphere. It kinda blows that the lower bowl was 60% leafs fans, but it makes sense - If you're coming all that way, go big or go home on the tickets, right?

Also, R Bar kicks rear end, if you're ever going to a game around Columbus, I'd reccomend it.

Finally, I wrote a haiku during the intermission:

Mister Jared Boll
You loving suck at hockey
Go and gently caress yourself

Why does out fan base love this shithead?

E: I almost forgot, lol at Bozak.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I don't know what his number look like but every game I have seen this year Jared Boll has been putrid. He is either picking up an awful penalty or turning it over in his own zone and is generally just a punchy guy these days.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Goetta posted:

I don't know what his number look like but every game I have seen this year Jared Boll has been putrid. He is either picking up an awful penalty or turning it over in his own zone and is generally just a punchy guy these days.
Yet he was on a line with foligno and Skille.

He loving sucks as a punchman, too.

TeamJesus
Sep 21, 2006

He died for your sins...
Now he's back for your
BRAINS!

Trevor Bird posted:

I don't think Nashville should've lost tonight. Hot take right there. But the Flames blocked 36 shots. It was pretty impressive and half of their players will be broken in the morning.

Neal had 2 goals on 16 attempted shots. 7 on net. He's doing just fine.

Just 36 blocks, off night for Bouma it sounds like.

Also Johnny Gaudreau leads the league in takeaways now.

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Mighty, mighty eagle soaring free
Defender of our homes and liberty
Bravery, humility, and honesty...
Mighty, mighty eagle, rescue me!
Dinosaur Gum

TeamJesus posted:

Also Johnny Gaudreau leads the league in takeaways now.

Gaudreau sucks. You can only get that many takeaways if you never possess the puck.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Starsfan posted:

I don't know what to do about this Dallas team. They are worse by every statistical measure in every category than last years team, which just barely snuck into 8th place.

Unless things drastically turn around (like everyone that isn't the top line suddenly re-learns how to play hockey) this team is going nowhere.

that first line looks pretty fuckin ballin

Emetic Hustler
May 5, 2009

VJeff posted:

Blah blah blah Gustav Nyquist blah blah unsustainable blah blah I sniff glue blah.

Yeah, that 31% shooting percentage sure is something

*sniffs glue*

POTATO IN MY ANUS
May 23, 2012

23 year old man.

just tried (unsuccessfully) to suck my own dick.

I think I need a break from the internet.

Boomer The Cannon posted:

For that being a Columbus loss, it was a fun game, with a fun atmosphere. It kinda blows that the lower bowl was 60% leafs fans, but it makes sense - If you're coming all that way, go big or go home on the tickets, right?

not sure if you watched on TV or you were there but holy gently caress it was miserable. I was in a sea of leafs fans and they were all yelling obnoxiously at the back of my head while we got smashed. it took every fiber of my being to not leave early. these are trying times as a jackets fan.

at least we are playing the canes next week. I'm getting upper bowl seats to that game so if we lose I can just jump and kill myself.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

Do you even remember what you were saying about them before they signed him?

Screw everybody involved, just get it done?

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Finally, I wrote a haiku during the intermission:

Mister Jared Boll
You loving suck at hockey
Go and gently caress yourself

Why does out fan base love this shithead?

The CBJ were so bad for so many years that I think the punchman became a source of inspiration. It's part of why Jody Shelley is so revered.

Cracknell-Chaput-Boll is a line that looks like it should be on the 2006-07 CBJ team. Unfortunately, they're banged up to the point where it's necessary now. Chaput hasn't been bad in his role, Boll is Boll, and Cracknell's been somewhat invisible.

POTATO IN MY ANUS posted:

not sure if you watched on TV or you were there but holy gently caress it was miserable. I was in a sea of leafs fans and they were all yelling obnoxiously at the back of my head while we got smashed. it took every fiber of my being to not leave early. these are trying times as a jackets fan.

at least we are playing the canes next week. I'm getting upper bowl seats to that game so if we lose I can just jump and kill myself.

It used to be you'd only see hordes of Wings, Blackhawks, and sometimes Preds fans at Nationwide. Comes with the territory more often in the East, but I'll take it.

This team should improve quite a bit once literally half the team isn't broken anymore. It sounds as though they may get them back fairly fast, too, with Calvert being possible tonight, Jenner sounding likely to be back this week and Dubinsky not far behind him, Anisimov day-to-day, and both Wiz and Bob only said to be gone for another week or so. Then you're just down to Letestu and Horton. And there should be 65 or so games to go when they're all back.

e- ...right?

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Nov 1, 2014

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Spamtron7000 posted:

Gaudreau sucks. You can only get that many takeaways if you never possess the puck.

Did you wanna handwave the goal he scored where he undressed Nashville's defence, too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3678112

November thread

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Nov 1, 2014

• Locked thread