Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Clash of Cultures is a 4X-style empire builder game by Christian Marcussen that I think is pretty nifty! Players take control of competing civilizations at the dawn of history and try to develop them throughout history. It does a good job of emulating the feel of classic 4X games like Sid Meier's Civilization while avoiding a lot of the pitfalls of the genre--it's relatively streamlined and there is a good balance between cultural development rather than simply being the biggest bully on the block (it is theoretically possible to win even after being wiped out.)

One thing that separates CoC from a lot of its civ-building brethren is that each civilization starts out completely generic, with no distinguishing characteristics or real-world theme. There is an expansion pack, Clash of Cultures: Civilizations, coming in the near future that will change this. But I'm still new to CoC (having only been introduced by Stelas's ongoing PBF) and the base game is shiny enough for me, so rather than waiting and learning a bunch of new stuff I've decided to get another forum game going.

Speaking of Stelas, I've ganked his condensed rule sheet to help get a quick overview of the game. Thanks Stelas! The complete rulebook is also available in PDF form if you want to get into the details.

I am looking for four players (preferably ones who aren't playing in the other thread already) who can commit to actively participating for what is likely to be at least 3-4 months. PMs are required for sharing the contents of player hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread