Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Riker.
Hairy
Shaved
View Results

• Locked thread
VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Tumble posted:

Reading goon opinions on facial hair is like listening to assistant managers at Wal-Mart talk about what the best luxury car is.

Quit eavesdropping on us and get back to work rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MantisToboggan
Feb 1, 2013
Nah, my opinion is the best. Trixie Hardcore, as the sole female goon, will you back me up on this?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Juicy jheri curls that should be kept away from open flames

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Trixie Hardcore posted:

The result of the original poll was "goons will watch star trek episodes no matter what so their opinions are invalid". The last thread was comprehensive enough to make this thread completely unnecessary and I don't have the energy to make elaborate jokes about Riker's beard for pages and pages again.

Here are thread titles you should have used:

Will Riker: Hairy or Shaved 2: Electric Commanderloo

Will Riker: Hairy or Shaved 2: The Wrath of Khan

Beard Wars: The Patriarchy Strikes Back

Oh, word?!

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Riker is cool. Beard is better. Shaved is a little too eager.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Stubbly because it hurts just a little bit.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
<- hairy chin with some regularly scheduled maintenance

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
No hair is kind of creepy but full hair is like doing a tour in Vietnam.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Mariana Horchata posted:

<- hairy chin with some regularly scheduled maintenance

pics?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I just love Will Riker. All shapes and sizes, hairy or not, I care not for these things so much as the content of their character.
I have been to Risa and Orion, and I have seen the promised land.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Yivgev posted:

star trek are gross

Yeah I don't even know. They act like they expect me to think they're all futuristic and civilized and stuff, but if they're so advanced how come Picard is still bald???

Maybe the truth is that the future aren't as great as they think!111

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
Also the correct answer is braided OP you dumb poo poo

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

people who don't like star trek are hosed up weirdos OP, and should be executed imo. sci-fi is an important part of the modern world, and sci-fi is smelly and ugly when dystopian. thanks, you can close the thread now

Seriously, there is always that one weird contrarian hippie person who really strongly argues in favor of The Original Series and The Animated Series and never brushing your teeth or wiping your rear end. Why is there always that one weird disgusting hippie? It is like a trekkie archetype.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

is Riker on a paleo diet thing too?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoOfjGqo5EY

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
Both ways are fine, if you ask me. They have their merits.

Don't expect him to have a big beard and then get straight to the good episodes, though. No no no. Off to Encounter at Farpoint with you. No quickie episodes either. Seasons one AND two.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Refusing all Riker seems like a resentful way of lashing out at the world or something

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

I like my riker like i like my pussy, trimmed but with a hairless friend. qtiyd

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Why in hell is shaved winning. Shaved Riker was a weird creep who dates holodeck women. Beard Riker is a fun laid back dude who plays trombone and owns at poker.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Riker's beard so good, Data grew one.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
This thread went from zero to hero as quickly as Riker between season's one and two.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
I think beards are generally gross, but Riker just doesn't look right without one. I am in a hell of my own design.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

space cooters

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Alas Boobylon posted:

the worst is when a commander has no hair at all naturally you're like get away from me you loving mollusk

Lurk more

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

don't make this thread about women you loving heteros

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Alas Boobylon posted:

the worst is when a commander has no hair at all naturally you're like get away from me you loving mollusk

A hot bald chick is still hot you goof

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Voted beardless Riker, but thought better of it. Thank God the vote isn't close, not sure how I'd have lived myself if beardless Riker won the opinion poll of my fellow GBS denizens.

donut
Feb 4, 2001

I can't just commit to one configuration.

Tonsured
Jan 14, 2005

I came across mention of a Gnostic codex called The Unreal God and the Aspects of His Nonexistent Universe, an idea which reduced me to helpless laughter. What kind of person would write about something that he knows doesn't exist, and how can something that doesn't exist have aspects?
Beard is obviously the only choice. This is the most disappointed in something awful I've ever been. Even Picard didn't like beardless Riker.

Tonsured fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Oct 14, 2014

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
I had an "emergency IT" call a few days ago and it was in some swanky hotel ballroom. the only person left there was a security guard in a tuxedo or something. he was watching star trek really loud. im almost afraid to type this out because he might be here and he'll definitely know exactly who I was and might get like, pissed off

because im insinuating he is a loser

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

donut posted:

I can't just commit to one configuration.

what the...

DragonKeeper
Aug 4, 2004
MOLE GAVE ME THIS ACCOUNT OK GUYS

Code Jockey posted:

what the...

Joke's on you, that's not really Will Riker.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

Delsaber posted:

O'Brien will never be goldmined. However, if there's ever a Commander Riker thread, it'll be goldmined within three pages.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

gently caress that was a depressing moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
No beard

Beard

It's too tough to decide.

• Locked thread