Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Werix posted:

Okay, the way I'm leaning right now is this:

Game system: FFG Black Crusade

Exp level: likely enough for advanced archetypes +500-1k exp. Use corruption and infamy values from like page 25 of the core book for advanced starts.

Where I am also hanging at is group make up. One of the lessons I've learned the last 6 years is that mixed groups are difficult to GM, especially with combat. So I am NOT going to do a mixed group. So either you're all humans or all marines. I am leaning making you all humans, as there is more variety in what you can be and do, but I can be persuaded if most of you want to do marines.

Things are still way early stage, but given Aethun is Alpha Legion, gave your current party the ship, and Corvax is Alpha Legion, I am leaning towards everyone in the group being human Alpha Legion infiltrators. Are you working for Aethun? Has Corvax called in Legion favors to have you come in and root out Aethun loyalists? Has the greater Legion gotten sick of Aethun and/or Corvax not pulling the party line and sent you in to observe and report? All three? It would still mostly be the group doing missions on behalf of your current PCs, with added dead drops and paranoia.

I'm down for humans only.

I like the idea of being from the greater Alpha Legion or from any of the four princes. Hell, you could have people decide who sent them and have a situation where the entire party are spies for different people. We're there to observe and report since our original PCs are now a rogue element that clearly aren't interested in directly siding with any of the four princes except so far as it furthers their own plans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

Jolinaxas posted:

I'm totally down with humans. So with 1k extra, that'd be 12 infamy, 18 corruption I think?

While cute in a Death Note "my trap is hidden inside your trap, which I mind-wiped from me so I could trap you" fashion, this is precisely why I didn't play Corvax as a typical AL member. =)

Which I greatly appreciated. Know it all masterminds are insufferable.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I have no interest in a human only game. 40k, esp on the chaos side, has way more to offer me than being slotted into playing joe notaheretic 1488. Joe totally a heretic only gets a lil more interesting for me.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Well what is it about an astartes that is more interesting than a heretic? Like I said, I'm fine doing the game as all astartes too. I would disagree that chaos astartes are inherently more interesting than heretics, though that always comes down to the effort put in.

A human heretic can be played as a dull gruff shootmans, just like an Astartes can be played with a long backstory justifying their allure to the Chaos Gods and have deep character flaws.

Human heretics can inherently have more variation to them. With astartes I find, the Legion traits can sort of subsume individual character. Again, this group has been really good at subverting that with Corvax and Octuv. But for every one of them there is a player who does a Khorne Berserker one note, or an Alpharius alpha legion guy, or a Night Lord defined by being a sneak man. The inherent problem is with Astartes essentially being kidnapped as kids and turned into shootmans. It makes it harder, though not impossible, to stand out from the legion archetype.

Human heretics have a lot more ways to develop character out of the gate. Is the heretic with the chainsword a former guardsman that fell to Nurge after a gas attack? Maybe a noble that was engaged in illegal duels that got a taste for blood and Khorne? It leans itself more easily to broader characters.

Lastly Humans open up a lot of game opportunities. Having full astartes or a mixed group can make non combat options to tackle problems more difficult. How many times have we been in mixed games where the space marine has to take off his armor to sneak around or blend in with the humans for something?

I do mean this to be a collaborative process after six years. I will go whichever way the majority of you want as long as it isn't a mixed group. The whole being alpha legion human agents thing isnt set in stone. You can be a bunch of chaos marines banding together to rise in the ranks and maybe even overthrow the current PCs. I do think this is a good arc to end on and switch gears.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
We could ditch the infiltrator angle and just be a general hodgepodge of people attracted from across the Vortex to serve the newest and hottest warlords on the block, if that's the problem. I'm more enthusiastic about humans than CSMs, though.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

The main issue with humans is it kinda pushes the infiltrator angle, which is fine but most of the mutations are freakshow stuff that Dash dodged by pure luck. Unless Illusion of normality is a tier 3 unaligned purchase.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Okay so I have boiled it down to two proposals, and I will leave it up to a vote, with a tie going towards the humans. If you all want to vote secret ballot style, either PM me if you have them, or send me a message on Discord.

Proposal 1: all human squad.

The Alpha Legion is everywhere. Unlike any other Legion, save the Word Bearers, the Alpha Legion has regularly used human auxiliaries in ways other than ablative armor. The Alpha Legion are experts on the creation of human sleeper agents, those loyal to them who are seeded on worlds across the galaxy to either create cults and secret armies waiting to be triggered, or individual agents tasked with getting into position and waiting to be activated.

This activity occurs not just on worlds of the Imperium, but also worlds under them purview of the forces of Chaos. That is where all of you come in. You were all sleeper agents recruited by the Alpha Legion. How you were recruited was varied, some of you may have been born into it, having had parents who were sleeper agents, maybe you were captured and only allowed to live if you agreed to be a sleeper, whatever the cause, you were all sleeper agents until two months ago.

You all received the following missive at your dead drop:

Activation Order Theron. Head to enclosed coordinates. Await other assets. Asset identification Phrase is to query "Seems like it is going to rain today." Response is "Better bring in the grox." Mission is a s follows:

1. Assets to devise shared group background identity. Cultists, members of a warband, mercenaries all acceptable.
2. Assets to travel to pirate prince station that formerly belonged to Lord Musing.
3. Assets are to infiltrate and become member of warband led by Alpha Legion Marine Corvax. Captain of the Ship Abominable Sovereign.
4. Assets are to feign loyalty to warband. Report on all warband activity.
5. Assets are to gather information as to loyalty of Corvax in relation to Alpha Legion Daemon Prince of Tzeentch Aethun.
6. Assets may be provided with other assignments via dead drop or other means.

Each missive contained the location of a backwater station, the name of a mass conveyance to take them from the backwater station to Lord Musing's old estate, and the location of two dead drops on Musing's station. One to report on all of Corvax's activity, and another dead drop individual to that "asset". The group gathered at the backwater station, and began to concoct their cover story.

Archetypes: All human Archetypes allowed, including all advanced archetypes from the tomes.
Starting EXP: 5600. If you take an advanced archetype it costs 4600 exp.
Starting Corruption and infamy: 25 corruption and 15 infamy
Starting gear: Same as in book.
Alignment: If you pick a class with a starting alignment, you must maintain that alignment. If you pick one that is unaligned, you may choose a starting alignment if you wish. If you start unaligned, at every 1000 exp threshold you may choose to pick an alignment, but again, once you are aligned, you stay that alignment, the gods disfavor those who swing in alignment. Essentially, if you choose unaligned, you get to benefit from being allied for EXP costs until you decide to take an alignment. We won't be doing it based on advances.
Nurgle Sorcerers: If you are a Nurgle psyker of some type, treat Willpower as allied, and Intelligence as opposed for EXP purposes so you don't get dicked by casting.

Proposal 2: all marines

You are all that remains of the Word Bearer's 23rd Host. Unlike many units of Word Bearers, the 23rd host was more combat oriented than others. While most other hosts will try and convert a populace or seed cults within a target planet first, the 23rd host would always descend upon a world and crush the population until those that survived threw themselves at the feet of the 23rd Host and begged for mercy. It was conversion by show of force.

Unlike many other Word Bearer hosts, the 23rd actively encouraged its members to give into the passions of the Gods, and had a large number of Plague Marines, Noise Marines, and Khorne Berserkers. It would then deploy these units tactically. They even attracted members of other warbands and legions, with the 23rd Host counting among its number Sorcerers of the Thousand Sons who would bolster their units with daemons, and Night Lord assault troops that would wait until the favored of Khorne were engaged with the enemy and raptor strike in next to them, shattering unit morale.

The 23rd host was engaged in action on a hive world in the Calaxis sector when Imperial forces abandoned the action. The 23rd host was smart enough to know that they had not destroyed the Imperial forces. The cause of the retreat became clear when the vanguard organisms had been found below the surface. Unbeknownst to the 23rd host a hive fleet was closing in on the sector, and this world was lousy with genestealers. The imperial forces left the planet as a tomb for the 23rd host.

Between the embattled PDF that remained and the Genestealer cult uprising, the 23rd host was in no shape when the Hive Fleet arrived. The shadow in the warp made summoning more daemons and escape nigh impossible. One of the Sorcerers devised a plan to make a ritual powerful enough to penetrate the shadow in the warp, but it required a mass sacrifice, and destination was not guaranteed. The Dark Apostle leading the host accented, and most of the Host, along with their human auxiliaries and thousands of captured civilians, were sacrificed so only a few could survive.

The handful that survived were flung to Q'Sal in the Screaming Vortex. From there they heard of a warband that was gaining notoriety. A warband that seemed to lack proper spiritual guidance. The survivors decided to put their lot in with this warband, and departed Q'Sal to join the warband of the Abominable Sovereign on a space station they recently acquired. From there they could bide their time and recover their lost power. Would the survivors of the 23rd host bring the host back to glory, die in obscurity, or abandon their former lives to become the spiritual hearts of this new warband? Only Tzeentch knew.

Archetypes: All marine Archetypes allowed, including all advanced archetypes from the tomes. You are a Word Bearer host, but one that was freely open to other warbands, so if you want to be an Alpha Legion or Night Lord you can. However, any of the other non-legion specific archetypes like Plague Marine or VotLW I will kind of expect to have been Word Bearers that allied with a ruinous power. You don't have to be a prayer mumbling creep, but at least play some lip service to being a Word Bearer.
Starting EXP: 4600. If you take an advanced archetype it costs 3600 exp.
Starting Corruption and infamy: 20 corruption and 12 infamy
Starting gear: Same as in book.
Alignment: If you pick a class with a starting alignment, you must maintain that alignment. If you pick one that is unaligned, you may choose a starting alignment if you wish. If you start unaligned, at every 1000 exp threshold you may choose to pick an alignment, but again, once you are aligned, you stay that alignment, the gods disfavor those who swing in alignment. Essentially, if you choose unaligned, you get to benefit from being allied for EXP costs until you decide to take an alignment. We won't be doing it based on advances.
Nurgle Sorcerers: If you are a Nurgle psyker of some type, treat Willpower as allied, and Intelligence as opposed for EXP purposes so you don't get dicked by casting.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

I like the former, can do the latter, but uh, what happens to our old PCs (now NPCs) in-game? Do we get trusted to RP them as unstatted NPCs saying stuff, etc? I can't imagine my ex-PC being thrilled by more drat astartes that could crush him like a bug and would do for for being mildly annoyed at him.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Ronwayne posted:

I like the former, can do the latter, but uh, what happens to our old PCs (now NPCs) in-game? Do we get trusted to RP them as unstatted NPCs saying stuff, etc? I can't imagine my ex-PC being thrilled by more drat astartes that could crush him like a bug and would do for for being mildly annoyed at him.

I was likely going to play them as NPCs with the occasional question about big picture directions that the warband would take. I think it is a more interesting narrative shift to suddenly be faced with the characters you had played now being a part of the game world and reacting in ways I think is most consistent with their prior characters without you directly controlling how they now react to your new characters.

When I made the comparison to Borderlands 2 before, I wasn't kidding. I always liked how in that game you played new characters while the playable characters from the first Borderlands became part of that world. You'll get to experience them from a different perspective. Believe me, regardless of which path you take, you likely weren't going to be having direct contact with Dash, Rebel, Vincent, Octuv, or Corvax for quite some time. The notoriety of the crew of the Sovereign is drawing the attention of a lot of those who would hope to join the warband like the warband has never seen, so even a small group of astartes showing up is just one of another group of astartes. The Sovereign itself, along with the command crew will also be spending a lot of time away from their new home still doing more things around the vortex to gain notoriety.

Much of your early game either way is going to involve dealing with power struggles among different factions flocking to the station, trying to carve out your niche, engaging in missions and tasks to rebuild and improve the station. Very much the first phases are going to be more of a focus on bullshit counter-productive Chaos backstabbing and infighting than I have focused on in previous games. Eventually you'd get enough local notoriety that maybe you get an order through an intermediary serving the command staff to go do some mission for them that should succeed but is too small for them to worry about.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Okay, I'm totally down with them being like B1 guys in B2. I know its probably a bad idea to get attached to ex-pcs, but I just had an image of another player snuffing Dash because hey, free plasma gun or w/e and me being very... :reject:

Oh, to clarify, I'm voting for the human auxiliaries option.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution
Voting for the human option as well.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Humans, yep.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
No real preference, happy to go with the group on this

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Well that seems to be majority rule. So everyone go ahead and make your characters and post them here. Once it is all done, I might open things up to try and find some new players. I'm debating if I should shut down the old game thread and this OOC thread and start anew, or keep things in the old thread for posterity's sake.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

New threads with links to the old in the opening post, but I understand the sentimentality for a...7 year old game?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

gently caress humans for the record

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Werix posted:

Well what is it about an astartes that is more interesting than a heretic? Like I said, I'm fine doing the game as all astartes too. I would disagree that chaos astartes are inherently more interesting than heretics, though that always comes down to the effort put in.

A human heretic can be played as a dull gruff shootmans, just like an Astartes can be played with a long backstory justifying their allure to the Chaos Gods and have deep character flaws.

Human heretics can inherently have more variation to them. With astartes I find, the Legion traits can sort of subsume individual character. Again, this group has been really good at subverting that with Corvax and Octuv. But for every one of them there is a player who does a Khorne Berserker one note, or an Alpharius alpha legion guy, or a Night Lord defined by being a sneak man. The inherent problem is with Astartes essentially being kidnapped as kids and turned into shootmans. It makes it harder, though not impossible, to stand out from the legion archetype.

Human heretics have a lot more ways to develop character out of the gate. Is the heretic with the chainsword a former guardsman that fell to Nurge after a gas attack? Maybe a noble that was engaged in illegal duels that got a taste for blood and Khorne? It leans itself more easily to broader characters.

Lastly Humans open up a lot of game opportunities. Having full astartes or a mixed group can make non combat options to tackle problems more difficult. How many times have we been in mixed games where the space marine has to take off his armor to sneak around or blend in with the humans for something?

I do mean this to be a collaborative process after six years. I will go whichever way the majority of you want as long as it isn't a mixed group. The whole being alpha legion human agents thing isnt set in stone. You can be a bunch of chaos marines banding together to rise in the ranks and maybe even overthrow the current PCs. I do think this is a good arc to end on and switch gears.

All of what you had to say makes sense. That said half the reason I liked playing Astartes is I liked humanizing them and making them work in a world of people. They don't belong, but I like making it work anyway. The combat stuff is the combat stuff, whatever tbqh, but I like playing that one hardass who can take on more than his fair share. In a shadowrun game it might be some cyborg duder for the fighting or some thief whose also p handy behind a wheel. For 40k, all is loving war apparently and the Astartes seems to fit that role for me. BC's human archetypes were never that exciting to me. I can make em work but I'd prefer to do literally anything else at that point.

Anyway you guys seemed like you got your mind made up so I guess this is the only time i really get to bitch about it. I'll gen something if I can find the fucks to give. Thank you.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Are we doing point buy or rolling stats? And if we roll stats, are we doing 9#2d10+25 drop lowest or doing the riskier reroll method from RAW?

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Of course I missed that. I want to do point buy, but it'll be me offering like three arrays to choose from created following the point buy rules. So I'll work on the arrays tonight/this weekend and provide them to you.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Werix posted:

Of course I missed that. I want to do point buy, but it'll be me offering like three arrays to choose from created following the point buy rules. So I'll work on the arrays tonight/this weekend and provide them to you.

Ah forget this. Just do regular point buy. Min-max to your heart's content.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Polix Grimm, Butcher of Q'Sal

Q'sal is built on a foundation of blood and souls. Whenever one of the cities opens to trade, aspiring warlords from across the Vortex swarm there with all the slaves they can afford. In the Pits of Kurse, Polix had been a rising star, on the verge of purchasing his freedom. But Surgub opened its gates, a Pirate Prince offered his owners great riches in return for the mightiest souls they had, and so he ended up in chains on Q'sal. It might have ended there if not for the intervention of the Alpha Legion. In the night before he was to be sacrificed, a power blade was slipped into the bars of his cage by a shadowy figure that simply said, "Do what comes naturally, Polix."

If the sorcerer had been less prideful, perhaps he would've double-checked his sacrifice's bonds to ensure they were still intact. At the climax of the ritual, as the sorcerer raised his aetheme, Polix revealed his own blade and slashed the psyker's throat in one smooth motion. The reversal of fortune completed the ritual, albeit not in the way it was intended, and the daemon that was called forth and channeled into a daemon engine was a Khornate instead. The bindings were intended for a Tzeentchi, and did nothing to prevent the machine from turning on the psykers that surrounded it. In the confusion and chaos that followed, Polix rampaged through the facility, cutting down every Q'salian in his path and freeing slaves. He and those he freed scattered into the depths of the city. The sorcerers were reluctant to follow. Height above the ground was synonymous with authority and power in Surgub, and thus the lower areas of the city were a place for weaklings and fools. The death of the daemon-engine creator and most of his servants had created a power vacuum in the upper city, and no sorcerer was willing to chase down a few hundred slaves and sacrifice his own chance to jockey for position. And really, how much damage could non-psykers cause?

831 dead psykers later, they realized their mistake. The Khornates that had escaped into their city were difficult to track with psychic powers, had no fear of death, and considered any chance to kill Tzeentch worshipers a high honor. Rumors began to circulate about the Butcher of Q'sal. They said he had disarmed bodyguards and warriors, adding their warp-powered weaponry to his own without hesitation. They said he was blessed by Khorne, and his crackling power blade cut through anything with supernatural ease, even as the overtuned power generator of the weapon singed the flesh of his hand. And there were rumors of others lurking in the shadows who ensured the Khornate rebels were always a step ahead of their hunters.

It all ended in time, of course. Most of the slaves were hunted down, and examples were made. Soon only Polix remained. He would have perished too had a blue-and-green Astartes not gunned down a Screamer sent to hunt him. The Space Marine extended one hand. "I offer a reward for your service," he boomed. "I am Alpharius. My work here is done, as is yours. I could leave you to perish, but you have potential. Will you follow me and serve a higher cause?"

Polix shrugged. "I care not how the blood flows, only that it continues to. Point me at a target and its head is yours." The Marine laughed and motioned for him to follow. There was work to be done.

quote:

Name: Polix Grimm
Archetype: Renegade
Alignment: Khorne
Pride: Wealth
Disgrace: Destruction
Motivation: Vengeance

Characteristics:

WS: 51 (18 +3 Archetype +5 Advance)
BS: 45 (17 +3 Archetype)
S: 40 (15)
T: 40 (15)
Agi: 42 (17)
Int: 25
Per: 30 (10 -5 Motivation)
WP: 30 (8 -3 Pride)
Fel: 21 (-4 Disgrace)

Wounds: 14 (10 +2 +2 Motivation)
Infamy: 42 (19 +1 +15 Archetype +2 Disgrace +5 Advance)
IP: 4/4
CP: 25 (+25 Archetype)

Skills:

Athletics
Awareness
Common Lore (Screaming Vortex, Tech, War)
Dodge +20
Intimidate
Linguistics (Low Gothic)
Medicae
Operate (Aeronautica)
Parry
Scholastic Lore (Tactica Imperialis)
Stealth
Trade (Armourer)

Talents:

Ambidextrous
Blademaster
Catfall
Crippling Strikes
Double Team
Exotic Weapon Training (Q'Sal Crystal Caster)
Jaded
Hip Shooting
Lightning Attack
Quick Draw
Marksman
Rapid Reload
Resistance (Psychic Powers)
Sidearm
Swift Attack
Two-Weapon Wielder (Melee, Ranged)
Weapon Training (Chain, Las, Primary, SP, Flame, Bolt, Power)

Traits/Mutations/Other:

Brutal Charge (4)
The Quick and the Dead
Unnatural Strength (+2)

Adroit (WS)

Multiple Limbs (3)
Mark of Khorne

Gear:

Q'Sal Crystal Caster (RDLS)
GC Power Blade (Storm Field)
GC Boltgun
Bolt Pistol
Power Mace
Light Power Armor
--Remnants of Mutation (Additional Limb)
-Sustainable Power Source
-Auto-Senses
-Osmotic Gill Life Sustainer
-Helmet Augmentations (Preysense, Rebreather, Photovisor, Voxcaster, Microbead)
Light Carapace
Medikit
Dataslate (Annotated Tactica Imperialis)

Acquisitions:

GC Power Blade w/ Storm Field (-20 Very Rare +20 Wealth +10 Single -10 GC -10 Upgrade)
Q'sal Crystal Caster w/ RDLS (-10 Rare +10 Single -10 Upgrade)
Light Power Armor (-20 Very Rare +10 Single)
GC Jump Pack (-10 Rare -10 GC +10 Single)
GC Helmet Augmentations (-10 Rare -10 GC +10 Single)

XP Spent 5600/5600

Infamy +5-500
Ambidextrous-250
Exotic Weapon Training (Q'sal Crystal Caster)-500
Two-Weapon Wielder (Ranged)-500
Dodge +20-500
Weapon Skill +5-250
Crippling Strikes-500
---Aligns Khorne (3000)---
Two-Weapon Wielder (Melee)-500
Sidearm-750
Swift Attack-300
Lightning Attack-400
Blademaster-400
Weapon Training (Power)-250
Wounds, Infamy, Power Armor Customization (Extra dice in case of Astartes results): 1d5 2 1d5 1 3#1d10 9 5 4

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jun 1, 2019

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Dachshund, you got a 13 on the Reward Test so you get a reward of Khorne. The roll for that is 87, so you get a Mark of Khorne right off the bat. So you get Resistance (psychic powers) Brutal Charge Trait, and Unnatural Strength (+2).

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution
Amirah Kleins, Infiltrator/Epidemiologist

Get tactically inserted into new, exciting places. Encounter new, exciting research specimens and subjects. The "side work" is a little pedestrian - I mean, surreptitiously infecting a planetary governor's son with Listeria Messiae so that other agents can blackmail Dad with the cure is novel... the first time. But the opportunity to network is great (the Plague Symposium held on Mire's surface was a once-in-a-lifetime experience, literally), and the Hydra are very understanding about... lab issues. I'm working with dangerous things that exist to spread themselves. There's going to be risks, especially in adverse research conditions.

If the Officiae Medicae had understood that, I might still be a good little servant of the Corpse. But a few accidents happen, and it turns out treason is easy when your only other option is a firing squad.

But this highly encrypted dead drop mentions a team. I'm used to occasionally working with other agents on an ad hoc basis, but this is new. At least working among a Chaos warband means I might finally get to examine a Plague Marine. I'm still looking for a sample of 30th-century virus bomb components.

quote:

Archetype: Plaguemeister (+10 Int, +5 Tou)
Pride: Charm (+5 Fel, -5 Tou)
Disgrace: Greed (+4 Corr)
Motivation: Perfection (+5 Int, -3 BS/Per)

Characteristics:
WeS: 34(25+09)
BaS: 25(22+03)
Str: 30(25+05)
Tou: 45(25+15+05)
Agi: 30(25+05)
Int: 60(40+20)
Per: 30(22+08)
Wil: 40(25+15)
Fel: 50(30+20)

Inf: 39 (34 + 5 Rolled)
Wounds: 15 (10 + 5 Rolled)
Corruption: 29 (25+4)

Traits:
Quick and the Dead - +2 Initiative
Blinded by Greed - -10 to Commerce
Wretched Tally - May catalog Nurgle phenomenon and gain bonuses to working with them.
Malevolent Generosity - May spend IP when healing with Medicae to heal more at a cost.

Talents:
Unremarkable
Foresight
Furious Assault
Hardy
Jaded
Lightning Reflexes
Mimic
Paranoia
Quick Draw
Resistance (Poisons, Fear)
Street Fighting
Total Recall
Unshakeable Will
Weapon Training (Primary, Chain, Power, Las)
Master Chirurgeon

Skills:
Awareness
Charm
CL: Administratum, Imperium, Tech, Vortex
Commerce
+Deceive
Dodge
FL: Heresy, The Warp, Archaeotech
+Inquiry
+Interrogation
+Intimidate
Ling: Low Gothic
++Medicae
SL: +Chymistry, +Beasts
Stealth
Survival
Tech-Use
Trade: Archaeologist

Base Gear:
GC Laspistol, 2 Clips
CC Power Blade
Light Carapace Armor
Injector, Medi-Kit, Filtration Plugs, Dataslate
5 Doses of Enfeeble

Acquisitions:
+GC Blade-Tines
+Forgery Kit
+GC Embedded Auspex

Gifts of the Gods:
Strange Walk
Infernal Will

XP: 0 Remaining
4600: Plaguemeister
N400: Master Chirurgeon
N400: Medicae+20
N100: Tou+5
N100: Survival

wounds, infamy: 2#1d5 5 5

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at 19:14 on May 5, 2019

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Selene Montecriste

Painting commissioned by Selene to hang in her offices.

Attorney for hire. That's how I always started and ended every advertisement. Spend enough time studying the billions of pages of laws and regulations guiding the Imperium and you find there are plenty of loopholes eager to be exploited. Are you a crime boss that needs to open up a front business to launder your gains? Look no further! Murdered your rival in cold blood? I can help! Cult leader looking for the right wheels to grease to avoid scrutiny? I know just who to talk to! Usually my clients are those with whom few of any moral fiber would willingly associate. Luckily for them I have the knowledge to get them out of trouble and lack the scruples to do it for pay. Things were great until the damnable Inquisition swooped in and nabbed the head of the Steckland crime syndicate from my office. The syndicate believed, very strongly I should say, that I tipped off Inquisitor Alventor. Needing protection, I quickly sent out feelers to some of my previous clients.

So when Helga Vilmun showed up at my offices, provided the right phrase, and asked for an "off the record" discussion, I knew just what to do. Down to the shielded and hidden rooms beneath my office to talk business without fear of being overheard. She brought an offer of protection in exchange for becoming an agent of Aethun. She said all that would be required would be to follow orders if they ever came, but assured me that was unlikely. Not an easy decision, but the outcome seemed likely to be less horrible than what the Stecklands promised to do to me. Agreement in place, she left and a few hours later the whole syndicate ended up washing into the underhive, dead as can be.

Well, she was wrong about the orders. A few years later and now I've been summoned to join some warband and report their loyalty to Aethun. Hopefully my assistants can handle the practice until I return.

Going to need one gift, Werix. Might have to retool this depending on the gift.

quote:

Name: Selene Montecriste
Archetype: Apostate
Pride: Charm
Disgrace: Regret
Motivation: Arcane

Characteristics:
WS: 25
BS: 50 (45 + 5 Advance)
S: 22 (25 – 3 Motivation)
T: 30 (35 – 5 Pride)
Ag: 40
Int:47 (45 + 2 Motivation)
Per:30
WP: 40 (35 + 5 Advance)
Fel:60 (45 + 5 Class + 5 Pride + 5 Advance)
Inf:37
Infamy/Wounds Roll
Wounds: 10/10
Corruption: 39

Skills:
Awareness
Charm +20
Command
Commerce
Common Lore (Administratum, Arbites)
Deceive +20
Dodge +20
Forbidden Lore (Adeptus Mechanicus, Archaeotech, Inquisition)
Inquiry +10
Linguistics (Low Gothic, High Gothic)
Parry
Scholastic Lore (Bureaucracy, Inquisition, Judgment)
Stealth
Trade (Crytopgraphy)

Talents:
Air of Authority
Exotic Weapon Training (Q’sal Crystal Caster)
Hatred (Adeptus Mechanicus)
Inspire Wrath
Marksman
Mighty Shot
Mimic
Peer (Planetary Governors)
Radiant Presence
Step Aside
Total Recall
Unshakeable Will
Weapon Training (Las, Power, Primary)

Traits:
Quick and the Dead
Serpent’s Tongue

Gear:
Q’sal Crystal Caster w/ RDLS (-10 Rare, +10 Single, -10 Upgrade)
Heavy Carapace Armor (-20 V. Rare, +10 Single)
Forgery Kit (-20 Rare, +10 Single)
GC Laspistol
Power blade
Guard Flak Armor
Chaos Pendant
Unholy Tomes

5600/5600 XP spent
Ballistic Skill +5 (250)
Intelligence +5 (250)
Linguistics (High Gothic) (200)
Exotic Weapon Training (QCC) (500)
Marksman (500)
Parry (200)
Step Aside (750)
Mighty Shot (750)
Alignment shift to Slaanesh
Fellowship +5 (100)
Deceive ++ (400)
Charm ++ (600)
Dodge ++ (600)
Willpower +5 (250)
Weapon Training (Power) (250)

Alignment: Slaanesh

Gifts:
Steel Hearted

Olanphonia fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Jun 4, 2019

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Chrome

A former member of the Adeptus Arbites, Chrome discovered her latent psychic abilities during a raid on a group of cultists went wrong, by Chrome nicking a cursed power blade. Apparently it was intended for use in an Alpha Legion assassin and had a daemon in it, but the binding wasn’t complete. It could have been any of the Arbites who were drawn to the blade, but it was Chrome first in to clear the room. Naturally when you get a surprise dose of daemonette, things get a bit weird. When Chrome awoke next, all of her comrades were slaughtered; her carapace armour was practically shredded but she was still alive, albeit wounded; and there was an Alpha Legion Marine in a suit by the name of Solomon offering her a deal: join or die. It’s the only way to stay alive long enough to exorcise this Daemonette, who calls herself Sassy Fuegobutt, out of her.

Problem is, she kinda likes this now. When you have absolutely nothing, you are free to do anything. The Emperor has forsaken her to be damned, her who had killed hundreds of innocents in his name for the crime of wanting to be free, for questioning corruption and stagnancy, for trying to uplift themselves. So now she indulgences her every whim, whether it be a chemical indulgence, a murderous hunt in the streets, or, and this is her personal favorite, ripping the minds of those she scans within the ground and have deemed guilty.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 16:18 on May 23, 2019

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

A Third blonde has entered the thread :frogsiren: Suggested team name: Basic Legion.

Threedee

"The vig has come, Sandoros, what do you have to offer us this season?"

<I KNOW JUST THE ONE, ONLY MILDLY LEARNING IMPAIRED>

"Are you trying to sell me your left over corpse servitors?"

<I HAD TO PROCESS A THOUSAND GUARD CORPSES BEFORE DECOMPOSITION SET IN. AFTER WE WERE DONE I REALIZED WE HAD PUT IN ONE OF THE...>

"Yes?"

<ONE OF THE PRIMO PROCESSING UNITS. THE ONE THAT GOES IN PEOPLE THAT MATTER TO MAKE THEM SMARTER>

"I see..."

<AND THEN IT HOPPED OFF THE TABLE AND RAN OFF>

"..."

<SO YOU WANT AN INFILTRATOR? BECAUSE BITCH HAS BE LIVING IN THE VENTS FOR THE LAST THREE WEEKS AND COMING OUT TO STEAL MY GROX JERKY.>

"And you think your debt, would be settled by..."

<YES, AND HELL, SHE'LL PROBABLY GO WITH YOU IF YOU ASK.>

*clang* "I probably would!"

"..."

"I also got a mecha tail coming out of my rear end with a plasma gun welded to it!"

"You know what, fine..."

<THE BEST SOLUTIONS ARE OFTEN FOUND BY EVERYONE INVOLVED NO LONGER CARING OR GIVING A poo poo ANYMORE.>

"Yup." "Hell yeah!

quote:

Name: 3D-PD
Archetype: Heretek
Pride: Beauty
Disgrace: Wrath
Motivation: Immortality

Characteristics:

WS 20=25-5 Immortality
BS 50=25+20+5exp
STR 30=25+5
TOU 30=25+5
AGI 50=25+20+5exp
INT 45=25+15+5heretek
PER 50=25+20+5wrath
WIL 34=25+15-2 wrath-4 beauty
FEL 40=25+15
INF 40=19+4+15+2beauty
Cor 26=25+1Cold Hearted

Armor: 12=6 Heavy Carapace+2 Armor Monger+4 Mech Assimilation
Wounds: 18=17-1+2

infamy roll: http://orokos.com/roll/730054
wounds: http://orokos.com/roll/730055 -1 wounds wrath

Skills:

common lore Imperium, Imperial Guard, ad-mech, tech
ling low gothic
trade armorer
logic
tech-use+10
dodge
FL: Archeotech
SL: Chymistry
security
parry
medicae
awareness
acrobatics
stealth
sleight of hang
scrutiny
security
athletics
survival

Talents:

Die hard
Tech Knock
WT Las, Primary, Shock, Plasma
Mechadendrite (Ballistic)
Meditation
Armor Monger
Cold Hearted
Enemy Ad Mech
ambidex
two weapon wielder
gunslinger
step aside
wt (Las, primary, shock, bolt, plasma)
quickdraw

Traits:

Quick and the Dead
Mechanicus Implants

Gear:

longlas
bq plasma pistol w/cursed metal
bolt pistol
heavy carapace
g.q. cranial implants
g.q. embedded auspex
black blood
mech assimilation x4
unholy unguents
combi-tool
data slate
Ballistic Mechandentride w/ las pistol

acquisitions:

(From power axe trade in: ) best quality plasma pistol -20 +10 single -20 bq +10 cursed metal
(from light carapace trade in) long las
aq 1: mech assimilation x 4
aq 2: heavy carapace
aq 3: black blood
aq 4: bolt pistol
gq cyber1: cranial implants
gq cyber2: embedded auspex

Alignment: None

Gifts:

Icon of Blasphemy
Projectile Attack

exp purchases 5450/5600

security 200
parry 200
medicae 200
awareness 200
acrobatics 200
stealth 200
slieght of hand 200
scrutiny 200
security 200
Athletics 200
Survival 200

agi+5 250
bs+5 250

ambidex 250
two weapon 500
gunslinger 750
step aside 750
wt bolt 250
quickdraw 250

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 01:28 on May 31, 2019

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Okay folks. We will begin this new adventure this weekend, likely Sunday. For ease of things not getting lost in archives, we will just continue to post in the old thread.

Now I have a bit of character development I want each of you to do. Either through forums PM, or via discord if you don't have messages, I want you to send me three rumors about your character. I want two of the rumors to be true, and one false, and tell me which is the false one. They have to be realistic, like no "I killed a daemon prince" single handedly, but they can also be mundane. I leave it to you.

I'm then going to distribute them to the other players as information they've learned about their new cell mates and to build impressions beyond your background fluff.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Sent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
It is time!

The rumors on your cell mates will be coming to you shortly. To avoid confusion, please include in all your posts a character name with a url link back to your sheet here, and leave the OPs in the core game thread with your old sheets there for future reference.