Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

Xaris posted:

it was actually really bad. i think someone made a big post about how bad it was in dnd and smg rushes to it's defense despite having not seen it in like 10 years and not remembering any of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

california roll
Feb 23, 2009
wuts I'm the box lol

naem
May 29, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Gwenyth Paltrow is an idiot-primadonna and the best part of the movie is what happened to her and the only tragedy in the entire universe is that it didn't actually happen.

Ok but I would bend her over and put my weener in there given permission

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
i don't understand being angry with gwyneth - she's incredibly edible

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

do you think he killed their dogs as well? :(

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
zodiac is under watched that movie rules.

reminder that gone girl is a piece of poo poo with cornball dialogue and a garbage idiot plot

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
I remember reading something about how the writer was constantly having to fight for the ending when the studio kept on wanting to rewrite it so the hero cops burst in and save Gwyneth Paltrow from Evilman etc etc and eventually told them, "Look, when we're all dead some guy is trying to tell someone about this movie that came out a long time ago the only way they're going to remember it is 'the head in the box movie' so please let's just make a movie that people talk about every once in a while" so I guess he was right(???)

I like all of Fincher's stuff though so I'll probably even like Gone Girl.

toggle posted:

do you think he killed their dogs as well? :(

Nah they're eating the headless lady in their dirty newspaper room.

Ah Map
Oct 9, 2012
I would give it se7en out of t10n for humourous purposes and 3 out of 10 because its pretty lovely apart from the sloth death which was scary.If I had to pick one David Fincher serial killer movie it would be Zodiac, and if I had to pick one Bradley Pitt serial killer movie it would still to be 7 because it's still better than Kalifornia.

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001
Brad Pitt means Wide Dick in Swedish, fun fact

Reset_Smith
Apr 9, 2009

It's SQUARE, motherfuck!
Se7en could've been great if it had a real director like Joel Schumacher or the guy who did Kangaroo Jack.

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
I went to see Se7en and The Usual Suspects as a double-feature when it came out. It was fun thinking that Kaiser Soze went on to take some kind of crazy revenge on all the people in Se7en once he lost control of his criminal empire.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Give Pat a Job posted:

I went to see Se7en and The Usual Suspects as a double-feature when it came out. It was fun thinking that Kaiser Soze went on to take some kind of crazy revenge on all the people in Se7en once he lost control of his criminal empire.

then watch american beauty and pretend he lived after seven

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Give Pat a Job posted:

Xaris posted:

No, K-pax should be the canonical prequel to Se7en

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Se7en is a gimmick film, well made, but basically a dark reworking of The Abominable Dr Phibes.

Phibes is loving terrific.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Sir Nose posted:

Se7en is a gimmick film, well made, but basically a dark reworking of The Abominable Dr Phibes.

This sounds like art-school hipster poo poo.

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.

Xaris posted:

Quickscope420dad posted:

No, K-pax should be the canonical prequel to Se7en

Good ideas for my Kevin Spacey Charity Marathon.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

it was really stupid when he burned his prints off. it just means they could catch him as soon as they found the guy with no prints

edit: why didnt he just wear gloves?

juggalo baby coffin fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Oct 3, 2014

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

it was an ok movie and the ending was garbage

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

girl with the dragon tattoo is cool tho

Incendiary Pig
Nov 3, 2006

Totally out of control
I didn't realize this movie was well-regarded enough to be in the overrated territory. I thought it was a pretty good movie, nothing amazing.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Sir Nose posted:

InterFaced posted:

This sounds like art-school hipster poo poo.

No, I'm just old... I saw Phibes in the theater when it came out, and I enjoyed it very much.

Se7en is OK. I thought it was kinda slow, and I sure didn't understand everybody going on about how depressing and disturbing it was. I've seen much worse.

Sir Nose fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Oct 3, 2014

nowning
Jun 30, 2007
Failed musician
I rewatched it a few weeks ago, having not seen it probably since I was a teenager and, yeah, it doesn't hold up very well.

It would have been great if the story could have all deaths caused directly by the sins, like how Pride and Wrath were done. All of the others are just sadistic gore by a lunatic, but it would have been cleverer for the mastermind to create situations that cause others to commit suicide/homicide because of their propensity to whichever sin is relevant.

The library scenes serve no purpose in the plot - all that late night studying and photocopying achieve precisely nothing. Pitt's muttered line about "every idiot with a library card" is very shoehorned in, and the FBI (CIA?) contact is so convenient.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
what if it was called se8en

Lard on Fork
Feb 22, 2006
I mean I will holler at it
im g7y

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

suck my d7ck

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Munsun posted:

what if it was called se8en
then we would be on a manhunt for an irl homosexual named seben
but you wouldnt know anything about that would you :raise:

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat

nowning posted:

Pitt's muttered line about "every idiot with a library card" is very shoehorned in

I knew I wasn't the only one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

BombiTheZombie posted:

i only watch black and white hammer horror movies on a mactop

this for real but only the colour ones and usually only ones about sexy vampire ladies because you're guaranteed some tit

• Locked thread