Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^
That guy is a master of tech

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
he should ride up and down the urinal row no-hands pissing in all of them

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Woz made some pretty awesome stuff. The Apple II is one of the most important pieces of technology created. That said, Jobs is the one who figured out how to make billions of dollars out of it, so really, who's the genius?

The answer is Woz because Jobs decided to cure his easily curable cancer with voodoo and fruits.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Jose Oquendo posted:

Woz made some pretty awesome stuff. The Apple II is one of the most important pieces of technology created. That said, Jobs is the one who figured out how to make billions of dollars out of it, so really, who's the genius?

The answer is Woz because Jobs decided to cure his easily curable cancer with voodoo and fruits.

A good story is how a young Jobs got Woz to solve complex circuit problem but then lied about the reward so Job could claim most it for himself.

Yup even at a young age you could pretty much tell that Steve Jobs was upper management material.

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

Jose Oquendo posted:

I thought he had pancreatic cancer, and was about to go on a rant about how that is one of the hardest cancer to treat but then it turns out he had a neuroendocrine variant that's potentially curable but he willfully ignored all medical advice and opted for magical tofu

what a colossal retard

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
oh wow! oh wow!

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax
A group of people riding segways wearing helmets looks so goofy.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

etalian posted:

A good story is how a young Jobs got Woz to solve complex circuit problem but then lied about the reward so Job could claim most it for himself.

Yup even at a young age you could pretty much tell that Steve Jobs was upper management material.

Everyone knows that story. They worked at Atari and their boss wanted them to reduce the circuit count or chips or whatever for a game. Steve lied about the money and pocketed most of it. Woz doesn't remember but that's because his brain is swiss cheese.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

Dave Concepcion posted:

I thought he had pancreatic cancer, and was about to go on a rant about how that is one of the hardest cancer to treat but then it turns out he had a neuroendocrine variant that's potentially curable but he willfully ignored all medical advice and opted for magical tofu

what a colossal retard

Jobs' doctor was also a family friend, and he literally cried with joy when giving Jobs the diagnosis because this was the only kind of pancreatic cancer with good treatment and survival options. Imagine his face when Jobs said "Nah, no treatment, I'm going to eat fruit and meditate it away."

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Jose Oquendo posted:

Everyone knows that story. They worked at Atari and their boss wanted them to reduce the circuit count or chips or whatever for a game. Steve lied about the money and pocketed most of it. Woz doesn't remember but that's because his brain is swiss cheese.

ya and now the wozza, the wizza, the segway pissa!!!! is worth $100m and Steve Jobs is worth nothing cuz Jobs is dead

Woz Wins

Tumble fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Oct 5, 2014

Whimsy
Jan 8, 2001

Dave Concepcion posted:

what a colossal retard

Jobs died like his products die: a unibody enclosure without any seams at the expense of easy repair options.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Dave Concepcion posted:

what a colossal retard

Also one of the few good things about SV is it has good medical care options and lots of cutting edge research at places like Stanford/UC Berkley.

However in typical west coast fashion Jobs instead decided to stick with alternative quack cures.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Woz made the best diskette drive. He is kind of insane.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
Even with post plane crash brain damage Woz is still ten times the man Jobs was.

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

lonesomedwarf posted:

if you have a segway and you drive/ride whatever it through an area with a lot of people on segways do they end up following you or is it just is the wozniak guy does it

yes they form a group and charge at each other like rams until a leader is selectd and then they continue on their journey together
families have been torn apart in this manner, patriarchs and matriarchs leaving home and never returning

Rivethead
Feb 22, 2008

Piss drops

all over his segway

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp
intellectual property funneled into the municipal void from atop a self-driven chariot epitomizes consumer tech. urinals are really just terminals used to access the sewers of the collective. sinks are for pissing only when there's already a stallman, and someone is pooping in the only urinal.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
I want to know where steve wozniak would be, on a segway, with some half assed penny pinching bathroom like that one

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
As much as I hate segways, it's nice seeing someone who isn't being coy about the fact they're too lazy to walk.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

bonestructure posted:

Jobs' doctor was also a family friend, and he literally cried with joy when giving Jobs the diagnosis because this was the only kind of pancreatic cancer with good treatment and survival options. Imagine his face when Jobs said "Nah, no treatment, I'm going to eat fruit and meditate it away."

this still makes jobs look like a dick lol

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Izumi Konata posted:

sinks are for pissing only when there's already a stallman

holy crap stallman was there too? what kind of men's room attracts such luminaries?

also if I saw stallman go into a bathroom I'd probably find another one to use because ewwww

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

:woz:

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Whimsy posted:

Jobs died like his products die: a unibody enclosure without any seams at the expense of easy repair options.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Robo Reagan posted:

a tour of a segway seems like it would be pretty short but i guess tourists will pay for anything

my campus had regular segway tours right through the middle of it. it was both hilarious and annoying as gently caress.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

I'd like to imagine that Jobs died cursing his own stupidity, but like most successful corporate sociopaths he seems to have been incapable of rational self doubt

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

bonestructure posted:

wow. ayn rand level stupid here.

lazyman
Jul 2, 2007
huh weird, that's also my password

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

lazyman posted:

huh weird, that's also my password

its my catchphrase when i enter a room

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Frostwerks posted:

this still makes jobs look like a dick lol

know it all west coast techie/rear end in a top hat boss killed by following quack cures instead of medically sound advice.

• Locked thread