Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bunky
Aug 29, 2004

i really want a fuckin ham and cheese omelette right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

bunky posted:

i really want a fuckin ham and cheese omelette right now

come over to my place I'll cook it up

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

gnarlyhotep posted:

come over to my place I'll cook it up

there's a waffle house like 2 minutes away. your house is probably like wicked far

Moosechees
Jun 1, 2002

rawr

Abu Dave posted:

i am not from america i am going to america in a few weeks and i want to eat at a waffle house i heard its a great american restaurant do you tip there though? how do you tell if a restaurant is on the quality of a burger king or a applebees i dont get it please explain america

the quality of applebees is the exact same as the quality of a burger king and in fact virtually every chain restaurant in America is on par with mcdonalds. hth

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

bunky posted:

there's a waffle house like 2 minutes away. your house is probably like wicked far

yeah I'm in TX so just get off your rear end and go to waffle house, bunk

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

gnarlyhotep posted:

yeah I'm in TX so just get off your rear end and go to waffle house, bunk

whoa, harsh invite dude. im just going to drink some A1 sauce instead

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

bunky posted:

whoa, harsh invite dude. im just going to drink some A1 sauce instead

hey man your always welcome but I dont think a major trip is warranted just for eggs

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

gnarlyhotep posted:

hey man your always welcome but I dont think a major trip is warranted just for eggs

i might swing by but i was promised ham and cheese

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

bunky posted:

i might swing by but i was promised ham and cheese

fine, I'm melting the butter in the skillet now

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

gnarlyhotep posted:

fine, I'm melting the butter in the skillet now

I'm on my way. Do I have to tip

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

bunky posted:

I'm on my way. Do I have to tip

of course not

well, not with money..... ;)

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Tautologicus posted:

I can't believe this guy wants to come to the US and the first thing they want to see is wafflehouse. Wafflehouse is terrible and is also only in terrible areas, like anywhere south of DC :laugh:. I have never seen a wafflehouse anywhere I have lived, aka good places.

There are Waffle Houses in PA, and gently caress you because Waffle House is some good, greasy spoon eats.

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

Cyberball 2072 posted:

Good tip, back before legal weed I once was eating at an empty Waffle House with half a smoked bowl in my pocket when 2 cruisers worth of cops came in, they didn't smell my drugs but it wasn't a fun 15 minutes eating.

no cop has ever chosen hash over hash browns, you were safe

you could have stone cold killed a man, ain't no lawman gonna put his waffles down

Prude
Nov 28, 2010

by Reene

Moosechees posted:

the quality of applebees is the exact same as the quality of a burger king and in fact virtually every chain restaurant in America is on par with mcdonalds. hth

what the gently caress

have you ever had jack in the box? people act like in-n-out is the hallmark of the west but i legit missed jack in the box more when i went to texas

also chick-fil-a, they could loving start an anti-gay inquisition for all i care so long as they keep making those chicken sandwiches

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
if you're not white, don't go to the states where its allowed to kill non-white people legally

other than that, don't go to waffle houses in the US. they have a lot of interesting regional cuisine for the same price that is much, much better.

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
I leave copies of the Common Application in lieu of actual money. With a little perseverance the servers can find themselves with a degree, tons of debt, and no real options other than going back to waitressing. Lol.

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
Waffle House is loving gross.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

If you don't show up to Waffle House in formal dress clothes then I don't know what the gently caress

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3
i tip well almost always but i refuse to tip when i pick up a pizza. i mean, yea, money for goods and services but i did just pay for a pizza, why are you printing a receipt that is asking for a tip? all you did besides making the pizza (which I'm paying for) was move a pizza six feet from a rack to the front desk. that does not merit a tip

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what about at places like disney world do you tip there if you go to a sit down restaurant why is america so confusing

similiary any good tips on how to get a american women HEH

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

generally if you sit down and someone brings something to you and checks up on you until you're done eating you tip. including places in disney world. if you wait at a counter for your food and take it to a table to eat generally you do not tip (fast food). only tip at a buffet if someone is bringing you drinks.

Other Barry
Jun 5, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
tipping is stupid but the food rules are not hard

tip the following food service people -

1) People who bring food to your home or place of business
2) People who will notice that your drink is empty and do something about it

note that far more people than this will have tip jars, like baristas and "sandwich artists" and fuckers like that. tip jars on counters that you walked up to are for suckers.

this doesn't include bartenders since they fall under rule 2)

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

the only time i tipped picking up a pizza is when they hosed up my order and gave me two pizzas instead of one pizza with two halves with different toppings and didn't charge me for it

i mean, they were being cool so i tipped them for the favor

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
I gave the waitress at the bowling alley a big tip the other day because the dumbass behind the counter kept giving our team tickets for a round of free drinks for the whole team, when really he was just supposed to give us a slip to sign up for some lovely raffle. I figured I didn't earn the free drinks, so whatever.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

if you're not white, don't go to the states where its allowed to kill non-white people legally

other than that, don't go to waffle houses in the US. they have a lot of interesting regional cuisine for the same price that is much, much better.

dude that's europes past time, they killed more browns than america could ever hope to. also florida is one of those states where you can get away with hitting wild animals with a machete and grilling them on a smokey joe. just eat alligator every meal.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

thread really wants me to go get some waffle house but there isn't one anywhere close because cleveland is a hellhole of rust

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Business Gorillas posted:

thread really wants me to go get some waffle house but there isn't one anywhere close because cleveland is a hellhole of rust

best waffles always come from brunch places in the gay chunk of every city just look for that, or is that not a thing out side california.

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

TOILETLORD posted:

best waffles always come from brunch places in the gay chunk of every city just look for that, or is that not a thing out side california.

look you wanna get a egg benedick with holiday sauce and a english muffin with some organic local jams then yeah find some deep v's running a farm to table in the homo district

but you wanna get some fuckin WAFFLES you gotta hit the house son

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

never eaten at waffle house, i don't plan on doing so any time soon.

Its probably poo poo, but the waiters there are probably poor, so tip.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I live in the northwest which is basically coffee snob hell but I will tell you this, there is god damned nothing like chain diner coffee, black, in the morning or at 2 AM when drunk as gently caress

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Code Jockey posted:

I live in the northwest which is basically coffee snob hell but I will tell you this, there is god damned nothing like chain diner coffee, black, in the morning or at 2 AM when drunk as gently caress

it's folgers 90% of the time.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
don't even care

maybe it's the ambiance

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

TOILETLORD posted:

i think the most american first meal you can have is 3 pounds of beef in a single sitting.

ok that map makes sense since i've only been to california hawaii and nevada
A good deli will pack that much meat in a single sandwich.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Secks Cauldron posted:

A good deli will pack that much meat in a single sandwich.

yeah all the good deli's near me take too long to drive to so i just go for steak and/or ribs.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i'm sure it's been said but you based the tip on waiter/watresses' values as a human being and tip depending on whether you think they should live through the next winter

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

i'm sure it's been said but you based the tip on waiter/watresses' values as a human being and tip depending on whether you think they should live through the next winter

dunno i live in place where an unemployed waiter can go straight onto a food card and live on the beach year round i think not tipping does them a favor.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
breaking news waffle house is poo poo thanks americans

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Abu Dave posted:

breaking news waffle house is poo poo thanks americans

yet it is still more palatable than your posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU