Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Qoey
Jun 2, 2014

The American Dream posted:

Eddie Edwards hung out at the bar that held a show for like 2 hours drinking with stereotypical wrestling fans 2-3 years ago. He was taking pictures with anyone that wanted one. Then at some point someone asked for a chop... And then we all started taking chops from Eddie Edwards. It didn't hurt a ton because I assume he's responsible enough to pull it a bit and I was pretty drunk. But it was pretty loud and itched like a mother fucker for the next couple of days. My friend that took one literally had a hand print on his chest when he sent me a picture later on. It was like the shroud of turin.

That sounds awesome. Makes me think of a drunk, American version of that huge line of people that Inoki slapped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lost Rivell
Jun 4, 2012
Gangrel is probably the nicest wrestler I've ever met. Me and my sister went to a lot of signings around when the Brood were getting super popular, and every time, Gangrel would recognize us and go out of his way to chill and talk for a bit, he's just a super nice guy.

Also, Aja Kong has a badass handshake.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

mkay0 posted:

Over 2200 lbs combined, and he looked like he could have done more on all three. :drat:

That benchpress, I thought he was gonna go down for another rep, just to be sure.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

SylvainMustach posted:

Gotta be Drake Younger. I don't think I've ever seen someone so drat positive (in wrestling or anywhere else).

:unsmith:

:allears:

Edit of sorts:

Booker T's story, where he came from to where he is now, is also really charming and I've never read any kind of crappy dirt on him.

I think when you come from a life of getting faceplanted into light tubes for a cheeseburger getting to go out on tv and be a part of the big stage must be like christ came down from heaven and gave you a handbeezy

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Byolante posted:

I think when you come from a life of getting faceplanted into light tubes for a cheeseburger getting to go out on tv and be a part of the big stage must be like christ came down from heaven and gave you a handbeezy

Also, because of the crop of talent they have in NXT right now, he gets to be around friends while he does it.

Awkward Man
Mar 23, 2006

DukeofCA posted:

Libertarian-leanings aside, everything I've ever heard says Glen Jacobs is cordial as gently caress to fans and is the safest person in the business to work with.

I met Kane at a horror convention back in June. People had paid some big bucks for meet & greet packages and panel discussions with him, but I just happened to catch him as he was chilling after his signings. I didn't want to bother him for a picture or autograph or anything but I just had to say hi. He seemed tired as hell, especially since this was around the Payback PPV when he was still in the title picture with Bryan and his schedule was probably busy as gently caress. But drat he was still happy to shake my hand and chat for a minute and answer some of my stupid-rear end questions. Total class-act.

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?
Jeff Hardy was a really nice guy when he came into the store I was working at one time about 7 or 8 years ago. After I helped him find what he was looking for, we stood around talking for a little bit and found out that some folks he knew in school were friends of mine from college.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
DDP should go into the Hall of Fame based on the work he did with Jake alone. The thread reaction to Jake's return at RAW was wonderful, so many people were absolutely stunned at how good he looked. DDP is a drat saint.

Kaskadan
Mar 28, 2010

I've got some bad NOMS for you
It always makes me feel good seeing that Steph and HHH seem to have an extremely normal and healthy relationship/marriage.

I have massive respect for Edge and the way he retired. Going out on top for all the right reasons

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Kaskadan posted:

It always makes me feel good seeing that Steph and HHH seem to have an extremely normal and healthy relationship/marriage.

I have massive respect for Edge and the way he retired. Going out on top for all the right reasons

Do you ever think that after an argument, HHH has to stop himself from pedigreeing her

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Smoking Crow posted:

Do you ever think that after an argument, HHH has to stop himself from pedigreeing her

I do in fact.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Kaskadan posted:

A debilitating neck injury is the right reason?

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Kaskadan posted:

I actually lost some respect for Hulk Hogan after he said "real men work hurt" or whatever he said indicating Edge should have kept going. Edge is a good role model for young guys getting into the business in knowing when to call it quits if the injuries are piling up lest you become another Kurt Angle. One more bad bump and the doctors said he would be in a wheelchair for the rest of his life, a lot of respect to Edge in making a tough decision.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

TL posted:

Well it's not a wrong one.

My favorite Wrestleman is Officer Colt Cabana, because he isn't afraid to take out the JUGGALOS!

Kaskadan
Mar 28, 2010

I've got some bad NOMS for you

TL posted:

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

Well it's not a wrong one.

Make 2 lists
List A contains wrestlers who quit wrestling at the top of their game with the belt around their waste, on their own terms so that they didn't further hurt themselves or someone else.
List B contains anyone who should have quit years ago, are too hurt to work properly, got jobbed into obscurity and/or hosed up and seriously injured someone else.

Edge put himself at the very top of List A by doing it in the middle of a WWE ring with the belt around his waist.

drat loving right it is the right reason.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Kaskadan posted:

Make 2 lists
List A contains wrestlers who quit wrestling at the top of their game with the belt around their waste, on their own terms so that they didn't further hurt themselves or someone else.
List B contains anyone who should have quit years ago, are too hurt to work properly, got jobbed into obscurity and/or hosed up and seriously injured someone else.

Edge put himself at the very top of List A by doing it in the middle of a WWE ring with the belt around his waist.

drat loving right it is the right reason.

To further point this out, Edge knew he was done at the end of his contract, it was lucky coincidence he went out with the title. But he always realized he wanted out at the that time, like he said "Not having a choice just made it easier to leave then."

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Edge should have ended his career by gingerly lowering himself onto somebody nobody cares about on a show nobody watches, like Randy Savage did.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Shine posted:

Edge should have ended his career by gingerly lowering himself onto somebody nobody cares about on a show nobody watches, like Randy Savage did.

which theoretical tna champion is he pinning here?

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...

oatgan posted:

which theoretical tna champion is he pinning here?

Bobby Roode?

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Smoking Crow posted:

To be fair, she does a pretty good one herself.

As for Edge, I found it kind of sad that even after all this time he can't watch wrestling. I think he said he has the network but he won't watch current day stuff because he knows that if things had been different he'd still be there in some capacity.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

DrVenkman posted:

To be fair, she does a pretty good one herself.

As for Edge, I found it kind of sad that even after all this time he can't watch wrestling. I think he said he has the network but he won't watch current day stuff because he knows that if things had been different he'd still be there in some capacity.

Nobody told Steph she's supposed to let go of the hands on the way down on the Pedigree, and as a result, the Bellas took the two best looking Pedigrees in the last several years and it ruled.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

Nobody told Steph she's supposed to let go of the hands on the way down on the Pedigree, and as a result, the Bellas took the two best looking Pedigrees in the last several years and it ruled.

I like to think that Steph knew and she was just trying to pedigree some talent into them.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

HHH only lets go because he needs to protect his knees right? Steph still has years more smashings to give.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Bo Dallas just seems silly happy that people actually know who he is. Met Gangrel in a supermarket once, my girlfriend asked where he got his fangs. He said they were real and gave an evil laugh.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Gangrel no-showed an independent league thing in Wildwood that I'd go to every year. Those things were the highlights of my childhood vacations. drat you, Gangrel.

There was also a Dave Mysterio at the event, who told me he was Rey's brother. He was amazingly nice to me when I got my autograph and said he'd point to me when he hit his big move. He hit his moonsault and pointed to me and it was the most :3: feeling in the world and I had his autograph on my wall for years.

Only recently did I find out that Rey Mysterio didn't have a brother named Dave. There was no Dave Mysterio at all!

Gillberg was there once too. I forgot to pay his $2 autograph fee and he called me on it despite being like 8 but he was still a pretty nice dude. He was the biggest name they had that year, hilariously enough. There was a Royal Rumble event to finish the night, and Gillberg was kicking all sorts of rear end. He was one of the last two people in, clearly scheduled to win against some local no-name nobody... When he accidentally got eliminated. There was about 5 minutes of silence as the promoters figured out what to do, and then the guy got on the mic and demanded that Gillberg get back into the ring. He eliminated the guy almost immediately.

Even when Gillberg is supposed to win, he loses. THe legend is real, people.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

DeathChicken posted:

Bo Dallas just seems silly happy that people actually know who he is. Met Gangrel in a supermarket once, my girlfriend asked where he got his fangs. He said they were real and gave an evil laugh.

Gangrel must have the best house on Halloween :allears:

bartok
May 10, 2006

When I was working security at an auto show I got to meet Sheamus and he couldn't have been nicer. I swear I never saw him not smile the entire time he was signing autographs and talking with fans. Hell he even stayed late so he could get to everyone in line. Also I was surprised that he wasn't much taller than I was. I'm 5'11" and there is no way he is 6'4".

bartok fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Oct 10, 2014

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
Sheamus wears lifts, fwiw

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
super obvious ones, to boot.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Ryback owns just because of his tweets.

quote:

Everyone tweet me your favorite thing about me. Examples r my great talent, big traps, big arms, raw power, or just cause I'm The Big Guy.

quote:

In the gym doing 20 sets of traps. Big guy Big Traps Big Neck Big Checks Big Arms setting off Fire Alarms. Everybody loves the big guy.

quote:

32 yrs ago on this day a God like Man was born. Speaking full sentences and curling his umbilical cord. Big Guy Big Cake Big Legs Empty Kegs

He's the best.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Shine posted:

He's the best.

My favorite Ryback tweets were when he made a probably fake tweet about being picked up for drunk driving, then his next tweet was just that he'd been released, presumably by the police, but it started up a bunch of nerds going on about how the WWE released him.

Standingstoic
Jan 17, 2007
Out of the blue, beyond any cause you can trace, you'll suddenly realize things are not how you perceived them at all. For some reason, you will no longer be the person you believed you once were.

LvK posted:

They're probably for height, really.

Had the pleasure of meeting Randy Orton a few times after shows in PA because I worked on the arena crew in Wilkes-Barre. I had the goon classic "release the doves" shirt on during one of these occasions and got to explain the whole thing to him, which got a pretty good chuckle out of him. Shortly thereafter, there was that PPV poster with him handling the dove, which I like to think was a result of our encounter, even if it was sheer coincidence.

Also met Stacy Keibler and Booker T at a Smackdown taping prior to the Randy Orton stuff. Both were incredibly nice to everyone working at the arena and went out of their way to do some signing and pictures while they were backstage during the show. Booker also got really frustrated about having to do a taped promo 5 or 6 times because someone kept slamming an office door while it was being taped. On the fourth or so attempt, he gave a pretty amusing "tell me you didn't..." after being told they'd have to do it again because of the door. So, dude was pretty good-natured even when frustrated and frankly, seemed to be having the best time of anyone working that night.

Standingstoic fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Oct 11, 2014

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

LvK posted:

well where else would he have them?

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
... god damnit.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Shine posted:

He's the best.

He's like the good version of the Ultimate Warrior.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Layla always seems like good people. She's heavily into the charity side of things (especially since she lost her mom to cancer) to the point where even when she was working heel she came to the ring with a jacket that had the name of a young fan who was either quite sick or had died recently. And in the ring she's really quite generous with selling other Divas' moves- she's been thrown off that apron so many times it's almost her signature spot. When she had that knee injury in 2011 it was no surprise.

I have a lot of respect for Natalya since she's borne the brunt of so much that was awful about the Divas division over the past few years. She gets in a team with Beth Phoenix, they're ignored and their one video package is interrupted by a Jericho tease. She's given an angle that is literally "farts a lot". She gets made the valet of the Great Khali for no particular reason. Total Divas tends to write/edit her into this bitter mother hen figure. But she keeps on soldierin', putting on solid matches and helping carry the less experienced Divas.

Will always mark for Booker T. When I was watching WCW in early 99 (I knew no better) he was my favorite guy, the one who seemed most like a real athlete, and I hugely enjoyed his goofy announcing run with WWE and the pre-show stuff he does now. Shucky Ducky Quack Quack indeed, sir.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Shine posted:

he already has a starring role on Haven

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

🎵 I'm blue
Yeah I'm a blue Shrek, guy
Step a foot in my swamp
And you're gonna die 🎵
Trish Stratus always been an awesome person. She took a pretty routine role as a valet for the tag team of Test and Albert and a background in fitness and eventually became one of the greatest and most beloved female wrestlers of all time. She also decided to retire on her own terms and has done pretty well for herself since then. She seems like such a happy and content person. In fact, isn't that what finally led to Melina being released? Her treatment of Trish backstage at that one WrestleMania and everyone was like "How he gently caress could you have a problem with Trish Stratus?"

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Trish Stratus always been an awesome person. She took a pretty routine role as a valet for the tag team of Test and Albert and a background in fitness and eventually became one of the greatest and most beloved female wrestlers of all time. She also decided to retire on her own terms and has done pretty well for herself since then. She seems like such a happy and content person. In fact, isn't that what finally led to Melina being released? Her treatment of Trish backstage at that one WrestleMania and everyone was like "How he gently caress could you have a problem with Trish Stratus?"

This video shows why Trish Stratus is pure awesome!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UncMrAt5gE4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Also in YAY Trish news - She turned down Playboy multiple times. She wrestled a large portion of her career during a time when women would get pushes purely on the fact that they got their tits out in a porno mag, (and given what we know of Vince, and Kevin Dunn were probably encouarged rather heavily to do so), but still didn't. Not out of prudishness, well mainly, but more out of the fact that she wanted to be seen at the end of teh day as a wrestler, and a personality. Not just a set of tits. So YAY to her for doing that.

• Locked thread