Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Ah, welp. In that case let's get some murder-servitors. :v: In seriousness, manufactorum and a shrine.

Forums Terrorist fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Oct 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

contagonist
Jul 21, 2014

You shouldn't be doing anything with fluorine.
2 votes for Manufact/Shrine.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
In the case of "we want something else too":

The Manufactorum/Shrine are all 3 of our "bonus" SP and give +3 morale and +10 to repair checks.
The Auto-temple I mentioned is 0 SP and +2 morale (and is a temple in a dropship that we can launch at unsuspecting nonbeliver planets) leaving us 1 sp to use on a medicae or librarium or any of the other sundry 1sp bonus decks.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Fair enough. A medicae might be helpful for patching up me and the other xenos too.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Forums Terrorist posted:

Fair enough. A medicae might be helpful for patching up me and the other xenos too.

Strictly speaking I can't fail that roll in normal situations (I'll have 100 skill on the Eldar and 120 on the Ork so...)

But I suppose if anyone wanted me to do surgery it'd be good, and help with triage checks during combat. Sort of depends on what people's priorities are.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
I've been meaning to look at stuff to suggest to add to the ship, but personally I find the ship building/combat stuff to be the dullest part of Rogue Trader, so don't go waiting for me to come up with suggestions, I'll just be shouting at the crew to inspire them from the command deck during combat anyway.

e: though I'd love a loving Labratorium from Hostile acquisitions or Librarium vault from Core.

Werix fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Oct 14, 2014

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Werix posted:

I've been meaning to look at stuff to suggest to add to the ship, but personally I find the ship building/combat stuff to be the dullest part of Rogue Trader, so don't go waiting for me to come up with suggestions, I'll just be shouting at the crew to inspire them from the command deck during combat anyway.

e: though I'd love a loving Labratorium from Hostile acquisitions or Librarium vault from Core.

That lab is pretty sweet.

P72 Hostile: 1 power, 2 space, 3 sp (so all of our newly acquired SP):
pre:
Research Facility: This Component grants a +20 bonus to all tests to identify, 
analyse, and repair artefacts of ancient or xenos origin, or to any tests to 
craft single items (such as a single weapon or piece of armour). This could 
include Scholastic Lore, Forbidden Lore, Tech-Use, and Trade Tests (as well 
as others at the GM’s discretion).
The core book tenebro-maze also sounds awesome, especially for you yelling at the crew: 2 power, 3 space, 2 sp

pre:
The interior of the ship is a maze of passageways, blind compartments, and 
triple-sealed pressure-hatches. Enemy boarding parties become quickly lost 
and separated, while the defenders spring cunning ambushes from behind hololithic 
bulkheads. 
Hidden sally-ports: 
This ship gains +10 to all Command Tests when defending against boarding actions 
and Hit and Run Actions.
Incomprehensible Layout: 
When a Component on this ship is selected to be affected from a critical hit, it 
is chosen by the ship’s controller, not the attacker.
Which would also leave room for the librarium (all investigation skills are +10) and the auto-temple (+2 morale)

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Auto temple is really neat, but I don't see myself as much of the "go fourth and spread the word" kind of missionary.

Counterpoint: It's a Emperor damned church that we drop down on a planet.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Werix posted:

Auto temple is really neat, but I don't see myself as much of the "go fourth and spread the word" kind of missionary.

Counterpoint: It's a Emperor damned church that we drop down on a planet.

At the end of the day it probably would behoove us to determine what our goals were and plan around that. The lab is pretty drat awesome if we're gonna be out exploring. If we're going to be an all-xeno taxi service we could slap in xenos habitats. If we just want to be pretty self sufficient, we could get a plasma scoop (refuel by running through gas giants). Or get an arboretum and extra supplies and be able to stay out like 3x longer without crew and morale loss.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

:frogsiren: :frogsiren: :frogsiren: :frogsiren: THREAD IS UP, TIME TO POST :frogsiren: :frogsiren: :frogsiren: :frogsiren:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

This does just highlight the point that we should make a command decision on the 3SP of ship upgrades.

Lab is awesome, munitorum/shrine is awesome, or if we don't really need extra components we could always see if frajaq is on board with swapping our engines with best craftsmanship jovian-pattern class 8.3 plasma drives which are a wash on power/space but we'd gain 1d5 Morale, engines that ignore crits 60% of the time, and just imagine how giddy the techpriests would be with such an amazingly well built engine.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Lol at most of the ambition crew scared of human touch

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

frajaq posted:

Lol at most of the ambition crew scared of human touch

I started a thing it would seem.

Seriously though, even my most comfortable friends I don't reach down to grasp their wrists in preparation to a jolly adventure, so this rogue trader is a little too handsy.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

She does have 23 IP so she may be a bit unhinged

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Notice nobody tried to touch the two pet psychotic killers :smug:

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Werix posted:

Seriously though, even my most comfortable friends I don't reach down to grasp their wrists

Not their wrists, no.

contagonist
Jul 21, 2014

What can I say, I wanted to try out a new mannerism.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Since people already gave their opinions by now the new Components are:
Temple Shrine to the God Emperor
Manufactorum Deck
Trophy Room (for pure fluff)

contagonist
Jul 21, 2014

Cool.

Also: how are we handling fate point refreshing?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Fate Points will refresh whenever I find appropriate.

Also today's update delayed to tomorrow because of university shenanigans

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

How badly would this guy react if a known assassin that he missed on his first check started talking?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

wiegieman posted:

How badly would this guy react if a known assassin that he missed on his first check started talking?

Reasonably badly I'd expect, especially since the captain all but said you were elsewhere doing things

contagonist
Jul 21, 2014

Hey Werix, How open would you be to the idea of the madame captain having unrequited hots for Wyoming, which are so unrequited for Very Good Reasons?

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

contagonist posted:

Hey Werix, How open would you be to the idea of the madame captain having unrequited hots for Wyoming, which are so unrequited for Very Good Reasons?

In this particular game, not that open to it, though thanks for asking!

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Hey Werix, how open would you be to the idea of the mad Navigator Casmirre having unrequited (or requited :wink:) hots for Wyoming?

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

MaliciousOnion posted:

Hey Werix, how open would you be to the idea of the mad Navigator Casmirre having unrequited (or requited :wink:) hots for Wyoming?

Frajaq, HELP!

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

No sexual harassment allowed between the Unmaking Gaze officers!

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

School has been busting my rear end, will try to update tomorrow, sorry for the delay

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Don't worry about prioritizing Real Life over pretend internet space psychos.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

again the update will be delayed tomorrow due to school stuff :sweatdrop:

I imagine for the crew on Port Wander that you'll go to the calixian nobles representative next?

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Like, I set up the whole lounge thing for the ork, eldar, and magos so we can, you know, play roles while the boring people go and do plot poo poo. So feel free to reply to Wyoming.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Werix posted:

Like, I set up the whole lounge thing for the ork, eldar, and magos so we can, you know, play roles while the boring people go and do plot poo poo. So feel free to reply to Wyoming.

Maybe I just want some alone time with my Lictor corpse :colbert:

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Werix posted:

What does an Ork need with wine and nibbles? :colbert: :orks:

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

At least two of the individuals invited by Wyoming are either sociopaths or incapable of extended interaction without framing it as violence in some way or both (Deinmora is both.)

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
I tried frajaq. I'm sorry, but the prognosis is boring players. Your thread has at most six months to live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Yeah I should stop beating around the bush about this: I got busy as hell last week with university related stuff, same thing this week and it doesn't look like it will get better, it will actually only get worse. These days I don't get the mental focus to write stuff about 2 games so I'll close this one, simply due to the other being older than this one.

Apologies to all my players and sorry the Ambition Gaze didn't even left Port Wander :sweatdrop:

• Locked thread