Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So last night I realized Cookie Clicker still existed and found out that there's a billion goddamn click a thing every 30 minutes games. For shits and giggles I gave Clicker Heroes a shot and it's actually kind of nice to mess with when I take a five minute break.

I've never really been big on the click a thing and wait another half hour before you can do something else games, like the space strategy one goons were all over, but it could be kind of chill to play one now that I have five minute chunks I need to kill every little while. What are some decent games like this? I know there's a ton which is why I'd figure I would ask before googling and getting a ton of shovelware Korean browser stuff.

I already know about the incremental games thread. I'm more interested in what else there is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
A few hundred thousand people swear by Candy Crush. It's probably better than Cookie Clicker because it enforces taking a break when you run out of lives.

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!

bbcisdabomb posted:

A few hundred thousand people swear by Candy Crush. It's probably better than Cookie Clicker because it enforces taking a break when you run out of lives.

If by "taking a break" you mean "buying more lives with real money," then yeah.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

My friend seems to be addicted to Clash of Clans. I swear every time we go somewhere he always takes at least 10 minutes to check his phone and collect resources/attack/defend.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
Most of the stuff made by Nimblebit is pretty good, although they're pushing up against the "idle game" definition. Tiny tower, pocket planes, pocket trains, those games.

For stuff where you're actually actively doing things, try anything made by PopCap - Bejeweled, Plants Vs. Zombies, Peggle, etc.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
It probably isn't quite what you're looking for, but Digital Eel markets its library as 'coffee break' games. They're not terribly deep, but one way or another you'll probably see a whole game from start to finish in fifteen minutes or less.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
I love clash of clans. I need a new clan if anyone is interested in teaming up.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
The Doom Roguelike is awesome and everyone should play it. If you have a good run, it might go for 45-50 minutes.

Pinball Arcade, Neuroshima Hex, and 868-Hack are all very awesome games I go back to over and over again on iOS.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Gravitee posted:

I love clash of clans. I need a new clan if anyone is interested in teaming up.

There is a CoC thread with goon clans for you to join.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

IronDoge posted:

My friend seems to be addicted to Clash of Clans. I swear every time we go somewhere he always takes at least 10 minutes to check his phone and collect resources/attack/defend.

That game is probably the most awful pay to win "game" I've ever seen. It's unbelievable how much time and money people will pour into terrible poo poo.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
gently caress mobile games, go play Nuclear Throne. http://store.steampowered.com/app/242680/

Nuclear Throne is my goto game when I have 5 minutes too kill or just need a small break from coding at night. I have over 80 hours played and it's still in early access. They have made updates every weekend for months and months so far and won't stop until final release. Vlambeer games are good games.

iamnotcreative
Jul 28, 2002
What, you expected something creative here?
MinuteQuest is a fun little time waster for Android and it's totally free, no micro transactions or intrusive ads at all.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Adam Bowen posted:

That game is probably the most awful pay to win "game" I've ever seen. It's unbelievable how much time and money people will pour into terrible poo poo.

This basically describes most of the mobile games market.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Custer's Revenge

Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014

poemdexter posted:

gently caress mobile games, go play Nuclear Throne. http://store.steampowered.com/app/242680/

Nuclear Throne is my goto game when I have 5 minutes too kill or just need a small break from coding at night. I have over 80 hours played and it's still in early access. They have made updates every weekend for months and months so far and won't stop until final release. Vlambeer games are good games.

That and the fact is has a pretty rad soundtrack. I would totally advise this game. I bought it in a moment of weakness and have zero regrets. It's great short burst game. And tons of great ideas and character.

For me it's horror games. I usually play for a half hour. poo poo my pants and then load it back up.

But for serious half hour blasts I like Hotline Miami, FTL or Receiver.

Lonos Oboe fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Oct 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008
If you ever played doorgames on BBSs back in the day, you probably know Barren Realms Elite (BRE) which was awesome. There's a bunch of games like it now, including X-Kings which a couple of my friends convinced me to play once. It's ok.

• Locked thread