Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
Somehow, it just keeps getting worse.

New love triangle :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

seravid posted:

Somehow, it just keeps getting worse.

New love triangle :negative:

I stuck it through Dexter, I stuck it through How I met your mother, I barely made it through true blood, but I just can't continue watching this show. I saw it record last night and deleted it off of my DVR. You should do the same

Fruity Tree
Aug 14, 2010
It's fine, just make that cop guy whose name I don't even remember the new Aidan. It's. Fine. Just end it.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Uh... hello? Just wanted to let you guys know the show's been back for three weeks now; curiosity took the better of me and I can report that the writers have reached a new, terrible low. Secondary cast did dumb things while the fake french wannabe-revenger did dumb lovely things. She was then hit by a cab while standing still in a mostly empty street. In broad daylight. While wearing a bright red suit. It's beautiful, but don't take my word for it.

She obviously lost dead rear end in a top hat's spawn and proceeded to lie about the whole thing to Stowe so Mamma Revenger can finally have a reason to join her fellow cast members in the doing of dumb and/or lovely things.

TL;DR: writers' room spy cam footage: :shrek::shrek::shrek::shrek::shrek::shrek::shrek::shrek:

DapperDinosaur
May 27, 2012

This is what America's next drag super star does...

She works for a living.
I'm still watching for... some reason.

Margaoux or whatever is just so boring and I don't care about her dumb pointless revenge at all. And this is coming from the only person in the world who likes and cares about Jack.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I have taken the show off of my DVR three times over the course of its run and each time I get dropped back. I cannot explain this. The show is worse than Dexter in my hate watching

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

OMG Ems....my wife wanted her to get shot right before the announcement.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

They are so clearly grasping at straws now to come up with new revengeancing angles from random people, it's making me nuts. This series should have been done already.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

A clip show? This had better mean that the show ends fully in 4 or 5 episodes.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

I thought you were kidding. That wasn't worth the effort of clicking "play".

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
This show has not been on long enough to deserve a clip show

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

A lot of ABC's shows have sucked dogshit this year.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

The finale on May 10 will in fact be the series finale

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/04/29/revenge-series-finale-season4

I'd say the timing is about right, and it sounds like there's going to be at least a reasonable sense of closure.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Timing would have been right three seasons ago, but at least it'll be over soon.

Stowe's exit was way overdue and yet they still managed to make it dumb; hoping the finale goes all-out crazy with the soap and they bring her back toothless for one. last. REVENGE.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I really, really liked this show in S1 and S2, watched S3 but wasn't really into it, and have only seen maybe two episodes of S4. I do want to see how it ends, but should I watch all of S4 or just wait for the finale?

Stranger Danger Ranger
Jul 21, 2007
There are lizards coming out of my tv.

seravid posted:

Timing would have been right three seasons ago, but at least it'll be over soon.

Stowe's exit was way overdue and yet they still managed to make it dumb; hoping the finale goes all-out crazy with the soap and they bring her back toothless for one. last. REVENGE.

What happened? I don't wanna actually watch the show to find out.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Jaaam posted:

What happened? I don't wanna actually watch the show to find out.

Emily outed Victoria's crimes on national television, effectively destroying her reputation. Victoria responded by concocting a plan to frame Emily for her murder, and then executed the plan by actually blowing up Grayson Manor with herself inside. But not before leaving Emily a smug video message from beyond the grave.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

"Hello, Emily, and gently caress you. My masterplan is complete and you will now be going to prison for my fake murder. Even though I'll be dead and so will never actually witness your misery, at least I know you'll be rotting in a cell for the rest of your life. Which, uh, means you'll have years to prove your innocence, but, uh... no one will help you because I killed or turned everyone you love against you! Wait, did I forget to do that? Still, with only your Taken-type spec ops killer dad, your billionaire hacking genius best friend, your hunk ex-cop and his lawyer mom to fight for you, there is no hope! I win! Hahahahaha *video self-destructs* "

pahuyuth posted:

I really, really liked this show in S1 and S2, watched S3 but wasn't really into it, and have only seen maybe two episodes of S4. I do want to see how it ends, but should I watch all of S4 or just wait for the finale?

I'd say do yourself a favor and go straight to the finale.

Stranger Danger Ranger
Jul 21, 2007
There are lizards coming out of my tv.
Wow, that's dumb. I stopped watching a while ago, around season 2 I think, because the show was just becoming more and more like Passions, but without the charm. May watch the finale though, just to see if Emily moves to Alaska to become a lumberjack.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Let us finish this poo poo right!

I am calling that the two graves will be filled with Jack and Emily. Emily's dad dies from cancer.

Victoria leaves into the sunset as the victor she was always meant to be.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

I am calling that the two graves will be filled with Jack and Emily. Emily's dad dies from cancer.

This show ends with Emily joining Shield.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Bzzt. Victoria and David lie in graves, Jack and Amandemily boat away to nowhere and she sets Nolan up to be The Equalizer or some dumb poo poo, but she continues to relate her story as some kind of cautionary tale even though she got to marry her boyfriend and give him a dog so they can go live on a boat without a dog. Oh also Ems and Vicky shot each other and Charlotte comes out of loving nowhere to say Emily can have Victoria's heart to stay alive because OF COURSE THEY'RE A PERFECT MATCH

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

drat, I was so close on both of them dying.

But now I want to see "Nolan Ross saving people" spin off show.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I came back for the finale... I wish I hadn't.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

Feka posted:

The irrational soap opera plot twists in this show are so hilarious it's worth watching.

I think a brain tumour is still missing, though.

Fret no more! But we never did have an evil twin thing. I don't consider Emily/Amanda to count for that.

Stabitha
Mar 11, 2005

You lookin' at me? Don't.
When Emily/Amanda and Jack kiss it's like a sister and brother making out. It's kind of gross and they have no chemistry. I was really hoping they wouldn't end up putting them together in the end.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

I have to say, given the crazy turns the show had taken (and it's season-or-so overstaying of its welcome) that was about as good of a series finale as I could have hoped for. The heart transplant thing was pretty much the perfect capper to this insane show.

Hard to say I'll miss it, but I generally enjoyed Revenge while it was on.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

SpelledBackwards posted:

Fret no more! But we never did have an evil twin thing. I don't consider Emily/Amanda to count for that.

Most soaps don't have ninjas and sword fighting. That said, this show should have ended 2 years ago.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

It did end 2 seasons ago. This was all a coke induced delusion of Charlotte's.

At least, that is how the show ended for me.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
Hmm, do I bother watching the finale? I loved season one of the show, Declan and Charlotte aside, and was determined to stick it out to the end. Then the loving ninjas, conveniently brushed aside miscarriages, coming back from the dead type poo poo really ramped up and even British hottie couldn't hold my interest. I've read the spoilers and it does sound hilarious though.

I've worked out that there's no easier way to kill a show than to have some shady, super secret government agency lurking in the background. It ruined this show, and the B12 whatever nonsense also caused me to give up on Scandal.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

netally posted:

Hmm, do I bother watching the finale? I loved season one of the show, Declan and Charlotte aside, and was determined to stick it out to the end. Then the loving ninjas, conveniently brushed aside miscarriages, coming back from the dead type poo poo really ramped up and even British hottie couldn't hold my interest. I've read the spoilers and it does sound hilarious though.

I've worked out that there's no easier way to kill a show than to have some shady, super secret government agency lurking in the background. It ruined this show, and the B12 whatever nonsense also caused me to give up on Scandal.

"The Syndicate"? Oh no that was just a throwaway boogeyman, they turned out to be four guys Conrad hired to make scary faces and pad the script.

If Victoria's actual father is the old horse man that raped her then why does Patrick look more like Charlie Day than Charles II of Spain?

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

It did end 2 seasons ago. This was all a coke induced delusion of Charlotte's.

At least, that is how the show ended for me.

This is the best answer. It was all something Declan something saw in a snow globe he was shaking. Then Aidan shows up, rips it out of his hand and uses it to cave in both of their skulls.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

This show was terrible and shall be missed by no one. Highlights of the finale include Jack and Amanda banging in the house where Ben was murdered two days earlier. Also, incest. Why they felt this revelation was a worthwhile addition to the show I'll never know (or care enough to find out).

ShakeZula posted:

I have to say, given the crazy turns the show had taken (and it's season-or-so overstaying of its welcome) that was about as good of a series finale as I could have hoped for. The heart transplant thing was pretty much the perfect capper to this insane show.

Hard to say I'll miss it, but I generally enjoyed Revenge while it was on.

The heart transplant scene was a dream, though.

...or was it?!

flakeloaf posted:

"The Syndicate"? Oh no that was just a throwaway boogeyman, they turned out to be four guys Conrad hired to make scary faces and pad the script.

Excuse me, it's called The Americon Initiative. Enthusiasts of hidden cameras, spotlights and fog machines.

Max Awfuls
Sep 10, 2011
I'd just like to point out that psycho killer Courtney Love out of nowhere is probably my favourite thing to happen in television this year and I like to imagine it as being the real Courtney Love to actually be doing the murdering , much the same way Louie CK or Larry David play themselves in their shows.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I

Max Awfuls posted:

I'd just like to point out that psycho killer Courtney Love out of nowhere is probably my favourite thing to happen in television this year and I like to imagine it as being the real Courtney Love to actually be doing the murdering , much the same way Louie CK or Larry David play themselves in their shows.

i was only half paying attention and thought it was Jacks mom.

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat
Holy hell this show turned out to be a huge mess. Like Glee, it pulled me in with an exceptional first half-season, then squandered all that goodwill until I only watched because it kept telling me it was sorry, it would change, and it loves me.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

The show really, really should have been a collection of Revenges. Have the Revenge Sensei be the common thread, maybe with surprise guest appearances from previous Revengers to help out during :asoiaf: moments in the following seasons. Tie everything up in the penultimate season finale, where everything seems fine until the Sensei gets brutally murdered by the ultimate rich rear end in a top hat - Zombie Conrad sponsored by BP and the Koch Bros - leading to the the show's endgame: All-Star Power Revengers. Series finale takes place in Zombie Conrad's moonbase, obviously.

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS

Manos del Sino posted:

Holy hell this show turned out to be a huge mess. Like Glee, it pulled me in with an exceptional first half-season, then squandered all that goodwill until I only watched because it kept telling me it was sorry, it would change, and it loves me.

Yep.

I think this season could have really done more with Daniel and killing him off in the first several episodes was a mistake. He could have been a better plotline than using his baby to fuel Margaux's pettiness.

Horrible season. They should have not killed of Conrad too. He was such a good villain. :(

AnimeJune
Dec 3, 2007

"We're dead. Bartowski's got a gun."

seravid posted:

The show really, really should have been a collection of Revenges. Have the Revenge Sensei be the common thread, maybe with surprise guest appearances from previous Revengers to help out during :asoiaf: moments in the following seasons. Tie everything up in the penultimate season finale, where everything seems fine until the Sensei gets brutally murdered by the ultimate rich rear end in a top hat - Zombie Conrad sponsored by BP and the Koch Bros - leading to the the show's endgame: All-Star Power Revengers. Series finale takes place in Zombie Conrad's moonbase, obviously.
Oh, exactly. You can't stretch out a single major revenge that long without the protagonist looking completely incompetent.

Stabitha
Mar 11, 2005

You lookin' at me? Don't.
If I were Jack, I'd run like the wind. Every other guy Amanda was with ended up dead. Although if that means Jack is going to die, maybe this was the best finale. He was the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

courtney_beth posted:

Yep.

I think this season could have really done more with Daniel and killing him off in the first several episodes was a mistake. He could have been a better plotline than using his baby to fuel Margaux's pettiness.

Horrible season. They should have not killed of Conrad too. He was such a good villain. :(

As soon as they turned Daniel from the sweet, slightly gullible guy into another cookie cutter villan Grayson, I was done. Margaux was awful too. I hate when shows like this suddenly introduce some random childhood friend or some poo poo and we are supposed to find them oh so exciting and instantly get invested.

The title of this thread reminds me of Gene from Bob's Burgers singing 'revengarine, revengarine' while playing the tambourine. Wish I could remember what episode that was.

• Locked thread