Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Hello, and welcome to my playthrough of Naughty Dog's 1996 Playstation classic, Crash Bandicoot.

Although Naughty Dog had created a handful of games without much recognition, they hit the big time with their release of Crash Bandicoot in late '96. At the time Crash was considered the mascot for the emerging Sony Playstation brand and was seen to be a rival to the Sonic and Mario games and a selling point of the Playstation experience.

The game itself was highly praised for it's graphical style but criticized for it's lack of innovation in the genre. Common platformer elements such as collecting 100 of some arbitrary token (wumpa-fruit in this case) in exchange for an extra life are present in the Crash games although it manages to mix things up with its use of camera angles, increasing difficulty curve and additional challenge of 100% clearing the game via its gem collecting system whereby gems are rewarded for destroying every crate in most levels.

It's a very special game in my heart, given the age I was when I received it as well as it being my first gateway into a new console generation, so kindly sit back, relax and join me as I playthrough one of the greatest Playstation classics - Crash Bandicoot

Videos

Part 01 - The First Island

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread