Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
solar death panel
Aug 3, 2010

Album Title: Escaping the Megalopolis
Artist: Full Colour Fantasy
URL: https://fullcolourfantasy.bandcamp.com
Genre: Industrial/Minimal music/Folk
File Size: 83.7MB
Album length: 45:34

So, I've finally finished this album I've been sporadically working on for a while now. It's a concept album (yes, pretentious I know, but bear with me!) loosely based on a series of dreams of a person who finds themselves in a world-encompassing city, from which there appears to be no way out. I imagined this place as the logical endpoint of the philosophies of Ayn Rand; i.e. pure uninhibited free market capitalism. Perhaps some former LF posters will like this; there's even a song called Laissez Faire. ;)

Stylistically speaking it's all over the board; influences from both classical and electronic music are heavily present, but there's also a close harmony folk song and a solo piano piece. Still I think the different styles fit coherently together, since each style represents a different part of the story. God I feel like I sound really intellectual now... I promise it's not inaccessible guys, there's even a dance song!

Let me know what you think! This album is finished now, but I still have a lot to learn and want to continue to improve myself (especially in music production) so comments are really appreciated!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread