Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mentos
Apr 14, 2008

The Freshmaker!
Great-Grandma said knock you out

gently caress, I forgot to put ICSA 64 in the title. Bart can you help please?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

This looks like fun, and since I have five days left, I will offer my great-grandfather's stuffing recipe. He was originally from Newburyport, MA.

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

drat, this really looks like something I want to do, but I only found this thread a week ago, and getting all the ingredients together has proven a bit of a hassle. Would it be possible to get a two-day extension on the deadline, or do I just need to hurry the gently caress up?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I'm in, I've been meaning to make up my grandmothers recipes for a while now. I guess I'll do spaghetti this time, and maybe a bonus Red Velvet cake in a few weeks.

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

Thesaurasaurus posted:

drat, this really looks like something I want to do, but I only found this thread a week ago, and getting all the ingredients together has proven a bit of a hassle. Would it be possible to get a two-day extension on the deadline, or do I just need to hurry the gently caress up?

I'd prefer you hurry the gently caress up, but occasional extensions are not unknown in the history of ICSA.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
I never found a krumkake iron, I have a lovely cold, and my flour is too questionable for yulekaga. I am breaking open a bag of IKEA ballz and egg noodles and coughing myself to codine soothed sleep. Just like grandma does.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

ICSA 64 : Neither Swiss nor Steak

Wherein I swear in the manner of my forefather at a piece of poo poo oven.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
OMFG my sister in North Carolina has the krumkake iron. I am SO MAD. And she's not going to share.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

ISCA 64: Thanksgiving Stuffing As Enigmatic As My Great-Grandfather

Great-granddad was something of a mystery and so is his stuffing recipe.

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010
ICSA 64: Pick the dead ants out of the cream and lets go shout at the telly
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681682

My grandmother sucked.

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

Meal made, plated, photographed, and eaten. Now to just unload them from this loving tablet so I can post my thread...

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

My entry for Iron Chef Something Awful LXIV: Little House in Suburbia.

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

ICSA 64: This is not the greatest recipe in the world - this is just a tribute

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib
ICSA 64: The Burger Prince

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Whelp, if I can still submit tomorrow, I will. My camera didn't save any of the pictures??? so I am remaking the recipe.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
No excuse here, the deadline completely slipped my mind. Will edit with entry.

My hurried entry. Hope I'm still good. :shobon:
Homegenous Mess in a Bowl

kinmik fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Nov 18, 2014

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

My camera is completely broken, no clue why it's not saving pictures.

I'm out.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

GreyPowerVan posted:

I'm out.

Unless you're a serious Luddite, your phone should have a camera. Effort > Image Quality, and if you put the effort in, post!

:justpost:

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

GreyPowerVan posted:

I'm out.

The same thing happened to me. I used my five year old cell phone to take a few lovely pics.

Although, for my entry that actually seemed more fitting to me at the time.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
I loved reading everyone's entries on the history behind their families' culinary legacies. I'd really appreciate at least a minimal effort post on your part GreyPowerVan. :)

Do it, you wimp. :getin:

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

kinmik posted:

I loved reading everyone's entries on the history behind their families' culinary legacies. I'd really appreciate at least a minimal effort post on your part GreyPowerVan. :)

Do it, you wimp. :getin:

Okay, I made a third recipe and gave it to some friends, so I have pictures from their camera.

Posting now.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3682363

I did a thing, god those pictures are blurry.

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Nov 19, 2014

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

So, when does the voting open? Not that I'm eager to taste bitter defeat or anything, but I thought it was going to be be 11/17 through 11/23?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

Thesaurasaurus posted:

So, when does the voting open? Not that I'm eager to taste bitter defeat or anything, but I thought it was going to be be 11/17 through 11/23?

That's an excellent question, and thanks everyone for your patience. There will now be a slightly delayed but extended to make up for it voting period. We'll end the contest on Black Friday, that glorious day when we trample people to buy poo poo to give to our ancestors, forebears, and others.

The Voting Thread is HERE!

• Locked thread